Portsmouth West 34 Portsmouth 7 2022

SiderBlood
All Conference

Re: West at PHS week 2. 2022.

Post by SiderBlood »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:37 pm There are so many factors in this game. PHS can’t stop the run. West can’t cover the receivers. So I think it comes down to this, can West run all night? The Seisel kid is a work horse bit can he go all game? PHS has 3 outstanding WE’s and throw to the RB out of the backfield. I’m thinking high scoring and PHS can’t make the mental mistakes they made last week. I’ve also been hearing a lot of “west should have won that game” if so, what went wrong?

PHS 42
West 34
We fumbled a punt on the 2, easy 7. Gave up a 50 yard pass for 7. Missed an extra point. That was the highlights for Fairland. I dont like to play ifs and buts, so they won. They never sustained a drive

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

This should be a good one. Can West rebound from a tough loss? Can the Trojans keep winning big games? Too close to call for me.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree goat, this one is a tough one for me. I can see either team winning. Portsmouth has speed and good hands on the outside. West will be ready and will run the ball hard. Will be a good one.

Mox
Waterboy

Post by Mox »

I can see West rebounding and getting that nasty taste out of there mouth this week. West by 2 scores in this one

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

SiderBlood wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:22 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:37 pm There are so many factors in this game. PHS can’t stop the run. West can’t cover the receivers. So I think it comes down to this, can West run all night? The Seisel kid is a work horse bit can he go all game? PHS has 3 outstanding WE’s and throw to the RB out of the backfield. I’m thinking high scoring and PHS can’t make the mental mistakes they made last week. I’ve also been hearing a lot of “west should have won that game” if so, what went wrong?

PHS 42
West 34
We fumbled a punt on the 2, easy 7. Gave up a 50 yard pass for 7. Missed an extra point. That was the highlights for Fairland. I dont like to play ifs and buts, so they won. They never sustained a drive
Totally agree with you, not making excuses, but mostly “they won”. So, that being said, West has something to fix. Let’s hope they do! I don’t have Siderblood, but I’m a Sider Fan!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Trojan Explosion by 10. Gonna be a real good game.

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

TG needs this win, or the natives are going to get a little itchy. Seat could be getting hot. Go West.

Hitmhard
Waterboy

Post by Hitmhard »

35-28 Portsmouth

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Runner00 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:27 pm TG needs this win, or the natives are going to get a little itchy. Seat could be getting hot. Go West.
I think TG is a great guy, but its not a very strong staff at all outside of Irwin. I think he will be a head coach in the next 2-3 years. He’s still unproven, but shows some real promise.

WWE HALL OF FAME
thebestever1
Waterboy

Post by thebestever1 »

I think I got Portsmouth winning this game but should be a shootout. Portsmouth’s front need to slow Sissel down or he’s gonna tear them apart all night. Forcing Irwin to make a play with his decision making could lead to many turnovers for PHS. Duncan showed against Valley that when he gets his confidence and starts connecting with guys like Lattimore, Pendleton, Heiland, and Jayden Duncan, they’re a hard offense to stop. Just have to protect him up front and continue from what they did against Valley. I’ll be at this game at Trojan Coliseum and it should be a full house. 35-22 PHS

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Trojans!!

MeanJoeGreene
Riding the Bench

Post by MeanJoeGreene »

I dont see the secondary of West hanging with the speedy Portsmouth receiving core. Portsmouth should win this game but they need to clean up silly penalties and tighten up on the defensive side. Should be a very entertaining game.

Sportsjunky19
Waterboy

Post by Sportsjunky19 »

If West wins the battle upfront, they’ll ride Sissel all night long. I look for West to bounce back this week. 35-28

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

If West can give their corners some help over the top I think they will be fine this week. Valley often left their corners on islands and often they were biting on the double moves and it cost them.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

This is a great example of how a thread about a high school football game should be discussed. No accusations of this and that, no disrespect of the other team, and logical explanations as to who the posters think will win.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

GAME DAY!!

GO TROJANS!!

Only thing better then high school 🏈 is high school 🏀

Jrpurdy
Waterboy

Post by Jrpurdy »

Any live stream this week?

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Game day ! This is an under rated rivalry in my opinion. This game was huge when I played. I would love to see a a traveling trophy be introduced. The River Rivalry. Either West comes out and proves the hype was real or this is going to be disappointing. The seat is gonna get hot in West Portsmouth. I'm gonna be optimistic and say this senior lead team will get it done. I'm going West 40-24

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Post by MrPerfect »

Jrpurdy wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:01 pm Any live stream this week?
Try SOSAOhio.com or SOSA on Facebook

WWE HALL OF FAME
JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

trojandave wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:22 pm This is a great example of how a thread about a high school football game should be discussed. No accusations of this and that, no disrespect of the other team, and logical explanations as to who the posters think will win.
Well said TD. Very well said. Kudos guys!!

Return to “Football”