Berne Union 26 Notre Dame 14 2022

Gray Cat
Varsity

Re: Berne Union 26 Notre Dame 14 2022

Post by Gray Cat »

Glad to see BU get this win. I hope they keep wining and the Cats get them in the first round of the playoffs. That would be a good way to ease into the post season.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:35 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:27 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:23 pm

That “cupcake” put two ND kids in the hospital a few years ago. Those coaches you talk about wanted it called at halftime in said game.
FC has been outscore 103-14 so don’t think we have to worry about that this year. And I would never brag about putting kids hospitals. Should be a cakewalk more than last year but have to see could be a close one too.. who knows with this ND team this year.
ND was shut out first half of last year’s game. Hard lead to hold onto when you’re overmatched and lose three key players before half.

“Cupcakes” are teams you schedule with the expectation that you win. ND doesn’t schedule those games. The two schools signed a 2-year for 19-20 (COVID banged the return trip down to ND) and renewed for 21-22. Very similar programs at the end of the day — one’s just having an aberration down year.
If I recall ND had two bad turnovers in the first quarter of that game last year. Both gave FC great field position that led to one td and one field goal. 10-0 mid way through the 1st quarter. After that FC only one maybe two first downs the entire game so the first 1/2 of the first quarter ND was not playing good ball the. The second half FC couldn’t stop us at all. So it’s not like FC was just beating us up and down the field until your “injuries” happened. And maybe when schedules we drawn up FC was not supposed to be a cupcake or easy game but it appears this year that it may just be the case if ND plays the way they are capable. And not like they have the second half of the last two games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BillyBob21 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:57 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:27 pm

FC has been outscore 103-14 so don’t think we have to worry about that this year. And I would never brag about putting kids hospitals. Should be a cakewalk more than last year but have to see could be a close one too.. who knows with this ND team this year.
ND was shut out first half of last year’s game. Hard lead to hold onto when you’re overmatched and lose three key players before half.

“Cupcakes” are teams you schedule with the expectation that you win. ND doesn’t schedule those games. The two schools signed a 2-year for 19-20 (COVID banged the return trip down to ND) and renewed for 21-22. Very similar programs at the end of the day — one’s just having an aberration down year.
If I recall ND had two bad turnovers in the first quarter of that game last year. Both gave FC great field position that led to one td and one field goal. 10-0 mid way through the 1st quarter. After that FC only one maybe two first downs the entire game so the first 1/2 of the first quarter ND was not playing good ball the. The second half FC couldn’t stop us at all. So it’s not like FC was just beating us up and down the field until your “injuries” happened. And maybe when schedules we drawn up FC was not supposed to be a cupcake or easy game but it appears this year that it may just be the case if ND plays the way they are capable. And not like they have the second half of the last two games.
“”Injuries”” — they lost the starting QB/FS, starting Center/Mike LB and starting SS by halftime. First drive of second half, on 4th and inches, the backup center snapped the ball off his keester, and it was curtains from that point on. I think ND would’ve won even if we stayed healthy, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking ND won despite their own screwups.

I like ND, respect the program but frankly you guys have acted like a major embarrassment to your school and the Diocese of Columbus these past few weeks. Especially with some of the weird jawing you folks are doing when your program is in the exact same boat that this week’s opponent is.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:19 pm
RelaxGoat wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:08 pm
BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:19 pm Too much daddy ball going on this year that you didn’t have last year period.. You also have kids giving half hearted efforts cause they know that no matter what I am not losing my spot unless I get injured so why take that chance.

When ND was on defense and BU called a timeout. And you see one dad coach is talking to his kid of to the side, another dad coach is talking to his kid further off to the side, the defensive line coach talking to only a couple of the defensive line, and the defensive backs coach talking to the his kids and the defensive coordinator basically talking to the kids that are on the bench because the guys playing are split up. How is that possible to get anything done or worked out on that time out. Even though I can somewhat understand why Ashley wants to be in the press box but it’s time for him to be on the sideline getting it back under control. One coach screaming and cussing at these kids to get in the right spots when the ball is about to be snapped.This kids don’t know if they should be coming or going. Too much nonsense on that sideline and the head boss needs to get back down there to put a stop to it.

