WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

countywide35
SEOP

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by countywide35 »

Regardless personal. Jackson has a lot of people with A lot of Friday night experience. Awesome job to the coaching staff for ensuring that come week 13 we were prepared with lots of kids 9-12!

I said it back at the beginning of the week and I’ll say it again at the end.

Play your football
And
Good things will happen.

Get better this week💪

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ll keep repeating what I’ve saying this playoff run

Seniors….leave your legacy, make the huge game changing plays and refuse to lose.

You want a big moment….here it is. Need 4 good-great quarters from the players and coaches. I have confidence in them.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:07 pm I’ll keep repeating what I’ve saying this playoff run

Seniors….leave your legacy, make the huge game changing plays and refuse to lose.

You want a big moment….here it is. Need 4 good-great quarters from the players and coaches. I have confidence in them.

I believe 👍

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jackson for the most part has played very good all around defense throughout the season, even in their two losses. Over the past few seasons, I'm always a little concerned when they play against a good team that is very efficient in running a spread offense. No doubt that seems to be the situation that they are going to be facing Friday evening. I just hope that they are able to somewhat slow the WB offense down on some of their possession's, and in turn value each and every offensive possession themselves. ( Play a very clean game with a minimum amount of turnovers and penalty's.)

mackdog
Freshman Team

Post by mackdog »

Any word on a live stream for this clash ?

Ironmannut07
Varsity

Post by Ironmannut07 »

mackdog wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:48 am Any word on a live stream for this clash ?
It’ll be on Jackson’s YouTube page. It’ll be students giving the play by play but it will be free to the public.

Pol pot
SE

Re: Round 3 division 3 region 11: Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by Pol pot »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:43 am
Pol pot wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:05 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 pm I love this matchup….I don’t like this matchup

The good:

They were at home, played almost perfectly, we turned ball over so many times and still had a great opportunity to win….and just lost. We’ve been way cleaner since then. Line better, taking care of ball a bit better, less holdings, false starts. Feels like we should win.

The bad: Novak is very special and scares me. I want to say he’s a poor man’s Burrow but he’s not a poor man’s anything, he’s one of the best QB’s Jackson has ever faced and he can do it all, but he’s also not going to win the Heisman. But he’s ready for everything and can make every pass and run.

It’s going to be a battle and if we limit turnovers and penalties….and get a few stops, we should win. But Novak is special enough to get them to the Final 4….but so is our defense and we are good on offense too.

This could be one for the ages…could be the opposite of the colossal show down in Jackson’s first ever playoff game vs Hillsboro in 1996.

Legacy boys….legacy. Refuse to lose seniors! Prater made that refuse to lose play vs Eastmoor…..we’ll need more from he and others.

Players, coaches….good luck. This is big and you can do it! Leave no stone unturned.
Really? A poor man’s Burrow? Is he good? Sure? Is he P5? Nope.
Yes….that’s what that term means to me. He reminds me of Burrow but then I didn’t want to put poor man’s because I don’t like the sound of the expression. Crazy that bothered you. I root for Joe every Sunday and have never said a bad word on here about him like so many others. Joe is the GOAT SE district football players…but I’m allowed to say his name and use it when I see another incredible high school QB. Your comment “is he good?” “Sure?” comment is way underwhelming to Novak. Kid just broke Joe’s passing record for a season….so he’s a least “very” good if we are going to be picky. I can’t imagine him being called less than “great”
Doesn't bother me at all. I just think calling someone a "poor man's" anything is not flattering. Why can't Novak, be Novak? Why does he have to be a poor person's anything?

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

In the first match-up i think both teams may have punted once no more than 2 times, Jackson had 4 turnovers, I think WB may have 3 I could be wrong on that. But it seemed that both offenses were, just better than the defenses. I dont think this game will be any different. The team that holds onto the ball will win. Jackson 38 WB 35. Field Goal to win it.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 pm

Yes….that’s what that term means to me. He reminds me of Burrow but then I didn’t want to put poor man’s because I don’t like the sound of the expression. Crazy that bothered you. I root for Joe every Sunday and have never said a bad word on here about him like so many others. Joe is the GOAT SE district football players…but I’m allowed to say his name and use it when I see another incredible high school QB. Your comment “is he good?” “Sure?” comment is way underwhelming to Novak. Kid just broke Joe’s passing record for a season….so he’s a least “very” good if we are going to be picky. I can’t imagine him being called less than “great”
Doesn't bother me at all. I just think calling someone a "poor man's" anything is not flattering. Why can't Novak, be Novak? Why does he have to be a poor person's anything?
It’s just a phrase , relax , been around for years . Actually a huge compliment to be compared to Joe Burrow at all. But since it upset you I’ll talk to I92 about choosing his words better.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

Drew Novak has had GameDay visits to Miami of Ohio, Toledo, Illinois and Iowa State. He is starting to get power 5 interest... Jackson in week 4 and Jackson tomorrow is by far the best defense he has seen and will see. In the first game western brown turned the ball over on downs 3 times. That is saying something of Jackson's defense.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol pot wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:20 pm

He reminds me of high school Joe Burrow

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

I was told the Granville QB is out for the season, so I'm thinking the winner of this game should win the region.

untouchablevol
Waterboy

Post by untouchablevol »

https://youtu.be/Yk2mxAhXBpE

Massie vs Western Brown game

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 am I was told the Granville QB is out for the season, so I'm thinking the winner of this game should win the region.
Yes this is true, but I wouldn't write them off just yet the backup QB led the way against Desales. Plus if you take a look London is going to be a tough out, the 4 teams left tough

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:11 am
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:07 am I was told the Granville QB is out for the season, so I'm thinking the winner of this game should win the region.
Yes this is true, but I wouldn't write them off just yet the backup QB led the way against Desales. Plus if you take a look London is going to be a tough out, the 4 teams left tough

The backup must be pretty decent.

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

Will there be a live stream of this game?

Greatest 12 in US Open History
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Roy Mcavoy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:00 am Will there be a live stream of this game?
https://youtube.com/c/JacksonCitySchools

This was posted on an above message from a Jackson poster

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Good luck Ironmen!

Roy Mcavoy
Freshman Team

Post by Roy Mcavoy »

greygoose wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:39 am
Roy Mcavoy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:00 am Will there be a live stream of this game?
https://youtube.com/c/JacksonCitySchools

This was posted on an above message from a Jackson poster
Thank you

Greatest 12 in US Open History

Return to “Football”