Paul Culver

91raider97bobcat
JV Team

Paul Culver

Post by 91raider97bobcat »

Long time Sheridan coach Paul Culver passed last night after a battle with the dreaded "C" word.

Anyone who knows anything about football in southeast Ohio knows the impact he had...basically building that program from the ground up.

Personally, I never recall meeting him. I do remember having him on our Saturday morning coaches show on our stations one time -- even though Sheridan isn't in our primary coverage area. That was many years ago when I was just a Saturday morning board op.

RIP Coach.

Attack
Freshman Team

Re: Paul Culver

Post by Attack »

Hate to hear this. Not only did Coach Culver build the Sheridan program, but he did the same for the Trimble program before that. It was an honor to play for him. RIP Coach Culver. You will be missed by many.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Absolute legend.

Class program. Class school. Class community.

Amazing what he built - and with his son taking over that is usually a hard transition but the foundation was so solid they made it look easy.

Prayers and peace to the Culver family and the Sheridan community.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I'm sorry to hear about this. Paul was a true innovator and was largely responsible for the success of many coaches who worked under him that became successful head coaches of their own programs. We used to scrimmage Sheridan when I played for Coach Bolin (he and Paul worked together at Trimble). It was always great to see them together and you knew the Generals would be well-coached and would get after your butt. It was always a great measuring stick where we stood as a team after playing them. I remember going to the state finals and watching Sheridan play in 1988 maybe (Kevin Megar..sp? was the quarterback) with Coach Bolin and some of the other coaches and players on our team. He was so happy for Paul that day.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I just saw this! This makes me so sad! When I was a junior we played them in a preview game over there either in his first or second year as coach. He was a true legend in these parts and will be missed! Prayers to the family

Return to “Football”