Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Runner00 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:18 pm

No allegations, just a few questions were asked. That caused significant meltdowns.

I doubt OHSAA will do much with this. Three kids transferring in from KY and WV schools (and a few from MS) means nothing to OHSAA even if those schools complain. The problem would be if Ohio schools start making noise about this to OHSAA. Specifically, if the OVC schools get upset. That can be a significant problem for Ironton.

Yes it could. I'm still curious as to why the whole Keyes family ended up in Ironton, then three of them get hired as assistant coaches and now those three are linked to a recruiting service.

SAF if you ask me!!!!
Who gives a sh*& thats the Fn way of the road. Change with the times, no one feels sorry for Wheelersburg.

You are right!!!Deleted the post

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 pm.
Keyes family has been in this area since Curtis who helps out coaching played at Marshall 2002-2006 they also have family who played at KCU and Kentucky state and stayed in this area after college so he had a lot of family here already it's not really that shady that people moved to an area where they already have friends and family if you ask me.

*MrFirstTake*
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:32 pm Correct he is a Fan not fans. Also as you just proved my point. Sonny said the exact opposite of what you claimed and quoted him saying he doesn't care and is Happy for the area kids likes beating Ironton just like in the playoffs .... Sonny just posted the actual rules and made Zero allegations..... I'm confused are you trying to prove me right or just more trolling?????
Yes. The allegations came from two others. One is called "burg fan" or burg grad or something, and the other was a self identified wheelersburg fan. So more than one ( singular) means fans.
I agree totally we are on the same page. Just call people out individually by name. I am a Burg fan. Big Time Burg fan. I enjoyed the game don't care at all about who is on Ironton's roster or how they got there. I want both teams to be good and I would rather see each team fight it out trading wins and losses like the last two games have been. It's Great Football!!!
I agree 1000%

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:32 pm Correct he is a Fan not fans. Also as you just proved my point. Sonny said the exact opposite of what you claimed and quoted him saying he doesn't care and is Happy for the area kids likes beating Ironton just like in the playoffs .... Sonny just posted the actual rules and made Zero allegations..... I'm confused are you trying to prove me right or just more trolling?????
Yes. The allegations came from two others. One is called "burg fan" or burg grad or something, and the other was a self identified wheelersburg fan. So more than one ( singular) means fans.
I agree totally we are on the same page. Just call people out individually by name. I am a Burg fan. Big Time Burg fan. I enjoyed the game don't care at all about who is on Ironton's roster or how they got there. I want both teams to be good and I would rather see each team fight it out trading wins and losses like the last two games have been. It's Great Football!!!
Refreshing to read from another Burg fan… answer the bell and step it up!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:02 pm
Keyes family has been in this area since Curtis who helps out coaching played at Marshall 2002-2006 they also have family who played at KCU and Kentucky state and stayed in this area after college so he had a lot of family here already it's not really that shady that people moved to an area where they already have friends and family if you ask me.

Thank you!!! Someone finally answered the question

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:31 pm

The 8th grade QB for Ironton the Edwards kid his dad played at Marshall same time as Keyes he was a RB at Marshall also James Houston played at Marshall with them as well and his son plays for Ashland blazer currently

*MrFirstTake*
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:38 pm

The 8th grade QB for Ironton the Edwards kid his dad played at Marshall same time as Keyes he was a RB at Marshall also James Houston played at Marshall with them as well and his son plays for Ashland blazer currently
Saw a little bit of the 8th grade game against Burg…he’s impressive (Edwards)

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

522Pirate wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:04 pm

His dad was a top 60 RB in the nation rated by rivals.com coming out of high school when he committed to marshall and was a very very good all around athlete

*MrFirstTake*
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:12 pm

Refreshing to read from another Burg fan… answer the bell and step it up!
That's how I look at it. Until OHSAA says Ironton doing something illegal, it's a non-issue. Burg going to have to work harder and keep stepping up to the challenge. And I think that realization started for Burg after the thrashing they took from Ironton Week 1 last season. Last 2 games have been even and expect more of the same again should they meet in the playoffs*

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

And the Edwards kids mom graduated from Ironton and went to marshall..

*MrFirstTake*
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Given this disclosure and clarity I think some apologies might be in order.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Nah I think it’s cool to question the behavior of a family and call their morals, ethics, and integrity into play because their kid plays on your favorite high school football team’s biggest rival. Totally normal behavior.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:35 pm Nah I think it’s cool to question the behavior of a family and call their morals, ethics, and integrity into play because their kid plays on your favorite high school football team’s biggest rival. Totally normal behavior.
The one guy got one thing right. Burg fans had a total meltdown.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

TigerBob wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:35 pm Nah I think it’s cool to question the behavior of a family and call their morals, ethics, and integrity into play because their kid plays on your favorite high school football team’s biggest rival. Totally normal behavior.

