Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Re: Ironton fans do not condone this type of behavior

Post by GalliaTribe »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:08 am
mattash wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:02 pm Going to work on it some.
boy did ya!
Yep, they hid all the recruiting stuff that was talked about Ironton on here? Wonder why? And why erase it?

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Sonny Weaver you definitely shook a tree they didn’t want shook. Now, they are trying to knock you down or stop you.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

Lol that's hilarious. You keyboard jock sniffers post things like that with no merit. Put up or shut up,call and report them see how far that will get you.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:47 am Sonny Weaver you definitely shook a tree they didn’t want shook. Now, they are trying to knock you down or stop you.
does seem that way. Not A Homer was the one who started all that, he's been quiet since too. Wonder if he got locked out or something?

I don't really care tbh. As a Burg fan, if they can get kids to D1 that's A) good for kids in our area and B) even more impressive when we beat them, like in the playoffs.

lol I literally just made an account bc no one would post the freaking OHSAA rules, just kept arguing about nonsense.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

I find it hilarious. They took it down. No one was slandered or had insulting pictures to go with it.

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

Taylormade wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:50 am Lol that's hilarious. You keyboard jock sniffers post things like that with no merit. Put up or shut up,call and report them see how far that will get you.
Then why take it down? Explain it

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

I didn't think what I said was controversial or inappropriate, idk. Glad Matt took down the stuff the from the one dude bragging about having multiple accounts and posting all the inappropriate stuff about Coach Miller tho.

So if my stuff had to go, at least that crap did too.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

lol, didn't want to do it this way. Wanted to keep it easy for everyone

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Carmen Ohio
Freshman Team

Post by Carmen Ohio »

Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:52 am
GalliaTribe wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:47 am Sonny Weaver you definitely shook a tree they didn’t want shook. Now, they are trying to knock you down or stop you.
does seem that way. Not A Homer was the one who started all that, he's been quiet since too. Wonder if he got locked out or something?

I don't really care tbh. As a Burg fan, if they can get kids to D1 that's A) good for kids in our area and B) even more impressive when we beat them, like in the playoffs.

lol I literally just made an account bc no one would post the freaking OHSAA rules, just kept arguing about nonsense.
"I don't really care but I'll keep bringing it up."

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Carmen Ohio wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:15 am
Sonny Weaver wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:52 am

"I don't really care but I'll keep bringing it up."
:roll:

was just surprised my posts were taken down, wasn't even discussing the issue any further. Literally said D1 offers for players is good for the kids in our area, stop being a troll.

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

I read the post in question, as well as read through some of the related activity and this is what I observed. Once a child is referred to as a recruit, rather than a transfer, it became an accusation, instead of a question. Then I seen ohssa rules copied and pasted, but there was no specific link made that supported the allegations. This is unfortunate all the way around. Yes the other contributor who was insulting a name was undesirable, however that post or posts did not render unfounded and unsupported allegations against a schools program, any student athelete ( child) as related, or that student athletes family as the term and accusation of recruit did. I also observed that the accusation was rendered repeatedly and began to really ramp up after the Wheelersburg loss to Ironton. I noticed also that this conduct was permitted without any check or instruction whatsoever until it became absurd with the other posts from the other person. Now I notice that it is passive aggressively being inferred yet again. I would really hope moving forward that the Wheelersburg fans could make an attempt to deal with loss and their programs shortcomings a bit more maturely. False or unfounded allegations at the high school level where children are essentially the focus, is in extremely poor taste. All involved need to do better including those who maintain this forum.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:18 am I read the post in question, as well as read through some of the related activity and this is what I observed. Once a child is referred to as a recruit, rather than a transfer, it became an accusation, instead of a question. Then I seen ohssa rules copied and pasted, but there was no specific link made that supported the allegations. This is unfortunate all the way around. Yes the other contributor who was insulting a name was undesirable, however that post or posts did not render unfounded and unsupported allegations against a schools program, any student athelete ( child) as related, or that student athletes family as the term and accusation of recruit did. I also observed that the accusation was rendered repeatedly and began to really ramp up after the Wheelersburg loss to Ironton. I noticed also that this conduct was permitted without any check or instruction whatsoever until it became absurd with the other posts from the other person. Now I notice that it is passive aggressively being inferred yet again. I would really hope moving forward that the Wheelersburg fans could make an attempt to deal with loss and their programs shortcomings a bit more maturely. False or unfounded allegations at the high school level where children are essentially the focus, is in extremely poor taste. All involved need to do better including those who maintain this forum.
I agree totally with you but there is a small problem I would like to point out for you. The line I enlarged above for you is also part of the problem and a perfect example of what you are complaining about. You are ASSUMING these comments are made by "Wheelersburg fans" and making a unfounded and unsupported accusation. You have no idea who the person who posted the OHSAA rules is or supports but YOU labeled him a Wheelersburg fan even when he has stated the opposite on here... but nice try keep up the subtle trolling ;)

