WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by wobycat »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:43 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm
wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Not even close to laughable. Ironton had more experienced pieces intact, coming in. D and o line especially. Burg lost more production. Carrico was the production. Take carrico off last years team and tell me if you get to state. He single handily won the bacon game.

Burg has figured out their unknowns since game one. Not sure if it changes the outcome but definitely will be a tougher test for ironton.
How can you say Burg lost more production then say carrico is the production wouldn’t that mean Ironton lost all of the production from last season? Him and Deere were the top two leading tacklers and I’m sure hacker was the leading receiver and Crawford and Crabtree were huge pieces of that defense and carter also?
Ironton also had an all new backfield. And started w Mccall at center i believe which was also new.
Can’t not argue that. DEFINITELY a whole new backfield as in who are these guys?

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:46 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:43 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:21 pm

How can you say Burg lost more production then say carrico is the production wouldn’t that mean Ironton lost all of the production from last season? Him and Deere were the top two leading tacklers and I’m sure hacker was the leading receiver and Crawford and Crabtree were huge pieces of that defense and carter also?
Ironton also had an all new backfield. And started w Mccall at center i believe which was also new.
Can’t not argue that. DEFINITELY a whole new backfield as in who are these guys?
Keyes and Wilson were both here last year only Howard is new at RB also Duncan and weekly who are sometimes in the backfield have been here
Last edited by MrFirstTake on Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

7 came last year. Definitely newer. Lol

None of it matters, if burgs adjustments make a difference

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:57 pm 7 came last year. Definitely newer. Lol
I told you last year they would come and it’s not going to stop as long as things are going the way they are period. But they are not all starters and not in the backfield

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:59 pm
I told you last year they would come and it’s not going to stop as long as things are going the way they are period. But they are not all starters and not in the backfield
Oh I doubt it won’t stop. Have to find ways to win.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:00 pm
It’s always been this way so 🤷‍♂️

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Said it before the last 4 coaches at Ironton have all benefitted greatly from transfers so I’m not sure what’s the point of even talking about something that’s beeeeeeen happening forever?

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Where did the Lattimore's come from? Portsmouth is what I've heard.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Lavon Helm wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:22 am
THEEE_GAME wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:40 pm Word is Wiley IS playing for Ironton. Apparently Burg D will have to guess what to prepare for. Nice slight of hand by coaching staff and it almost when off without a hitch but Ironton fans talked about it on social media.
No one was trying to hide it. He had to see how he progressed. Still not guaranteed.
If he is able to play, do you automatically give him the keys to the offense?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:38 pm

Where did the Lattimore's come from? Portsmouth is what I've heard.
Dad is from there. But kids been in school since elementary. They did move to Dayton at one point and moved back.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:03 pm Said it before the last 4 coaches at Ironton have all benefitted greatly from transfers so I’m not sure what’s the point of even talking about something that’s beeeeeeen happening forever?
Doesn’t qualify as being ok.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:35 pm
MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:03 pm Said it before the last 4 coaches at Ironton have all benefitted greatly from transfers so I’m not sure what’s the point of even talking about something that’s beeeeeeen happening forever?
It’s qualifies as life so get over it would be your best bet or spend the rest of your life complaining about something that isn’t going to change? It’s almost like complaining that you have to pay taxes at this point

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:44 pm
It’s qualifies as life so get over it would be your best bet or spend the rest of your life complaining about something that isn’t going to change? It’s almost like complaining that you have to pay taxes at this point
Ugh

LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

To paraphrase wobycat...
"wheelersburg transfers - good, ethical, no problems...
Ironton transfers - evil, bad, unethical, problematic."

If Ironton plays a clean game, they'll win by double digits - easily.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Why give Ironton and Pendleton a hard time over this?

This is a smart move. Pendleton knows he cannot win or compete at a high level without a serious influx of recruits, so they are doing whatever is necessary (and hopefully within the rules) to get the needed talent.

This isn’t going to stop because if it did, Ironton football would quickly become irrelevant. So no reason to moan and complain.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:08 pm

This is a smart move. Pendleton knows he cannot win or compete at a high level without a serious influx of recruits, so they are doing whatever is necessary (and hopefully within the rules) to get the needed talent.

This isn’t going to stop because if it did, Ironton football would quickly become irrelevant. So no reason to moan and complain.
Doesn’t bother me. I just find it as a easy, lazy approach. Takes away from the grind. Makes kirtland more impressive.

To me it’s like one and done college basketball. An opinion I’m comfortable with people disagreeing with.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

It blows my mind how people view transferring. Who cares if you leave behind what you grew up to get yourself in a better situation, it’s just like getting a new job in a new area it’s better for yourself then staying put somewhere just because you grew up there. I’m all for players doing what’s best for themself they owe nothing to no one

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

It's all about hypocrisy. The very fan base benefitting from an influx of transfers were the first to whine and cry about the catholic schools and their dominance at state.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

I mean what are these coaches supposed to do about kids wanting to transfer to their programs? Tell them no?
“Sorry son we don’t want we don’t want to win that way.”
Transferring schools is completely legal and not against the rules.
Everyone school around benefits from transfers in all sports. And just because you receive transfers does not guarantee team success. I’ve seen it happen before where it does not work out. You still have to put those kids in a position to succeed and the kids still have to go out there and perform.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

RBH23 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Even when they were irrelevant Ironton had a lot of starters from other schools just the way it always has been

Return to “Football”