Ironton 29 Jackson 26 2022

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton@Jackson Week 2

Post by gobucs20 »

If Ironton plays up to their potential and handles their business they will handle Jackson. If not. Close gamer could go either way

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:23 pm I think Jackson will be the first team since Moeller last year to reach 20 points against Ironton and I think they get the win I say it will probably be 24-14 Jackson. If Ironton can find a rhythm on offense they can definitely win but last week's gameplan won't work I don't believe
Agree! This is extremely accurate. Last week's gameplan will result in a loss for Ironton. If Ironton can establish the run game early, then incorporate the pass, I feel like things will go a little bit more smoothly. But who knows, I am not a coach.

Still Tigers by 90

T-I-G-E-R-S
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Guessing around 9000 in the stadium tonight

BlackEagles1
Waterboy

Post by BlackEagles1 »

Is the game going to be live streamed?

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

BlackEagles1 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:15 am Is the game going to be live streamed?
Jackson home games are on their YouTube channel.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Should be a good one! Good luck to both teams! The better defense will win this one for sure. To me it comes down to irontons ability to contain Winters. Not that one guy could beat ironton but a good dual threat qb can be tough to account for defensively and sometimes the biggest plays of the game are simple qb scrambles for a 6-8 yd first down. One thing is for certain, if Ironton loses some of their fan base will question the play calling. Run heavy = no passing game. Pass 15+ times = need to just run the ball. Pendleton is 1 or 2 best coaches in our area with 3rd being ?? That isn’t even in the discussion for 1 or 2. IMO had he not come to town when he did the tiger ship would have sunk by now because it was sliding downhill fast. Rooting for OVC but hard to wrap my head around a DV school beating a DII team with a D1 signee at QB who has a solid team surrounding him and is a well coached team. Jackson can be a tough place to win a close game. Ironton is Gonna have to play extra clean and can’t afford turnovers. 2 teams still playing old school football and they consistently field great teams. No coincidence at all. Enjoy the game. Pads cracking, gotta love it.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Here it is. I think tonight will be a good marker to see how legit both of these teams are. I can’t wait.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:18 am If Ironton plays up to their potential and handles their business they will handle Jackson. If not. Close gamer could go either way

I don’t know about handle Jackson. They may catch a break. But if you think you are taking the Ironmen @home behind the wood shed. That’s not gonna happen. These kids are ready. They are the ones that spent the last 365 days with that bitter taste of the last play of the game to get beat by you guys in their mouth. They want that taste out NOW and they are ready to die tryin. Expect a WAR tonight Not rollin up 93N just like it’s any ol game

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

JChipwood wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 pm Should be a good one! Good luck to both teams! The better defense will win this one for sure. To me it comes down to irontons ability to contain Winters. Not that one guy could beat ironton but a good dual threat qb can be tough to account for defensively and sometimes the biggest plays of the game are simple qb scrambles for a 6-8 yd first down. One thing is for certain, if Ironton loses some of their fan base will question the play calling. Run heavy = no passing game. Pass 15+ times = need to just run the ball. Pendleton is 1 or 2 best coaches in our area with 3rd being ?? That isn’t even in the discussion for 1 or 2. IMO had he not come to town when he did the tiger ship would have sunk by now because it was sliding downhill fast. Rooting for OVC but hard to wrap my head around a DV school beating a DII team with a D1 signee at QB who has a solid team surrounding him and is a well coached team. Jackson can be a tough place to win a close game. Ironton is Gonna have to play extra clean and can’t afford turnovers. 2 teams still playing old school football and they consistently field great teams. No coincidence at all. Enjoy the game. Pads cracking, gotta love it.
Jackson is a D3 school, not a D2 school, correct?

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:23 pm
JChipwood wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:02 pm Should be a good one! Good luck to both teams! The better defense will win this one for sure. To me it comes down to irontons ability to contain Winters. Not that one guy could beat ironton but a good dual threat qb can be tough to account for defensively and sometimes the biggest plays of the game are simple qb scrambles for a 6-8 yd first down. One thing is for certain, if Ironton loses some of their fan base will question the play calling. Run heavy = no passing game. Pass 15+ times = need to just run the ball. Pendleton is 1 or 2 best coaches in our area with 3rd being ?? That isn’t even in the discussion for 1 or 2. IMO had he not come to town when he did the tiger ship would have sunk by now because it was sliding downhill fast. Rooting for OVC but hard to wrap my head around a DV school beating a DII team with a D1 signee at QB who has a solid team surrounding him and is a well coached team. Jackson can be a tough place to win a close game. Ironton is Gonna have to play extra clean and can’t afford turnovers. 2 teams still playing old school football and they consistently field great teams. No coincidence at all. Enjoy the game. Pads cracking, gotta love it.
Jackson is a D3 school, not a D2 school, correct?
Correct.

Ducks
Waterboy

Post by Ducks »

I see this game being 28-7 in irontons favor. I’m rooting for Jackson but I didn’t like what I saw vs Logan. Didn’t sustain drives enough and surely won’t against ironton. Better hope for the big play from Wolford.

Rumble78
Waterboy

Post by Rumble78 »

Ironton should win the game. Last week to this week will be a big improvement. If jackson can’t run the ball it will be a long night which I believe they can’t. Ironton will not give up the long plays. The only touchdown I see jackson scoring is off of good field position with a touchdown pass to Wolford out of the backfield. Ironton will score 3-4 touchdowns against this years Jackson defense. Prediction… Jackson 7 Ironton 28

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:11 pm Oh just for fun CalPreps
Ironton 21
Jackson 14
Have to wait and see what fantastic 50 puts this one as
Fantastic 50 has Ironton by 7 also. We’ll see if that’s accurate or not

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:18 am If Ironton plays up to their potential and handles their business they will handle Jackson. If not. Close gamer could go either way
That sounds like an excuse if you would happen to lose?

Burg grad 85
derbydawg
Waterboy

Post by derbydawg »

Jackson by 10

CharlieMurphy
Waterboy

Post by CharlieMurphy »

The senior laden o-line for Jackson needs to step up and win in the trenches tonight.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I haven’t seen either team this year, but I have a hard time believing anybody is “handling” anybody tonight. I love watching my little cheerleader as we travel to Johnstown, but I pray my signal is good so I can watch some of this one, too! This game is what it’s all about!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Mistakes will be a big part of this game. Good coaching can be talent.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Execution. Execution. Execution. Jackson will attack Irontons middle ( gut). Same ol story. Trenches. Turnovers. Limit unforced errors.

Ironton needs to simplify on offense and use the run as bread and butter. Be patient on offense. The big plays will come. Establish a rhythm first. Dont try to overthink or be too fancy.

On defense - gotta contain QB1 when he runs.

Ironton has a big speed advantage. Gotta use that and offset inexperienced line play by using some creativity. Shovel passes and also test Jackson speed to the edge. Carpenter has to throw a crisper/tighter ball. Last week his balls were wobbly and sloppy. He has to settle down.

Bailey Thacker watch tonight if things get tense. He's a big kid who is a legit dual threat.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

The rain is falling in Jackson. Unfortunately I think that favors the home team if it persists. Dont think it will though.
Last edited by THEEE_GAME on Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”