WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:54 pm
Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Lavon Helm wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:24 pm

Had more expectations maybe, but it seems most people on this thread don’t see those expectations the same. Circumstances change. You yourself said if Wheelersburg wins it makes them the superior playoff program. They go from “playing with house money” underdogs to the superior program with one win. Doesn’t sound like they “have nothing to lose”.

Bingo!!! Burg has just as much to lose as ironton.

Burg has nothing to lose in this game because according to you and the majority of Ironton fans on here after that first meeting, burg would be lucky to have a winning season. Would probably finish third in the SOC and won’t make the playoffs. Well Burg blew all of those out of the water so Burg has nothing to lose because they shouldn’t even be here. Just go back and look at the post after that week 1 loss.

Burg will show up and be ready to play this game. Burg has wanted this rematch since week 1 so now it’s time to prove they belong in this game

The loser goes home and the winner goes to a regional final. Both teams have exactly the same thing to lose.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Calpreps - for what it’s worth

Ironton ————- 22
Wheelersburg - 12

I’d take that 😁
Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

scott1297 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Had more expectations maybe, but it seems most people on this thread don’t see those expectations the same. Circumstances change. You yourself said if Wheelersburg wins it makes them the superior playoff program. They go from “playing with house money” underdogs to the superior program with one win. Doesn’t sound like they “have nothing to lose”.

Yes Burg has just as much to lose correct but I think the reason that Burg is playing with house money is because no one expected them to still be in the playoffs and everyone was banking on Ironton to win the region. Well atleast all Ironton fans anyways. And yes Burg is definitely the underdog here and they were the underdog last game and they came out on a mission played very physical and loose and I am hoping they play the same way Saturday. Go Burg!

Both are conference champions, and both are playing for a chance to advance to a regional final. Both teams have the same pressure, and same thing on the line.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:54 pm

Burg has nothing to lose in this game because according to you and the majority of Ironton fans on here after that first meeting, burg would be lucky to have a winning season. Would probably finish third in the SOC and won’t make the playoffs. Well Burg blew all of those out of the water so Burg has nothing to lose because they shouldn’t even be here. Just go back and look at the post after that week 1 loss.

Burg will show up and be ready to play this game. Burg has wanted this rematch since week 1 so now it’s time to prove they belong in this game
Man, I didn’t know Wheelersburg based their expectations on loudmouth Ironton fans.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

Oh wow what a game this will be…..I believe this is a toss up could go either way….I like The Burg in this 1 with the upset..burgs kicker is the real deal and could be huge in switching field position or a long fg late. Good luck to both teams and congratulations on making it to week 3.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

I would argue that wheelersburg has more to lose than Ironton because burg nation has said repeatedly that week 1 was a fluke and burg will win a rematch. The burg team and coaching staff feel the weight of their community on their shoulders to prove them right. I can't wait to see the game plan in place to make this happen. Sounds like it should be easy to move the ball on irontons defense. Sounds to me like burg is the heavy favorite. I suppose Ironton will take on the underdog role in this one. Good luck Tigers, sounds like you'll need it.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Never heard anybody from burg say week 1 was a fluke. Burg was nowhere near figured out of what and where everyone needed to be to best compete. As far as Ironton being an underdog let alone a big underdog is just people trying to stir the pot. With the success Ironton has had in the past 2 seasons and all the talent they have brought in you say they are supposedly the underdog is asinine.

Lavon Helm
Riding the Bench

Post by Lavon Helm »

I think Ironton is the favorite. But if Wylie and Duncan are out again it creeps closer to a push. I’m just taking umbrage with people saying Wheelersburg is “playing with house money”. That is literally like saying “we’re just happy to be here”. A program like Wheelersburg never believes that. You don’t become that successful by believing you have nothing to lose. Winning is something to lose.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:28 pm Never heard anybody from burg say week 1 was a fluke. Burg was nowhere near figured out of what and where everyone needed to be to best compete. As far as Ironton being an underdog let alone a big underdog is just people trying to stir the pot. With the success Ironton has had in the past 2 seasons and all the talent they have brought in you say they are supposedly the underdog is asinine.

Sounds like burg has it figured out now, they are conference champions, and has everyone where they should be, they have the best Kicker, they beat Ridgewood, they have all the house money, burg has every advantage.. Sound to me like burg is the heavy favorite. Good luck Ironton, sounds like you need all the luck to compete in this game.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Quit trying to make it look like burg people are talking trash saying they are going to stomp Ironton. Nobody from there has said that. It will be a tough game for burg to win but they do have a better chance this time around.

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Yh8awinner wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:46 pm Quit trying to make it look like burg people are talking trash saying they are going to stomp Ironton. Nobody from there has said that. It will be a tough game for burg to win but they do have a better chance this time around.
I don't have to try, you've seen the posts just like I have. The posts speak for themselves. Burg has ALL THE HOUSE MONEY! And I've heard a lot of wheelersburg fans say the 1st game was a fluke! Burg fans have said this game will be different! Burg has accomplished a lot this season by beating Waverly and capturing the conference crown! I've heard Burg nation say the OVC conference is weak compared to the SOC and this game will be different. Good luck ironton, sounds like you're going to need it.