So if you ask me it’s combination of the kids and coaches right now! Kids don’t have to take responsibility for their performance and some coaches not caring for and preparing the TEAM! Win as a TEAM and lose as a TEAM! I will cheer them on every game regardless of there record. I don’t hate these coaches and I darn sure don’t hate all these kids. But it sure painful to watch when this team should be pretty awesome. We will see if they get it back on track and maybe playing a cupcake this week will do that.
You are in for a long season. That is the ND’s staff in a nutshell. Ashes is the worst one doing all those things when he is on the sidelines.
Can they turn it around with a weaker opponent this week? Doubtful. The players probably took a tongue lashing the past two weeks about how bad they are.
I am shocked that the Titans are 0-2 right now and it sounds like a rocky ship. Hopefully the leaders can pull this team together and get the ship going in the right direction. If ND does not have a good season, then changes may need to happen but when the AD is apart of the staff then not sure what changes will happen. Maybe the kids need a new voice but only time will tell. I wish ND nothing but the best.
I believe a lot of people are shocked including the Titans themselves. But they seem very flat this this year compared to last year. It seems to me that they lack effort a lot of times. Walking back to the huddles, a few guys flying to the ball not 11, bad angles, no pass rush this year and I could go on. I can sit up in the stands and question certain play calls, defensive sets or anything else going on like a lot of people do but it also comes down to these kids have also got to want it! Because the coaches don’t miss tackle, walk on the field or even fumbles the ball. So some players need to step up and say enough is enough. If the seniors are not going to then the underclassman needs to.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

BillyBob21 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:19 pm Too much daddy ball going on this year that you didn’t have last year period.. You also have kids giving half hearted efforts cause they know that no matter what I am not losing my spot unless I get injured so why take that chance.

When ND was on defense and BU called a timeout. And you see one dad coach is talking to his kid of to the side, another dad coach is talking to his kid further off to the side, the defensive line coach talking to only a couple of the defensive line, and the defensive backs coach talking to the his kids and the defensive coordinator basically talking to the kids that are on the bench because the guys playing are split up. How is that possible to get anything done or worked out on that time out. Even though I can somewhat understand why Ashley wants to be in the press box but it’s time for him to be on the sideline getting it back under control. One coach screaming and cussing at these kids to get in the right spots when the ball is about to be snapped.This kids don’t know if they should be coming or going. Too much nonsense on that sideline and the head boss needs to get back down there to put a stop to it.

So if you ask me it’s combination of the kids and coaches right now! Kids don’t have to take responsibility for their performance and some coaches not caring for and preparing the TEAM! Win as a TEAM and lose as a TEAM! I will cheer them on every game regardless of there record. I don’t hate these coaches and I darn sure don’t hate all these kids. But it sure painful to watch when this team should be pretty awesome. We will see if they get it back on track and maybe playing a cupcake this week will do that.
You are in for a long season. That is the ND’s staff in a nutshell. Ashes is the worst one doing all those things when he is on the sidelines.
Can they turn it around with a weaker opponent this week? Doubtful. The players probably took a tongue lashing the past two weeks about how bad they are.
I am shocked that the Titans are 0-2 right now and it sounds like a rocky ship. Hopefully the leaders can pull this team together and get the ship going in the right direction. If ND does not have a good season, then changes may need to happen but when the AD is apart of the staff then not sure what changes will happen. Maybe the kids need a new voice but only time will tell. I wish ND nothing but the best.
“If ND does not have a good season, then things might need to change”. Good call, but 1 good season in what 6 years and no SOC titles in, how many? Things should have changed already. Now, like you said, the AD is part of the staff (even though I think he would be a good head coach if left to actually make decisions) and Ashley’s wife on the school board, I’d say ND is in for more of the same.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BillyBob21 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:20 pm

I believe a lot of people are shocked including the Titans themselves. But they seem very flat this this year compared to last year. It seems to me that they lack effort a lot of times. Walking back to the huddles, a few guys flying to the ball not 11, bad angles, no pass rush this year and I could go on. I can sit up in the stands and question certain play calls, defensive sets or anything else going on like a lot of people do but it also comes down to these kids have also got to want it! Because the coaches don’t miss tackle, walk on the field or even fumbles the ball. So some players need to step up and say enough is enough. If the seniors are not going to then the underclassman needs to.
The kids get hammered by the staff after losses. That is why there is a lack of effort. This happens year after year. The kids cannot always be the problem.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:07 am It’s as if ND is the Goldilocks of SEOPS scheduling discussion.

Too hard, too easy but never “just right.”
New AF that year. The QB for Greenup went to Marshall. Also, played a game 4 hours away. That ended up a mess getting beat bad. I believe 4 players were injured in that one.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:17 pm

“”Injuries”” — they lost the starting QB/FS, starting Center/Mike LB and starting SS by halftime. First drive of second half, on 4th and inches, the backup center snapped the ball off his keester, and it was curtains from that point on. I think ND would’ve won even if we stayed healthy, but let’s not kid ourselves into thinking ND won despite their own screwups.

I like ND, respect the program but frankly you guys have acted like a major embarrassment to your school and the Diocese of Columbus these past few weeks. Especially with some of the weird jawing you folks are doing when your program is in the exact same boat that this week’s opponent is.
I would save that staff has been for awhile an embarrassment to the school and Diocese of Columbus. You would think the Diocese would have done something by now.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

:D
RelaxGoat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:34 pm

I would save that staff has been for awhile an embarrassment to the school and Diocese of Columbus. You would think the Diocese would have done something by now.
You think the Diocese cares about Notre Dame's football program. That's hilarious.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

very much so

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Be that as it may, there’s a higher standard we owe to our schools when we post.

