WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Kirkland80 »

Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:29 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:24 pm
Blitz wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:17 am

I am not sure if Pikeville was better or just more well rounded. Ironton was definitely more talented than Pikeville man for man. With that being said Ridgewood is the best team we have played to date and it's really not even close. For the second year in a row Tingle went down with a serious injury and this year we were able to pull out a win. If he doesn't get hurt we are most likely watching them beat Ironton this week. Ridgewood was my pick to stop Kirtland's streak
Kirtland would have beaten the brakes off of Ridgewood no matter if they were healthy or not.
WOW Bold statement. I have only seen you all once this year online. wouldn't have expected that much confidence
When you've been-there-done-that confidence goes without saying. Your team may get there someday and you'll understand. I think we've earned the right to have some confidence over the past several years.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am I think this is the game for the Regional Championship. Winner of this game should win the Region.

Wheelersburg fans have been talking about this rematch all season. A number of them have even said (on this forum) that Ironton wasn’t even the best team they played during the regular season. (Pikeville, KY) Maybe they are right …. Maybe they are wrong. Regardless this should be a very competitive game.

If Ironton is going to win they will have to be physical at the point of attack. Wheelersburg will try to neutralize Ironton’s offensive line with confusion. Ironton’s best bet would be to block the guy over you or inside gap and just run straight ahead. Wheelersburg has struggled against very physical teams.

I’m sure Wheelersburg has been working on “Fake Punts” and “Onside Kicks” all week. In big game they usually try at least one during the game.

I have no dog in this fight so I’m be listening to this one as an innocent by-stander. Hopefully the winner comes out of the game injury free.
I am not sure if Pikeville was better or just more well rounded. Ironton was definitely more talented than Pikeville man for man. With that being said Ridgewood is the best team we have played to date and it's really not even close. For the second year in a row Tingle went down with a serious injury and this year we were able to pull out a win. If he doesn't get hurt we are most likely watching them beat Ironton this week. Ridgewood was my pick to stop Kirtland's streak
Kirtland would have beaten the brakes off of Ridgewood no matter if they were healthy or not.
Kirtland would beat the brakes off Ridgewood with Tingle. Wheelersburg would not have beat them if Tingle played the whole game. I think from watching that game Ironton could beat Ridgewood. My opinion.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:35 pm

WOW Bold statement. I have only seen you all once this year online. wouldn't have expected that much confidence
When you've been-there-done-that confidence goes without saying. Your team may get there someday and you'll understand. I think we've earned the right to have some confidence over the past several years.
I think burg fans have enough validity making that statement. The kirtland streak is impressive however burg holds the fourth highest win percentage in the state of Ohio, so your statement is arrogant. Kirtland state championships have come in an era where there are 7 divisions.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:36 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:44 am I think this is the game for the Regional Championship. Winner of this game should win the Region.

Wheelersburg fans have been talking about this rematch all season. A number of them have even said (on this forum) that Ironton wasn’t even the best team they played during the regular season. (Pikeville, KY) Maybe they are right …. Maybe they are wrong. Regardless this should be a very competitive game.

If Ironton is going to win they will have to be physical at the point of attack. Wheelersburg will try to neutralize Ironton’s offensive line with confusion. Ironton’s best bet would be to block the guy over you or inside gap and just run straight ahead. Wheelersburg has struggled against very physical teams.

I’m sure Wheelersburg has been working on “Fake Punts” and “Onside Kicks” all week. In big game they usually try at least one during the game.

I have no dog in this fight so I’m be listening to this one as an innocent by-stander. Hopefully the winner comes out of the game injury free.
We would have handled Ridgewood pretty easy in my opinion. If it’s gonna happen I believe it will be South Range. I think we win this week and if South Range does then next week should be a dogfight
I think Otsego seems to be pretty good again

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:51 pm
I think burg fans have enough validity making that statement. The kirtland streak is impressive however burg holds the fourth highest win percentage in the state of Ohio, so your statement is arrogant. Kirtland state championships have come in an era where there are 7 divisions.
Do you think Burg would beat Kirtland this year or the last 2 0r 3 years?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:07 pm

Last two years no. This year, 10% chance at this moment. They have improved drastically but let’s see the game against ironton since they are the higher seed. Knock them off and their chances will improve.

