Huntington 46 - 22 Northwest 2022

packers80
SE

Re: WK3: Northwest Vs. Huntington Ross

Post by packers80 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:09 pm Huge congrats to Huntington, players and staff.
Did not see this one coming. 😳
Yes. No disrespect to the Huntsmen, congrats, build from it.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Blue7401
Waterboy

Post by Blue7401 »

Inexcusable by NW but coming back down 24 m-0 to cut it to 2 was pretty impressive considering they had 3 starters on D out proved to be too much as HR just had there way in the ground all night

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I guess that's why they play the game. Huntington Ross had a good game plan, and dominated the ballgame.
#7 must of had 200 yards rushing.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I caught this game as I live in the TWP.

First game of any kind this fall.
NW looked like they were a little bigger and #1 looked like he was the best athlete on the field.
Every time I turned around the score was up another 8 for Huntington. 2nd half NW came out looking like they should have. Dominated the 3rd. We left as the 4yr old was ready but glad to hear they hung on and tacked on a couple more TDs.
I mean, Ed Yates is the coach. Shouldn’t we just expect that out of this guy? What a coach. Just gets the most out of his players no matter the sport.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:02 pm I guess that's why they play the game. Huntington Ross had a good game plan, and dominated the ballgame.
Texting with a Huntsmen alum tonight, he said Coach Yates has made several adjustments to his team in the past few weeks. Different starters at new positions etc. The number 7 you referred to is D.J. Crocker. He is the starting fullback now. Unofficially he rushed for 234 yards and 3 touchdowns tonight. I believe they have new starters at QB and some skill spots as well. So this version of the Huntsmen wasn't on the field against Circleville. Give Coach Yates a few weeks to figure things out and this is what you get. Not at all surprised.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

soggybottomtopper wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:29 pm
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:02 pm I guess that's why they play the game. Huntington Ross had a good game plan, and dominated the ballgame.
Texting with a Huntsmen alum tonight, he said Coach Yates has made several adjustments to his team in the past few weeks. Different starters at new positions etc. The number 7 you referred to is D.J. Crocker. He is the starting fullback now. Unofficially he rushed for 234 yards and 3 touchdowns tonight. I believe they have new starters at QB and some skill spots as well. So this version of the Huntsmen wasn't on the field against Circleville. Give Coach Yates a few weeks to figure things out and this is what you get. Not at all surprised.
Crocker is a beast and they have a very athletic freshman class, so I wonder if some of those are featured in the new spots.

Good win for the Huntsmen

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Huntington didn't see this one coming at all, especially given they just squeaked by Eastern Pike last week I kind of had Northwest pegged for a big win in this one. Glad to see I was wrong love to see some success out in Huntington

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Northwest. What a joke.

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

DJT47 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:04 am Northwest. What a joke.
No comment on the game or just a personal axe to grind?

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:18 pm I caught this game as I live in the TWP.

NW looked like they were a little bigger and #1 looked like he was the best athlete on the field.
Every time I turned around the score was up another 8 for Huntington. 2nd half NW came out looking like they should have. Dominated the 3rd. We left as the 4yr old was ready but glad to hear they hung on and tacked on a couple more TDs.
I mean, Ed Yates is the coach. Shouldn’t we just expect that out of this guy? What a coach. Just gets the most out of his players no matter the sport.
I've heard a lot of good things about coach Yates. I know he also coached baseball at Huntington. Has he coached anywhere else?

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Happy to see Huntington is getting things moving in the right direction.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:03 am
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:18 pm I caught this game as I live in the TWP.

I've heard a lot of good things about coach Yates. I know he also coached baseball at Huntington. Has he coached anywhere else?
He coached baseball at Adena for years and I believe had a few regional runs. Always good teams.
Takes the baseball job at Huntington a historically not very good team and wins a district title in his second year. Now the football coach too and just doing what he does! Nice to see. I do not know him at all. Couldn’t pick him out of a crowd

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

That is an upset anyway you look at - Coach Yates may be good but the players have to play. Going in it looked like Northwest would roll big. They did but in the wrong direction. I heard down one time by a score of 24 to 0. That is an extreme difference of the prediction. I have always thought Northwest needed to find a conference in between the level of SOC I and SOC II. I worry their numbers will fall off if they go back up. It was always said lower numbers of a school that big was due to the size if the school district but time in the SOCI and good numbers show it has more to do with W's and level of competition not square miles. Best of luck to NW going forward

SOCobserver
Waterboy

Post by SOCobserver »

Per coach Crabtree. "We were manhandled on the line".
"I dont know who scored" . So instead of taking the blame for a crappy game plan and not adjusting until halftime, he is laying it all on the kids.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Nice win for the Huntsman! Congrats

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Huntington-Ross winning Seasons:

1986: 7-3
1991: 6-4
1999: 7-3
2000: 6-4

They’ve had Football since 1973. It’s nice to see any school start to have success at football. Historically, the Huntsmen have been a basketball school.

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:34 am
MadeInRossCounty wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:03 am

He coached baseball at Adena for years and I believe had a few regional runs. Always good teams.
Takes the baseball job at Huntington a historically not very good team and wins a district title in his second year. Now the football coach too and just doing what he does! Nice to see. I do not know him at all. Couldn’t pick him out of a crowd
I believe Coach Yates took the Adena Warriors to the 2005 state championship game in baseball, among many regional runs. I saw some of those battles with Wheelersburg in the SE Districts. I want to say he coached football at Adena as well, but maybe not as the head coach.

Return to “Football”