Re: Fischer Catholic at Notre Dame

Post by formerfcfan »

🚮

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Notre Dame by 80; no ‘c’ in our name.

To clarify — “Notre Dame by 80” is rhetorical. ND will win comfortably.

FC has one main problem with two concurrent reinforcements of the same issue: they are very young. The average age of our position players comes out to 15. So everything this year is going to be growing pains for us. Our line was going to be in dire straits compared to last year, and from what I’ve been told they had to patch it up with two of the three upperclassmen who played skill positions and transition them into the interior — one of those two kids broke his hand. The second thing that makes matters even harder for FC, apparently, is their OC of the past three seasons had to take a reduced role this season due to a change of job, so they went from single wing-wingT variant to a whole new offense with drastically different personnel groupings and concepts.

Can’t really make a judgment if they’d have been better off with the old offense, or not, but, again, 10 of the 11 kids would be JV players in the SOC and TVC, so now the only primary viewing intrigue is to make sure the QB doesn’t die. Not exactly something I’m interested in driving ~4.5 hours round trip to watch, let alone passing up other good games to see.

It’s a long season. You take the highs with the lows. That’s life and that begets stronger appreciation for the highs. It’s only temporary. We have a solid group of kids and we have a great coach. Next year we’ll be better. Our special teams this year is pretty solid, however!

Good health to both teams.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Nd by 28

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ND walks away with this one

Itowntiger89
Waterboy

Post by Itowntiger89 »

Nd will cruise to a victory

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Should be ND by at least 50 but it won’t be. ND is pretty lost at the moment. Not the team that I thought would contend and possibly win the SOC. Hopefully they get it worked out this week with easy game but we will have to see.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:31 pm Should be ND by at least 50 but it won’t be. ND is pretty lost at the moment. Not the team that I thought would contend and possibly win the SOC. Hopefully they get it worked out this week with easy game but we will have to see.
There will be more kids moved to positions they haven’t even had practice time at in this game. Well, every game. What is the lates injury report. Are any players back for this one? Weak team so I am thinking so to get certain players numbers up.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

As far as I know no injuries, other than Metzler still being out for a few more weeks and Webb I would think would be back for this one.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:32 pm As far as I know no injuries, other than Metzler still being out for a few more weeks and Webb I would think would be back for this one.
This weak team will make Webb look like a star while the better QB is Cassidy.

Tee Higgins
Riding the Bench

Post by Tee Higgins »

ND takes this one comfortably.

There's three things in life that's certain: Death, taxes, and 85 will always be open.
sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

RelaxGoat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:22 am
BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:32 pm As far as I know no injuries, other than Metzler still being out for a few more weeks and Webb I would think would be back for this one.
This weak team will make Webb look like a star while the better QB is Cassidy.
I do agree with you on this one. I think Cassidy should be the QB. More athletic

QB SNEAK
Freshman Team

Post by QB SNEAK »

ND should have no problem. FC has a real play maker in #4 but for some reason he didn’t touch the ball as much as I thought he would against Green. He had some big plays then was basically forgot about for the next 10 plays.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

QB SNEAK wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:10 pm … FC has a real play maker in #4 but for some reason he didn’t touch the ball as much as I thought he would against Green. He had some big plays then was basically forgot about for the next 10 plays.
Thanks for the kind words. He’s a solid player, only a sophomore. I think the main problem is they don’t want to telegraph too much of what they’re doing (or trying to do) and probably also reduce some wear-and-tear on him. He should be a dude by the time he’s a senior.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Green blanked Fischer Catholic 40-0. The ND score will be a good measurement for the rest of the season.

ND 21
FC 18

And ND will be up by 21 at the half

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:19 pm Green blanked Fischer Catholic 40-0. The ND score will be a good measurement for the rest of the season.

ND 21
FC 18

And ND will be up by 21 at the half
Not so fast… How did that JV game go? Were there any injuries?
32 is a good number for varsity. I do not know if a JV game is worth the risk of injury to any of the 32.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Jv
ND 40 Green 14.
No injuries

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Awe… but it’s just a JV game the Bobcats will say.. The real team is the varsity.. even though they talk about how the young kids are making an impact? How many quarters you allowed between JV and Varsity. Is there even a rule as like in Basketball? Just curious cause I don’t know that rule?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

dirt_cinders wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:50 pm Jv
ND 40 Green 14.
No injuries
Yay! Someone else had to be coaching because they won.

Pathfinder278
Waterboy

Post by Pathfinder278 »

ND 7
FC 0 10:56 1st

Return to “Football”