Columbus Academy 30 Piketon 22 2021 Playoffs

hbk1999
JV Team

Re: Week 12: Columbus Academy (7-4) @ Piketon (10-0)

Post by hbk1999 »

search SVC Network on Youtube for the stream of this game.

Go Streaks!

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Watching the game and noticed that Guillion is playing defense. Second Piketon game I’ve watched this year. Does he play defense normally or is this something new? Thanks in advance.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Piketon 16-15 half

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

22-15 Piketon up

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

CA 30
Piketon 22

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

Congrats to Piketon on a great year and definitely could have of won this one but way too many stupid penalties! The fans for Columbus academy only had 150 fans or so but were louder than Piketons’ fans! I’m used to hearing Waverlys’ fans and it definitely can be a game changer.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

Piketon did not score in the second half.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Piketon on an outstanding season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

tigercat74 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:53 pm Watching the game and noticed that Guillion is playing defense. Second Piketon game I’ve watched this year. Does he play defense normally or is this something new? Thanks in advance.
No he doesn't normally play defense, but come playoff time they want the best 11 out there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Columbus Academy 30 Piketon 22 2021 Playoffs

Post by greygoose »

Dang Piketon, you're going to look back on this game and say woulda coulda and shoulda. CA didn't beat Piketon in this game, Piketon beat Piketon just like last week they once again played very sloppy football. Way to many penalties and mental mistakes, I get it you want to throw east/west as your run game but wow sometimes you've just got to hand off the ball and see what happens. Said this earlier in the year depending on the QB for everything and not developing a run game could hurt. CA lost their QB for the entire 2nd half and I think it changed up their game plan, but while their offense wasn't consistent they were able to run it well enough to move it at times. Game winning drive they just went right down the field. Great season for the Redstreaks and that senior class will definitely be missed for sure, tough way to go out though.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:09 am
tigercat74 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:53 pm Watching the game and noticed that Guillion is playing defense. Second Piketon game I’ve watched this year. Does he play defense normally or is this something new? Thanks in advance.
No he doesn't normally play defense, but come playoff time they want the best 11 out there.
I listened to several games on the radio this year and heard his name a lot on defense. Mind you it was 100.1 and it is sometimes impossible to tell what’s actually happening but I do think he played quite a bit of defense this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I said before playoffs Piketon had 2 winnable games and they did. Piketon should’ve won this game. CA lost their QB and leading rusher I believe and still pulled it off. Sounds like CA dialed up the pressure on Gullion second half and it really affected him throwing the ball.

Best season Piketon has had in a long long time. Gullion is the best QB our league has seen in decades. Regardless of how bad the league was this year they still did what they had to do. 20 years from now when they’re still celebrating this team nobody will remember or care how bad the league was. This was a special season and the kids, coaches and community deserved it. Congratulations to everyone involved

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:48 am
I listened to several games on the radio this year and heard his name a lot on defense. Mind you it was 100.1 and it is sometimes impossible to tell what’s actually happening but I do think he played quite a bit of defense this year.
He's not a full-time starter on defense, he was more situational this season as compared to last where he wasn't used until the playoffs. No the guys on 100.1 are to busy calling each other B-dog, C-dog, BigDog, Snoopdog, hotdog. As I started to listen last night while driving I heard them reference to themselves in some sort of Dog form about 10 times in the first 2 minutes of the ball game, decided to turn it off and waited till I got home to catch it on youtube. Honestly drove me crazy, so I just turned it to another game if they're going to act like that

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:54 am

He's not a full-time starter on defense, he was more situational this season as compared to last where he wasn't used until the playoffs. No the guys on 100.1 are to busy calling each other B-dog, C-dog, BigDog, Snoopdog, hotdog. As I started to listen last night while driving I heard them reference to themselves in some sort of Dog form about 10 times in the first 2 minutes of the ball game, decided to turn it off and waited till I got home to catch it on youtube. Honestly drove me crazy, so I just turned it to another game if they're going to act like that
Lol. That doesn’t even bother me. I just wanna know what’s happening in the game. Impossible on that station. I swear I was listening last week and they both started screaming that Gullion broke one. I thought he scored a 60 yard TD. Ended up being an 6 yard run after they said he got tripped up 😂😂. I was like ok I’ll just wait for the score updates on seops

