2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: 2022 SOC1 & SOC2 Predictions

Post by Crab's Brother »

Name the names.

You the answers. Tell me. I want to know how you improve the line. You haven't been clear at all.

You would "make the line better". What small athletic kid is riding the pine at ND that should be playing tailback? You would move I am guessing Hart to the offensive line?

You have the answers....Let's hear them.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:48 pm Spell it out.

I would love to know who is playing offensive line at ND that would be a better carrying the football than the kids that are now.

Please....Spell it out.
I think you are a lost ball in high weeds. Games are won in the trenches. I am saying make the line better. Move small athletic off the bench to running back. Is that spelling it out clear enough for you?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

How does that help the line? Are you adding anyone to the line? The running back who is bigger, stronger, more athletic? Move him to line, to a position he has never played? I'd rather have the best athlete be able to create plays and not have to rely on the questionable line. So adding one kid to the line is going to magically make them that much better?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

transplant wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:08 pm How does that help the line? Are you adding anyone to the line? The running back who is bigger, stronger, more athletic? Move him to line, to a position he has never played? I'd rather have the best athlete be able to create plays and not have to rely on the questionable line. So adding one kid to the line is going to magically make them that much better?
Well Mr that is what they are doing. And they are also losing with the current questionable line. Underclassmen skilled players play those positions. Upperclassmen who are bigger and stronger block for them. That was a tough one to figure out wasn’t it?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Lost one game so far and sounds like it wouldn't have mattered who was on the line that night, they were gonna get beat. So upperclassman on the line, underclassman in the skill positions, then switch again in a few years? Wonder why other teams don't do this.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

They were in the game the whole first half. Until conditioning matters in the second half and ND was worn out. Other teams at bigger schools have more players. Can you follow the conversation?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

transplant wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:26 pm Lost one game so far and sounds like it wouldn't have mattered who was on the line that night, they were gonna get beat. So upperclassman on the line, underclassman in the skill positions, then switch again in a few years? Wonder why other teams don't do this.
I think you are a lost ball in high weeds. Games are won in the trenches. I am saying make the line better. Move small athletic off the bench to running back. Is that spelling it out clear enough for you?
Switching every year? Why not if it needs to happen. Are you trying to win or not?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

So it is conditioning or needing upperclassman on the line? Yeah, I can follow the conversation. Just not sure I understand your fixes for the team, and that's fine, I'm not here to argue. I think ND does what they can with the number of kids they have and if you think you can do better, apply for the job next year. Not sure what else to say really.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

transplant wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:39 pm So it is conditioning or needing upperclassman on the line? Yeah, I can follow the conversation. Just not sure I understand your fixes for the team, and that's fine, I'm not here to argue. I think ND does what they can with the number of kids they have and if you think you can do better, apply for the job next year. Not sure what else to say really.
ND will never improve when people makes excuses for the losing. Go with a new staff. Do whatever it takes to improve. I am not sure why people settle for the status quo. Losing year after year in the SOC with for the most part against the same school.

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Really early but I think the SOC II runs through the Burg. I think they have to get a better passing game going in order for this to happen. For the SOC I, I think it depends on how long Webb and Metzler are out. If they return quickly or at the beginning of conference play than I think Titans can win the conference. It will come down to ND, NW, or SV. May see a tri league champion because all 3 are capable of beating each other.

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

RelaxGoat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:00 pm

I would love to know who is playing offensive line at ND that would be a better carrying the football than the kids that are now.

Please....Spell it out.
Starting on the line for ND is
QT Dom Sparks 6’7” 235lbs
QG Brock Shepherd 5’7” 154lbs
C Jake Edwards 6’2” 230lbs
SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs
ST Kaden Hadsell 6’3” 210lbs
TE Carter Cambell 6’3” 195lbs

Small and quick guard that are hard nosed and pull on about every play. Big guys at the other positions. None of those guys are skilled to run the ball other than Campbell. No one on the bench is good enough to carry the ball to replace any of the current skilled guys.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Leviticus wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:14 pm

Please....Spell it out.
SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

Small and quick guard that are hard nosed and pull on about every play. Big guys at the other positions. None of those guys are skilled to run the ball other than Campbell. No one on the bench is good enough to carry the ball to replace any of the current skilled guys.
Thanks for posting this the other guy was to worried to put names and sizes next to the players because it undermined his "argument". It's more of just a vendetta against ND staff yet he continues to go to the games so that tells you everything you need to know right there.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Yup

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

greygoose wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:21 pm

SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

Thanks for posting this the other guy was to worried to put names and sizes next to the players because it undermined his "argument". It's more of just a vendetta against ND staff yet he continues to go to the games so that tells you everything you need to know right there.
By the way he said all the older guys are in the backfield and younger guys on the line.

QT - Sparks SR
QG - Shepherd JR
C - Edwards JR
SG - Ball SR
ST - Hadsell SO
TE - Campbell SR

sportsfan2244
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan2244 »

Please....Spell it out.
SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

Exactly what I’ve been saying, the offense the Titans run fits their personnel with not having a big line.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

I believe the freshmen class is a strong class. Luke Cassidy and Landon Barbarits are athletes. Put those two athletes on the field.
Skilled positions are usually athletic, or do you want to argue that point too. Move two of them to the line replacing the 5’7 lineman and one that isn’t as athletic.
This line, if those are true heights and weights, could play with a D4 team. I do not understand why this staff has such an excuse making groupie followering. Do you not want a winning program?

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Leviticus wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:46 pm

SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

By the way he said all the older guys are in the backfield and younger guys on the line.

QT - Sparks SR
QG - Shepherd JR
C - Edwards JR
SG - Ball SR
ST - Hadsell SO
TE - Campbell SR
I do not believe I said that. The team you just so eloquently described just lost with that size and upperclassmen. I mean I think you are making my case for me. The staff is the only thing left to be the problem. There are better athletes in that freshmen class.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

sportsfan2244 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:05 pm

SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

Small and quick guard that are hard nosed and pull on about every play. Big guys at the other positions. None of those guys are skilled to run the ball other than Campbell. No one on the bench is good enough to carry the ball to replace any of the current skilled guys.I

Exactly what I’ve been saying, the offense the Titans run fits their personnel with not having a big line.
Does Valley have a bigger line? What offense do they run?

Leviticus
Riding the Bench

Post by Leviticus »

RelaxGoat wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:33 am

SG John Ball 6’0” 180lbs

I believe the freshmen class is a strong class. Luke Cassidy and Landon Barbarits are athletes. Put those two athletes on the field.
Skilled positions are usually athletic, or do you want to argue that point too. Move two of them to the line replacing the 5’7 lineman and one that isn’t as athletic.
This line, if those are true heights and weights, could play with a D4 team. I do not understand why this staff has such an excuse making groupie followering. Do you not want a winning program?
Barbarits and Cassidy are on the field, they played both ways the entire game. Which skilled guys are not athletic? The line did play with a D4 team, ND ran for over 300 yds. Offense wasn’t the problem. After some key injuries 10 kids played both ways. At times there were 6-7 freshman & sophomore on defense, all LBs & DBs. Playing a team with 53 kids on the sideline they were able to stay fresher and NDs inexperienced secondary struggled.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

I didn’t say the skilled players were not athletic. Again same old excuses. ND has won against West and other bigger schools playing kids both ways. Is this a young team? Or is this an upperclassmen team? You are all over the place. Excuse making requires this. One thing that is a constant is that horrible coaching and conditioning staff. We will let the season speak for itself. What isn’t Manchester on the schedule? Oh, problems they have with ND’s coaching staff.

Return to “Football”