Waverly vs. Johnstown

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Waverly vs. Johnstown

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I know Johnstown has a great program historically, but what do they have this year? The Tigers were on the ropes last week, but utilized some mistakes made by Miami Trace to steal one. I wouldn't expect an experienced winner like Johnstown to be so charitable. Do the Tigers have a chance on the road?

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Waverly vs. Johnstown

Post by greygoose »

No idea what Johnstown is returning they took it on the chin last week against Licking Heights, they could be on a downward swing I think I'll take Waverly by 14.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Waverly by 13

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Will be interested to see how the Tigers come out to start this one after last week. They seem to have grown up some before our eyes throughout that MT game, being down like they were but still being able to keep fighting says a lot about this program IMO. Especially being as young as they are in some areas.

Johnstown isn’t at that standard that they have been historically. The Tigers have an opportunity to go 2-0.

From some highlights I have seen, seems like Johnstown likes to run the ball with the QB and likes to get him outside the pocket with rollouts. He’s not an easy bring down.

I think Waverly will obviously look to come out and rely on the run first and foremost. But I think they will still take their shots and see if they can get M. Kelly in a rhythm, if anything to help out their run. I thought M. Kelly played pretty good last week considering how things were going at times, I believe this is another week for him to be able to sling a few more tds if that run game is going strong.

This will be a very long bus ride for the Tigers and first week back to school. So hopefully those don’t effect anybody too much.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Have to come out ready to play, cannot spot a 20 point lead again to another tea. I do like our chances I’ll say Waverly by 11

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Gut feelings are your guardian angels

Return to “Football”