West Jefferson 49 Paint Valley 34 2022

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Re: Week 2: West Jeff. (0-1) @ Paint Valley (1-0)

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Looking forward to taking this one in person

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

WJ 22 PV 12 around halftime

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

WJ 49 PV 34 Final

WJfan4life
Freshman Team

Post by WJfan4life »

DJT47 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:34 am PV wins this game easier than one might think
i don't think so, but good luck to PV the rest of the season,

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

WJfan4life wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:57 pm WJ 49 PV 34 Final
Congratulations, and thanks for not embarrassing me after I've been saying you'll be a top 4 team in our region. I was feeling shaky after last week :D

WJOSUSteelers
Waterboy

Post by WJOSUSteelers »

The Paint Valley stadium is a beautiful setting for a high school football game.

At first glance, Paint Valley looked the part of a state caliber team: really good size and decent numbers. It looked like Paint Valley was the varsity and West Jeff was the JV. Paint Valley had way to many penalties, put the ball on the ground a couple of times (but never lost a fumble) and the special teams were beyond horrible: botched snap/hold on a PAT, a blocked punt and another punt that must have gone under the WJ players armpit.

West Jeff is small and not overly fast this year and depth appears to be a concern. Offense has some pop but running in short yardage will be difficult this season. The defense will need to improve a lot. Great job out of the WJ seniors to pull it together this week after a opening week loss to Urbana. No game will be easy for WJ this year, they will have to play mistake free and turn the ball over in order to have a chance at a w.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

WJOSUSteelers wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:55 pm The Paint Valley stadium is a beautiful setting for a high school football game.

At first glance, Paint Valley looked the part of a state caliber team: really good size and decent numbers. It looked like Paint Valley was the varsity and West Jeff was the JV. Paint Valley had way to many penalties, put the ball on the ground a couple of times (but never lost a fumble) and the special teams were beyond horrible: botched snap/hold on a PAT, a blocked punt and another punt that must have gone under the WJ players armpit.

West Jeff is small and not overly fast this year and depth appears to be a concern. Offense has some pop but running in short yardage will be difficult this season. The defense will need to improve a lot. Great job out of the WJ seniors to pull it together this week after a opening week loss to Urbana. No game will be easy for WJ this year, they will have to play mistake free and turn the ball over in order to have a chance at a w.
Absolutely I thought Paint Valley was really about to mount that great comeback as they stifled WJ on back to back trips to the redzone and no points, but just when it seemed momentum shifted WJ responded and finally put it away. Great game and good luck the rest of the way

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Was able to watch this one, and seems the sense of urgency was never there for Paint Valley, a lot of walking around. I understand they want to run the ball, but they need to add some more pass plays to the play book.They will have their hands full with a couple teams in the SVC if they don’t extend that playbook. Number 4 is a nice receiver. Good luck to both teams moving forward.

Return to “Football”