Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy Bluedevils 2022

Post by svac83 »

Geronimo wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:58 pm The truth behind that is back in the day they would not change the name to Holzer field was one reason !!!
There is no truth to that. There weee naming rights to field holzer basically agreed to donate 500k. By the time school
Was being built holzer went into financial distress and no longer had the funds

There is room for the stadium and field right where track was built.
Everything that is built there the soccer field, track, baseball and softball field is do to donations over 2 million dollars.

The gym is a requirement for physical education so it could be included in school

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I know the name was part of it!!! Memorial Field some bad blood also.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Just put it this way Odie O'donnell pass in 2008 PA announcer at Memorial for 40 years told me it be 20 years or longer before a new field would be in place other things was said why the location and name was part of it.
Last edited by Geronimo on Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

He was The Voice of the Big Blue Machine also!!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea but every funding model I have seen for stadium since new school was being built. Has naming rights involved under donations. If you donate so much you name the stadium, so much and you get to name field so much names press box sane for locker room.

Now what happened before like before 2010 I do not know. They also had money from bob evans then the sausage plant closed down and that money. Basically the money dryied up before the levy to build the new school got passed.

Or at least that appears to be the case since like 2010 or 2011

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Trust me there are still people mad that the new high school was not built in town.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

83 that is much so true!!! One spot was at the Old golf course was where the church was built .

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Born and raised in Gallipolis. Like most people in my age bracket, I left southeast Ohio over 15 years ago to create a better life for myself. However, I do still try to support my alma mater from afar and in person if I'm in town visiting family. I'll be honest though. I wasn't the biggest fan of the new location for the high school. Centenary is not Gallipolis. I remember as a kid walking a few blocks to school and practice every day. That is obviously no longer possible at the current location. Does it hurt with getting the kids that live in town out for sports? I have no idea. I'm too far removed from Gallipolis and all that encompasses the town. I'll just say once again that I wasn't the biggest fan of the move.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Interesting……

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 pm Well the comment about the Staduim folks was absolutely ZERO intents of gettin something started about the coach/the staff/the program.

As a bitter hatred rival towards you for many SEOAL championships. I hope nothing but the best for the program due to the respect it made me have towards it when I was a player.

All I was saying. Is. That you guys have an Absloutly Beautiful school / campus / etc.

It just blows my mind that what’s there is there and the tradition rich GA Football Program did not get a brand new facility to go with it.

Like I said. I hope nothing for the best for the program and a new Staduim is built soon.

Cause we would enjoy kickin your guys A$$ again.
Oh, how quickly they forget.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:02 pm
countywide35 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 pm Well the comment about the Staduim folks was absolutely ZERO intents of gettin something started about the coach/the staff/the program.

As a bitter hatred rival towards you for many SEOAL championships. I hope nothing but the best for the program due to the respect it made me have towards it when I was a player.

All I was saying. Is. That you guys have an Absloutly Beautiful school / campus / etc.

It just blows my mind that what’s there is there and the tradition rich GA Football Program did not get a brand new facility to go with it.

Like I said. I hope nothing for the best for the program and a new Staduim is built soon.

Cause we would enjoy kickin your guys A$$ again.
Oh, how quickly they forget.

Ha

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

One story I have heard from a former coach that served the program for over 20 years was around the completion of the new school and after her husband Bob's death, Jewell Evans was set to make a $500,000 donation, but the Alumni president at the time told her not to go through with it and instead that if she gave about $500 "they would be happy". It most definitely has to do with the traditionalists wanting to keep the field right where it is.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I believe it but crazy !!!this goes way back.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

In reality, what would be the point in building a new football field? The current stands are never close to filled on either side of field. I know that some say parking is an issue, but it really isn't if you are willing to walk a few blocks.
It is sad, but interest in football in Gallipolis has been declining in recent years. I am hopeful however that with the re-organized youth program now in place, the interest will pick back up.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:19 am In reality, what would be the point in building a new football field? The current stands are never close to filled on either side of field. I know that some say parking is an issue, but it really isn't if you are willing to walk a few blocks.
It is sad, but interest in football in Gallipolis has been declining in recent years. I am hopeful however that with the re-organized youth program now in place, the interest will pick back up.
I think school enrollment size has something to do with this as in. There just isnt as many kids participating in band or football so less parents in stands. But this isn't only the case at Gallia, ironton doesn't bring nearly the crowd they used to bring. Same is true for what i would call the gate games of point pleasant and meigs. going to a Friday night football game is not necessarily something you have to do anymore.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Flood water!!! Keep the water out how build a wall ? that Creek water is not healthy at all !!! Soccer is taking over,plus don't like to say it but politics plays a part in football plus the youth program also needs a face lift.not all the coaches but some as long as little who ever gets to play.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Blizzardman-I was told the same thing back in 2018. You even mention that the facilities at River Valley and South Gallia are nicer you it is like you are crazy. The truth is the only thing Memorial Field has on them is seating capacity.

Yea I maybe a little prejudice but you either change or fall behind. I actually had one of the top officials in SE Ohio tell me his crew refuses to work a game at Memorial Field because of the conditions of the field towards the end of the season.

I do believe “The Bob” Is the best high school baseball field in Southeastern Ohio. Don’t the kids deserve something like it in football, the Bell Cow Athletic program for GA?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

GA does need a new stadium.

Pat
Varsity

Post by Pat »

Geronimo wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:10 am GA does need a new stadium.
Yes, and turf. I think NY would love to play them if they had turf.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:04 am He was The Voice of the Big Blue Machine also!!!
And a great Chieftain!!!!!

Return to “Football”