Portsmouth 42 Valley 28 2022

coop
SEOPS

Re: Week 1: Portsmouth @ Valley Thursday Night Under the Lights.

Post by coop »

From what I’ve seen (Twitter/pics/videos/etc) and that I’ve heard, there is a serious renewed energy in Lucasville. From the facilities, to the amazing staff Coach has put together, to the midnight madness…the list goes one. Valley is doing all the right things and I think you’ll start to see those results on the field as the seasons progress.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

As far as the game goes…I like the Indians In a close one, I hope it’s live streamed.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I think the Trojans can definitely win this game. Valley has athletes, not sure they have enough to contain all the weapons the Trojans have. Get the ball out of Duncan’s hands quick and into the likes of Pendleton, Duncan, Heiland and Lattimore.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

The midnight madness was cool to see was that the first one valley has done?

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Phs 24-22

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I'll take Valley.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Sounds like PHS' cupboard is not empty from their showing against Waverly. This should be a good one. Valley is mixing some young guys in with the upperclassmen and everyone looked full effort Friday. This game will be entertaining, It seems like forever since the Trojans have made the trip to Lucasville. I will catch this game Thursday and find another one on Friday, any suggestions?

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Game week!

Who Dey!
LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Drew Roe May be gone but they still have Devon Lattimore waiting to take southern Ohio by storm!!!

Valley has the pieces for a nice run as well! I think both teams will represent southern Ohio well this year!

Good Luck to both teams!

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I guess George Arnett is the QB for Valkey and not Carter Nickel. My apologies for being wrong in the initial write up.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:00 am I guess George Arnett is the QB for Valkey and not Carter Nickel. My apologies for being wrong in the initial write up.
No reason to apologize even valley fans was surprised by that. Arnett was really dynamic and a huge threat to run the ball. Or the best arm but looked good enough. But nickel shocked me at how good he was at receiver. It’s a gamble to switch positions like that when nickel been starting for 2 years at qb but maybe it gives them the best chance to win. Someone at the scrimmage said they thought it might have something to do with nickel playing baseball but I kinda doubt that.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I think it gives them a better chance to win. Both are great athletes, putting Nickel at receiver gives them more options than Arnett at running back. I don't think Arnett will be asked to throw the ball all over the field or throw deep balls. Just throw enough and well enough to keep the defense honest and open up some running lanes for himself when the time comes. If Valley's top players can stay healthy all season, they will win some ball games.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:55 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:00 am I guess George Arnett is the QB for Valkey and not Carter Nickel. My apologies for being wrong in the initial write up.
No reason to apologize even valley fans was surprised by that. Arnett was really dynamic and a huge threat to run the ball. Or the best arm but looked good enough. But nickel shocked me at how good he was at receiver. It’s a gamble to switch positions like that when nickel been starting for 2 years at qb but maybe it gives them the best chance to win. Someone at the scrimmage said they thought it might have something to do with nickel playing baseball but I kinda doubt that.
Not a surprise as the switch was made at the end of last season. Arnett finished the season at quarterback last year. The switch because Nickel plays baseball? Arnett is probably one of the only two kids that plays more baseball than Nickel. I love how people come up with stuff at times.

As for the game, it will come down Valley not turning the ball over and making Portsmouth put drives together. If Valley is slopping with the ball and misses tackles that lead to big plays for the Trojans, they will struggle to win. I do think Valley's advantage up front will be the difference. I think Portsmouth may struggle to get enough stops.

Valley 28
Portsmouth 21

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck Trojans

IrontonTigers#1
Freshman Team

Post by IrontonTigers#1 »

Portsmouth

Go Ironton Fighting Tigers, GoTexas Longhorns
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Portsmouth will need to win the battle at the los to win this game. Maybe they’ll wear the big guys of Valley down. If not I think Valley wins this game.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

I'll take the Crabtree indians in this one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

One day until kick off! I am curious to see how much Valley has changed their game plan with the new coaches.

callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

Valley used to stream there home games and they did a good job. Are they doing the games this year?

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Just curious, did Valley have the same 5 kids on their O line last year?

Return to “Football”