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:09 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:18 am I read the post in question, as well as read through some of the related activity and this is what I observed. Once a child is referred to as a recruit, rather than a transfer, it became an accusation, instead of a question. Then I seen ohssa rules copied and pasted, but there was no specific link made that supported the allegations. This is unfortunate all the way around. Yes the other contributor who was insulting a name was undesirable, however that post or posts did not render unfounded and unsupported allegations against a schools program, any student athelete ( child) as related, or that student athletes family as the term and accusation of recruit did. I also observed that the accusation was rendered repeatedly and began to really ramp up after the Wheelersburg loss to Ironton. I noticed also that this conduct was permitted without any check or instruction whatsoever until it became absurd with the other posts from the other person. Now I notice that it is passive aggressively being inferred yet again. I would really hope moving forward that the Wheelersburg fans could make an attempt to deal with loss and their programs shortcomings a bit more maturely. False or unfounded allegations at the high school level where children are essentially the focus, is in extremely poor taste. All involved need to do better including those who maintain this forum.
I agree totally with you but there is a small problem I would like to point out for you. The line I enlarged above for you is also part of the problem and a perfect example of what you are complaining about. You are ASSUMING these comments are made by "Wheelersburg fans" and making a unfounded and unsupported accusation. You have no idea who the person who posted the OHSAA rules is or supports but YOU labeled him a Wheelersburg fan even when he has stated the opposite on here... but nice try keep up the subtle trolling ;)

"As a burg fan."
Attachments
Screenshot_20220825-124411_Chrome.jpg

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Correct he is a Fan not fans. Also as you just proved my point. Sonny said the exact opposite of what you claimed and quoted him saying he doesn't care and is Happy for the area kids likes beating Ironton just like in the playoffs .... Sonny just posted the actual rules and made Zero allegations..... I'm confused are you trying to prove me right or just more trolling?????

THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:32 pm Correct he is a Fan not fans. Also as you just proved my point. Sonny said the exact opposite of what you claimed and quoted him saying he doesn't care and is Happy for the area kids likes beating Ironton just like in the playoffs .... Sonny just posted the actual rules and made Zero allegations..... I'm confused are you trying to prove me right or just more trolling?????
Yes. The allegations came from two others. One is called "burg fan" or burg grad or something, and the other was a self identified wheelersburg fan. So more than one ( singular) means fans.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:50 pm
Blitz wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:32 pm Correct he is a Fan not fans. Also as you just proved my point. Sonny said the exact opposite of what you claimed and quoted him saying he doesn't care and is Happy for the area kids likes beating Ironton just like in the playoffs .... Sonny just posted the actual rules and made Zero allegations..... I'm confused are you trying to prove me right or just more trolling?????
Yes. The allegations came from two others. One is called "burg fan" or burg grad or something, and the other was a self identified wheelersburg fan. So more than one ( singular) means fans.

What is being alleged? That Ironton has three assistant coaches on the staff that run a recruiting service???? Nothing to assume there.

It's up to the OHSAA to rule if that is against there bylaws or not. If not then it is what it is. You will probably see a lot more teams hiring guys that run a recruiting service to help draw kids in

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:07 pm

What is being alleged? That Ironton has three assistant coaches on the staff that run a recruiting service???? Nothing to assume there.

It's up to the OHSAA to rule if that is against there bylaws or not. If not then it is what it is. You will probably see a lot more teams hiring guys that run a recruiting service to help draw kids in
No allegations, just a few questions were asked. That caused significant meltdowns.

I doubt OHSAA will do much with this. Three kids transferring in from KY and WV schools (and a few from MS) means nothing to OHSAA even if those schools complain. The problem would be if Ohio schools start making noise about this to OHSAA. Specifically, if the OVC schools get upset. That can be a significant problem for Ironton.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:32 pm
RBH23 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:07 pm

No allegations, just a few questions were asked. That caused significant meltdowns.

I doubt OHSAA will do much with this. Three kids transferring in from KY and WV schools (and a few from MS) means nothing to OHSAA even if those schools complain. The problem would be if Ohio schools start making noise about this to OHSAA. Specifically, if the OVC schools get upset. That can be a significant problem for Ironton.

Yes it could. I'm still curious as to why the whole Keyes family ended up in Ironton, then three of them get hired as assistant coaches and now those three are linked to a recruiting service.

SAF if you ask me!!!!
Who gives a sh*& thats the Fn way of the road. Change with the times, no one feels sorry for Wheelersburg.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I agree totally we are on the same page. Just call people out individually by name. I am a Burg fan. Big Time Burg fan. I enjoyed the game don't care at all about who is on Ironton's roster or how they got there. I want both teams to be good and I would rather see each team fight it out trading wins and losses like the last two games have been. It's Great Football!!!

Return to “Football”