But to my original point, blitz just said it was a bold statement not an inaccurate one that I believe kirtland thought it was.
Last edited by wobycat on Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

So, because Wheelersburg has a high winning percentage me saying Kirtland would beat the brakes off of Ridgewood is "arrogant"? Funny logic you use there. BTW what years were Wheelersburg's state championships in?

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

frankie wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:07 pm

In the past 10 years, only Burg’s state title team could beat Kirtland.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

“Kirkland80” NOT Kirtland80 and started posting about when ChilliKillzMania420 got banned….

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:44 pm

So, because Wheelersburg has a high winning percentage me saying Kirtland would beat the brakes off of Ridgewood is "arrogant"? Funny logic you use there. BTW what years were Wheelersburg's state championships in?
No. It was the comment within the comment “your team might get there” I think the burg fanbase has seen enough wins to form an opinion. Besides, he stated your post was bold not inaccurate. Kirtland might have possibly killed ridgewood but it’s hypothetical. Blitz believes that ridgewood was the best team burg had faced. Not sure how kirtland factored into that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:49 pm “Kirkland80” NOT Kirtland80 and started posting about when ChilliKillzMania420 got banned….
Good catch. Got duped again

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

This loser is about all than can unite Ironton and Wheelersburg fan bases. He is doing heroic work.

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:49 pm “Kirkland80” NOT Kirtland80 and started posting about when ChilliKillzMania420 got banned….
I've been posting for almost a year bud. So stop trying to tie me in with your enemy that recently started creating countless usernames with a new one every time he gets banned. SMDH

Kirkland80
Waterboy

Post by Kirkland80 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:49 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:44 pm

No. It was the comment within the comment “your team might get there” I think the burg fanbase has seen enough wins to form an opinion. Besides, he stated your post was bold not inaccurate. Kirtland might have possibly killed ridgewood but it’s hypothetical. Blitz believes that ridgewood was the best team burg had faced. Not sure how kirtland factored into that.
Kirtland factored into it when he said Ridgewood was his pick to end their streak. Sorry you see confidence as arrogance. By your logic I've read on here countless times about that winning percentage you people hold in such high regard so that along with you minimizing Kirtland's success could be seen as arrogant but you don't see me on here pointing that out. LOL

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Was on FB and saw this 😂
Attachments
FB_IMG_1636571660310.jpg
Last edited by SciotoCfootball on Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Pay no attention to the “Kirkland” waterboy

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:57 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:36 am

We would have handled Ridgewood pretty easy in my opinion. If it’s gonna happen I believe it will be South Range. I think we win this week and if South Range does then next week should be a dogfight
I think Otsego seems to be pretty good again
Yes Otsego is very good again. They usually are. We won’t see them until state (assuming we both advance that far) I like our chances this week but I believe South Range will be a tough out (assuming we both win this week)

6O HORN3TS 🐝
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Elyria Catholic also tough in the Otsego region

I just updated all time win leaders in Ohio HS playoffs on the News and Notes thread.

Wheelersburg, Ironton and Kirtland all listed.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

Word is Wiley IS playing for Ironton. Apparently Burg D will have to guess what to prepare for. Nice slight of hand by coaching staff and it almost when off without a hitch but Ironton fans talked about it on social media.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

yeah I didn't realize the banned idiot was back. I had good convo with Kirtland80 last year that was why I was surprised by the 'beat the brakes off" comment (fooled me). I look for a great game Saturday against Ironton. Of coarse I think we win in a close one 24-21. But agree Ironton is favored. I also agree with an earlier post that I think the winner of this game wins the region.

Return to “Football”