I shared this article in the Ironton/Jackson thread, but I wanted to share it here also because there is a relevant point. I also observed Wheelersburg fans suggesting resentment between native atheletes and transfers at Ironton.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/ ... bb2be.html

Pendleton addresses specifically how there is no resentment between the Ironton native atheletes and the transfer athleletes calling it seemless. Ironton is deep, diverse, talented, and united. When I read this article I wanted to make a point to share it to illustrate how much more evolved mentally these young kids are in comparison to many of the adults on this forum who have repeatedly suggested the hometown kids would resent the kids who transferred in. No surprise to me that once again the younger generation is just leaps and bound ahead in maturity than their regional elders. Kudos to these kids and this staff.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 pm

I shared this article in the Ironton/Jackson thread, but I wanted to share it here also because there is a relevant point. I also observed Wheelersburg fans suggesting resentment between native atheletes and transfers at Ironton.

Pendleton addresses specifically how there is no resentment between the Ironton native atheletes and the transfer athleletes calling it seemless. Ironton is deep, diverse, talented, and united. When I read this article I wanted to make a point to share it to illustrate how much more evolved mentally these young kids are in comparison to many of the adults on this forum who have repeatedly suggested the hometown kids would resent the kids who transferred in. No surprise to me that once again the younger generation is just leaps and bound ahead in maturity than their regional elders. Kudos to these kids and this staff.
LOL. Even if there was animosity, do you really think Pendleton would publicly acknowledge it. 🤦‍♂️

A transfer here and there is one thing, but if bringing in 3-4 per year becomes a regular practice, Ironton might face problems within their own conference; especially if those transfers come from within the conference. Leagues disband or teams get tossed out over transferring kids.

An extreme example of this is Moeller. Take a look at their schedule. They only play three teams in the Cincy area, and only because those three teams are in the GCL. Four teams are outside the state, and three from northern Ohio.

All of this despite plenty of top notch D1 and D2 teams in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. Problem is, a number of these schools have publicly stated that they will not schedule Moeller or other GCL schools. Simply don’t want to play against their own kids.

So the transfer game has many pluses for improving a team. But there are also serious consequences if the transferring gets carried away.

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:09 pm
His dad was a top 60 RB in the nation rated by rivals.com coming out of high school when he committed to marshall and was a very very good all around athlete
Edwards kid came to Ironton in 3rd grade. He played for the Ironton orange little league team and has developed into some athlete. Hes a great kid

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

“Ironton better watch out, or they will end up just like Moeller, one of the two or three most successful and most well known football programs in Ohio.”

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm

LOL. Even if there was animosity, do you really think Pendleton would publicly acknowledge it. 🤦‍♂️

A transfer here and there is one thing, but if bringing in 3-4 per year becomes a regular practice, Ironton might face problems within their own conference; especially if those transfers come from within the conference. Leagues disband or teams get tossed out over transferring kids.

An extreme example of this is Moeller. Take a look at their schedule. They only play three teams in the Cincy area, and only because those three teams are in the GCL. Four teams are outside the state, and three from northern Ohio.

All of this despite plenty of top notch D1 and D2 teams in the Cincinnati/Dayton area. Problem is, a number of these schools have publicly stated that they will not schedule Moeller or other GCL schools. Simply don’t want to play against their own kids.

So the transfer game has many pluses for improving a team. But there are also serious consequences if the transferring gets carried away.
The funny thing is most of the transfers from the whole Lutz era were from the local schools you speak of so what makes it any different now? Most of the kids who came all of the years Lutz coached were from Rock Hill Coal Grove South Point Ashland green Fairland they've always came from those places anybody in the know can tell you this 100 percent is the truth

*MrFirstTake*
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

MyBodyDifferent wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:51 am
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:34 pm

The funny thing is most of the transfers from the whole Lutz era were from the local schools you speak of so what makes it any different now? Most of the kids who came all of the years Lutz coached were from Rock Hill Coal Grove South Point Ashland green Fairland they've always came from those places anybody in the know can tell you this 100 percent is the truth
Ironton wasn’t in the same conference with any of those schools except Portsmouth. And back then, Ironton went through some conference turmoil. Look up defunct Ohio high school conferences.

Also consider this: next to Portsmouth, who is Ironton’s next major rival? It was Ashland. Always a big game, yet now they don’t play.

Look at Wheelersburg-Portsmouth. One kid transfer and a few tough years, and Portsmouth dropped Burg like a bag of dirt.

So this does happen.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:47 am “Ironton better watch out, or they will end up just like Moeller, one of the two or three most successful and most well known football programs in Ohio.”
Yeah, that’s not happening. They have the skill but not the team play to hang with the MAC schools.

Return to “Football”