It’s one thing to air a singular grievance about a coach, but you and the cadre of ND posters keep beating the horse to a pulp. And for what? Better yet, to what end? Coaching at our schools is a service. Think anyone researching ND if the job were to open would think “hmmm this sounds like a nice place to coach with bountiful support for me and my staff” were they to read these posts?

There’s always a shifting target week-over-week: new complaints matched with stale spins of who is on the schedule. When ND is in their fourth year of an inked schedule playing a sister school of similar program caliber and situation, it’s some dumb crap getting crowed by the Johnny Come Lately ND posters about how they’re a “cupcake”… with even worse excuses on how they didn’t win a good game played by the two friends last year by a larger margin. Like playing a peer program is beneath ND. When the shoe’s on the other foot for ND, though, such as the 2019 season you people talk about how they shouldn’t have played the game to start with.

Maybe it’s easy for you ND folks to about-face every single waking moment of your program because, truth be told, you don’t give two [blanks] about consistency, fairness or humility — despite the fact those qualities serve as good representations of your kids, civil servants, community and school writ large. The only thing that matters is personal ego wrapped into a low-ceiling football program. Truly pathetic.

Postgame
Waterboy

Post by Postgame »

I personally haven’t seen lack of effort. They did seem flat last week, but I wouldn’t say lack of effort. That statement implies that kids don’t care about winning. That’s just ridiculous! Against CHCA I thought there was good effort the entire game and last week they played flat, except for the beginning of the third quarter.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:17 pm

Be that as it may, there’s a higher standard we owe to our schools when we post.

It’s one thing to air a singular grievance about a coach, but you and the cadre of ND posters keep beating the horse to a pulp. And for what? Better yet, to what end? Coaching at our schools is a service. Think anyone researching ND if the job were to open would think “hmmm this sounds like a nice place to coach with bountiful support for me and my staff” were they to read these posts?

There’s always a shifting target week-over-week: new complaints matched with stale spins of who is on the schedule. When ND is in their fourth year of an inked schedule playing a sister school of similar program caliber and situation, it’s some dumb crap getting crowed by the Johnny Come Lately ND posters about how they’re a “cupcake”… with even worse excuses on how they didn’t win a good game played by the two friends last year by a larger margin. Like playing a peer program is beneath ND. When the shoe’s on the other foot for ND, though, such as the 2019 season you people talk about how they shouldn’t have played the game to start with.

Maybe it’s easy for you ND folks to about-face every single waking moment of your program because, truth be told, you don’t give two [blanks] about consistency, fairness or humility — despite the fact those qualities serve as good representations of your kids, civil servants, community and school writ large. The only thing that matters is personal ego wrapped into a low-ceiling football program. Truly pathetic.
You would think the school would have done something about it by now. That coaching staff is pathetic. You are exactly right.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Postgame wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:37 pm

I personally haven’t seen lack of effort. They did seem flat last week, but I wouldn’t say lack of effort. That statement implies that kids don’t care about winning. That’s just ridiculous! Against CHCA I thought there was good effort the entire game and last week they played flat, except for the beginning of the third quarter.
They were probably flat from dehydration. Practicing all week in the heat of the day would have to take a toll. Then going into the locker room a getting berated by the coach for the knockout punch.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

BigBlueNation wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:46 pm :D

You think the Diocese cares about Notre Dame's football program. That's hilarious.
They do not? The parents should explore that avenue to see if they do.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Be it as it may, when something is broken and nobody will fix it all you can do is complain. As far as coaching being a service, the coaching staff, especially the head coach, is well paid, it’s compensation and bad reviews come with the job.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Be it as it may, when something is broken and nobody will fix it all you can do is complain. As far as coaching being a service, the coaching staff, especially the head coach, is well paid, it’s compensation and bad reviews come with the job.
If the coaches were held to a hirer standard, football fans, parents, and news people would not have to be.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

RelaxGoat wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:19 pm
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:13 pm

If the coaches were held to a higher standard, football fans, parents, and news people would not have to be.
Higher*

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Postgame wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:37 pm

I am not implying that the entire team is having lack of effort. Cause there are quite a few busting their tails. But if you watch close enough you will see one’s that are not giving the effort. Certain ones don’t get the ball, they don’t block. Some others don’t give much effort at all to block. On Defense you can see even more lack of effort. Diving at feet instead of coming up and sticking some one. Some others run past the ball carrier then stop and turn around and watch until the end of the play then walks back to the line… You can see it if you watching close enough it’s not hard to find them..

Return to “Football”