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:49 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:54 am

Lol. That doesn’t even bother me. I just wanna know what’s happening in the game. Impossible on that station. I swear I was listening last week and they both started screaming that Gullion broke one. I thought he scored a 60 yard TD. Ended up being an 6 yard run after they said he got tripped up 😂😂. I was like ok I’ll just wait for the score updates on seops
Oh yeah, there was a run last night there's an opening there he goes, gain of 2 maybe 3.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 am I said before playoffs Piketon had 2 winnable games and they did. Piketon should’ve won this game. CA lost their QB and leading rusher I believe and still pulled it off. Sounds like CA dialed up the pressure on Gullion second half and it really affected him throwing the ball.

Best season Piketon has had in a long long time. Gullion is the best QB our league has seen in decades. Regardless of how bad the league was this year they still did what they had to do. 20 years from now when they’re still celebrating this team nobody will remember or care how bad the league was. This was a special season and the kids, coaches and community deserved it. Congratulations to everyone involved
Gullion is a very solid quarterback, but Westfall also had some very solid quarterbacks during its run with Bart and Keller.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bman wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:19 am
mlittle wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 am I said before playoffs Piketon had 2 winnable games and they did. Piketon should’ve won this game. CA lost their QB and leading rusher I believe and still pulled it off. Sounds like CA dialed up the pressure on Gullion second half and it really affected him throwing the ball.

Gullion is a very solid quarterback, but Westfall also had some very solid quarterbacks during its run with Bart and Keller.
Yes they did

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

What a great season for Piketon, but ended with a bad taste in their mouth. They should be playing this week. Piketon offensively played pretty good the first half and the defense didn’t play bad. But the second half was a different story for the offense. The D still played pretty good in the second half, but they should have considering Academy lost their starting QB and RB in the first half to injury. Piketon not scoring a single point in the second half is what is troubling to me, they had one of the best offenses in the area with probably the best QB and couldn’t put a single point on the board. Then on the other side Academy was able to find ways to score with their backups. IMO opinion, I think Academy was able to make the better adjustments at halftime and didn’t seem like Piketon did much in that department. Either way, this is one that Piketon will look back on and shake their heads about.

But Piketon has nothing to be ashamed of, best season in a very long time for them. We will see where they go from here, will this be something they build off of and continue to have success or will it be another long dry spell. Very curious to find out.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MasterOfNone wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:35 am What a great season for Piketon, but ended with a bad taste in their mouth. They should be playing this week. Piketon offensively played pretty good the first half and the defense didn’t play bad. But the second half was a different story for the offense. The D still played pretty good in the second half, but they should have considering Academy lost their starting QB and RB in the first half to injury. Piketon not scoring a single point in the second half is what is troubling to me, they had one of the best offenses in the area with probably the best QB and couldn’t put a single point on the board. Then on the other side Academy was able to find ways to score with their backups. IMO opinion, I think Academy was able to make the better adjustments at halftime and didn’t seem like Piketon did much in that department. Either way, this is one that Piketon will look back on and shake their heads about.

But Piketon has nothing to be ashamed of, best season in a very long time for them. We will see where they go from here, will this be something they build off of and continue to have success or will it be another long dry spell. Very curious to find out.
I'm going to guess dry spell, it's tough to replace that many seniors at a school that size who needs a special group to come through to accomplish the things they were able to accomplish this year. Sort of like Adena last year, then turning around and going 3-7, Southeastern losing those guys including Ruby they've won 1 game total the last 2 years.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

My father took a job at Piketon after finishing his degree in teaching in the early 70’s. He coached multiple sports including football, basketball and baseball early on. My brother and I played all sports at Piketon through high school. I and my wife currently teach and have kids going through Piketon, the oldest was a senior on this team. We raise our kids here because we love our community. We dont look at sports as a reason to move schools, we view sports as an extension of their development. They are all good kids, who bring something to their community. I have watched them lose just as much if not more than winning, because winning isn’t the reason for joining a team. Making friends, learning and enjoying competition is why our kids play. We teach them that you learn just as much from competing, than just jumping around trying to be on the winning team. Some parents might feel differently, but not me. Congratulations to the Streaks on a great season.

Return to “Football”