Re: Week 4: (2-1) Johnson Central (KY) @ (3-0) lronton

Post by biggdowgg »

Anyone know what the admission will be to get in these games

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

XandOs wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:07 pm
GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.
This post sounds like a daddy. There’s lot of kids I see that need to prove themself. Even many of the ones you posted.
Notice Aris Pittman got a couple looks against Fairland and made good work of them. Fast, athletic, 6ft3 kid. I look for him to figure in more and more as the season progresses.

As far as the "playing favorites" comment goes, I wouldn't begin to know how we get inside another human beings head to be able to give an absolute declaration about what their "favorites" are? Not sure it's cognitively possible. But that's just me.

The kids that have been gettin touches have been very productive.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:28 pm If the coaches continue to play favorites as opposed to playing the best 11 Ironton loses this one for certain. The secondary does not include the best 4 players and the o-line has a glaring weakness. Carpenter needs to see much more of #8, #15, and #22 at WR. He doesn’t seem to have much confidence in anyone to make a play other than #3 in their current starting receiving corps. Get the right kids on the field or come playoff time the early exit will be on the coach’s head.
This post sounds like a daddy. There’s lot of kids I see that need to prove themself. Even many of the ones you posted.
Not a daddy, just someone who has watched Ironton football for the last 40 plus years including at the Jr. High and JV level. The players I listed are far superior to some who are being utilized at this point. One specifically in the secondary has proven to be a liability giving up 2 tds through the air at Jackson and 1 last night. Again, the players I’ve listed and several more have proven themselves over the past 3 plus years. The ones getting the nod to start have proven nothing. On a side note, #4 did a really nice job blocking downfield last night. I’d like to see him get more looks but his route running needs to improve.

Rams
Waterboy

Post by Rams »

This is not the Johnson Central of the past 10 years. Lost entire offensive line from last year and running back got leg broke in fridays game.

sportphotos
JV Team

Post by sportphotos »

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:34 pm
Notice Aris Pittman got a couple looks against Fairland and made good work of them. Fast, athletic, 6ft3 kid. I look for him to figure in more and more as the season progresses.

As far as the "playing favorites" comment goes, I wouldn't begin to know how we get inside another human beings head to be able to give an absolute declaration about what their "favorites" are? Not sure it's cognitively possible. But that's just me.

Would you say, we have too many kids that need the ball and only 1 football?

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Rams wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:00 pm This is not the Johnson Central of the past 10 years. Lost entire offensive line from last year and running back got leg broke in fridays game.
I agree!

Lookiehere
Waterboy

Post by Lookiehere »

Could not disagree more. The secondary is improving week to week and the wide receivers appear to be making plays. Qb1 is settling in slowly but sure. And now the run game is getting revved up. I see good things this season

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 pm Anyone know what the admission will be to get in these games
I believe $20 for all 3 games, $10 for 1.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

TigerFella wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:30 pm
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:30 pm Anyone know what the admission will be to get in these games
I believe $20 for all 3 games, $10 for 1.

Yes ,that's what I seen too ,thanks

TigerFella
Riding the Bench

Post by TigerFella »

Hope to see our boys healthy this game, would like to see Felder and Tayden full strength. Arris should get a couple more looks, but Tayden def seems to only look for Perkins if he doesn’t immediately find his main option. Drops were an issue against Fairland. The secondary has been a little weaker with Felder hurt but Shaun Terry certainly improved more with experience.

Rams
Waterboy

Post by Rams »

If this was the JC of the last ten years I would pick JC in a heart beat but it’s not so I’ll go with the tigers in this one

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

TigerMania wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:41 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:34 pm

Would you say, we have too many kids that need the ball and only 1 football?
Nah. I'm mature and think more like a coach as opposed to a fan. Never enough. Most coaches response is "I want those kinda problems."

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Johnson Centrals star running back lost for the season.

Best wishes for the kid. Tough break.

Man say what you want about JC being d2, physically Irontons RB1 Jaquez Keys looks like a man against a boy next to this kid.

I think Ironton is gonna give JC every bit they want and then some.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220904-000242_Facebook.jpg

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ridiculous statement the coach is playing the players he needs to play to win.
As far as #3 he is the receiver the QB has confidence in and trust the rest will come as games come.
The Ironton O-line and D-line is young and improving and the secondary should be better and they will be as time goes they step up when needed.
This a talented Ironton team and unless you are in the coaches meetings film room and practices then your just blowing.
Not picking a fight but talk like this is why Rock Hill and other teams have trouble winning year in and out.
The fans don't know everything would you prefer we go back to pre Pendleton and and get beat by everyone ????????????

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

fielddaddy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:10 am
Ridiculous statement the coach is playing the players he needs to play to win.
As far as #3 he is the receiver the QB has confidence in and trust the rest will come as games come.
The Ironton O-line and D-line is young and improving and the secondary should be better and they will be as time goes they step up when needed.
This a talented Ironton team and unless you are in the coaches meetings film room and practices then your just blowing.
Not picking a fight but talk like this is why Rock Hill and other teams have trouble winning year in and out.
The fans don't know everything would you prefer we go back to pre Pendleton and and get beat by everyone ????????????
THIS!!! AGREE 1000% Exactly.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:06 am Johnson Centrals star running back lost for the season.

Best wishes for the kid. Tough break.

Man say what you want about JC being d2, physically Irontons RB1 Jaquez Keys looks like a man against a boy next to this kid.

I think Ironton is gonna give JC every bit they want and then some.
Prayers for this gentleman on a speedy and quick recovery!

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Regardless I believe this will be one of the most Physical games of the week. Ironton plays mistake free Football they can definitely win it. BUT... this game I believe will be VERY CLOSE.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

I think 12 has played very well in the slot.

Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

GoBigI wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:07 pm
Not a daddy, just someone who has watched Ironton football for the last 40 plus years including at the Jr. High and JV level. The players I listed are far superior to some who are being utilized at this point. One specifically in the secondary has proven to be a liability giving up 2 tds through the air at Jackson and 1 last night. Again, the players I’ve listed and several more have proven themselves over the past 3 plus years. The ones getting the nod to start have proven nothing. On a side note, #4 did a really nice job blocking downfield last night. I’d like to see him get more looks but his route running needs to improve.
I don’t like to attack kids individually, but I would prefer some of the ones you listed focus on locking down people in the secondary before asking for offensive touches.

Return to “Football”