Yh8awinner
Freshman Team

Post by Yh8awinner »

Whatever helps you sleep at night dude. Burg will not be overconfident but will definitely be prepared to compete.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:06 pm Calpreps - for what it’s worth

Ironton ————- 22
Wheelersburg - 12

I’d take that 😁
Pretty much worth zero lol. I really think anything can happen in this one. I won’t be surprised with any outcome

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg doing what burg does best which is get better. Will it be enough to overcome ironton, time will tell. I said in the first game that ironton was not 40-6 better. They were that night. I’ve said all along that ironton is about a +8. I think it’s +3 now maybe even Steven. Burg will be more conservative this game and play field position. Neither team has offensive fire power so I’d be surprised if either team gets above 21 points. Burgs magical number to win will be 17.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:20 pm I would argue that wheelersburg has more to lose than Ironton because burg nation has said repeatedly that week 1 was a fluke and burg will win a rematch. The burg team and coaching staff feel the weight of their community on their shoulders to prove them right. I can't wait to see the game plan in place to make this happen. Sounds like it should be easy to move the ball on irontons defense. Sounds to me like burg is the heavy favorite. I suppose Ironton will take on the underdog role in this one. Good luck Tigers, sounds like you'll need it.

Show me where anyone from Burg said the first game was a fluke. Burg was in no way ready to play that first game. They had one scrimmage against a horrible Raceland team that showed Burg nothing about if they had guys playing in the right positions. The next weeks scrimmage, against London would have shown them that and that game was canceled. Burg struck first with the big long TD pass and then the turnover bug hit, which in turn gave Ironton some short fields. Ironton took advantage and the game got out of hand.

Burg has different main RB and they have a different QB. Burg just needs to put the first game behind them, control the ball and keep the score low. I still think Sammons, Burg’s kicker will be a major factor in this game by pinning them deep with some of his booming punts.

Thread is already at 8 pages and it’s just Sunday. First one went 13.

RR 78
Waterboy

Post by RR 78 »

So Burg has nothing to loose? Playing with house money? I might be wrong but whichever team looses is done for the season. Right? Did the Burg figure out away to get around this? My friends this is the playoffs loose and go home. Both teams have an equal amount to loose. Ask the players from Wheelersburg if they have nothing to loose. The regular season games including the first game of the year mean nothing. This is going to be a slobber knocker!!!!

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

I believe it will be a low scoring game the coach Pendalton seems to play it close to the vest in these games with a young QB and relies on the Defense to make the plays and keep Ironton in the game.
With a freshman QB this may not be a bad thing.
Many complain about the play calling running the QB or attempting passes this has to be done to keep the Defense from keying on stacking the line to stop the run game.
On Defense Ironton's Linebackers will play a big part in this game with stopping the Burg's run game and forcing them to pass.
Ironton's pass Defense is much better this year and has some speed in their secondary.
Controlling the clock will be the key for both teams.
I can see Ironton winning 21-13 in a hard fought battle and the game staying close till the 4th quarter.
Hopefully both teams play well and come out healthy.
Go Tigers

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RR 78 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:58 am So Burg has nothing to loose? Playing with house money? I might be wrong but whichever team looses is done for the season. Right? Did the Burg figure out away to get around this? My friends this is the playoffs loose and go home. Both teams have an equal amount to loose. Ask the players from Wheelersburg if they have nothing to loose. The regular season games including the first game of the year mean nothing. This is going to be a slobber knocker!!!!

If the Burg plays loose, I don't see them losing this game. The looser they play the less chance they will lose.

See what I did there!!!!!

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

fielddaddy wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:27 am I believe it will be a low scoring game the coach Pendalton seems to play it close to the vest in these games with a young QB and relies on the Defense to make the plays and keep Ironton in the game.
With a freshman QB this may not be a bad thing.
Many complain about the play calling running the QB or attempting passes this has to be done to keep the Defense from keying on stacking the line to stop the run game.
On Defense Ironton's Linebackers will play a big part in this game with stopping the Burg's run game and forcing them to pass.
Ironton's pass Defense is much better this year and has some speed in their secondary.
Controlling the clock will be the key for both teams.
I can see Ironton winning 21-13 in a hard fought battle and the game staying close till the 4th quarter.
Hopefully both teams play well and come out healthy.
Go Tigers
Well said, you must be a coach or have been a coach before or have ties to the program. Very impressive statement you made here. Well knowledgeable too.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Can anyone tell me why #11 is not playing CB anymore. He hasn’t played in weeks. Kid was really good and best secondary player we had against the run. Also, is #24 going to play this week? I’m interested to see how the coaching staff gets the kids hyped up for this game after they beat this team really bad to start the season. It shouldn’t take much because it is the burg and we should always be hyped up to play the burg. Go Tigers!

Return to “Football”