WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

MadeInRossCounty
Varsity

Re: Round 3 division 3 region 11: Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by MadeInRossCounty »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:44 pm
Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:36 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:29 am

It’s not Alumni stadium but it’s definitely nice
I think it’s pretty darn close. The colors and turf are beautiful. I don’t think the scoreboard may be quite as nice and it may be just a little smaller. Other than that, it’s extremely nice.
Yeah it’s nice and new , not alumni but it’s nice
I've heard several people say it is just as nice as Jackson's. That alone is saying a lot.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 pm I love this matchup….I don’t like this matchup

The good:

They were at home, played almost perfectly, we turned ball over so many times and still had a great opportunity to win….and just lost. We’ve been way cleaner since then. Line better, taking care of ball a bit better, less holdings, false starts. Feels like we should win.

The bad: Novak is very special and scares me. I want to say he’s a poor man’s Burrow but he’s not a poor man’s anything, he’s one of the best QB’s Jackson has ever faced and he can do it all, but he’s also not going to win the Heisman. But he’s ready for everything and can make every pass and run.

It’s going to be a battle and if we limit turnovers and penalties….and get a few stops, we should win. But Novak is special enough to get them to the Final 4….but so is our defense and we are good on offense too.

This could be one for the ages…could be the opposite of the colossal show down in Jackson’s first ever playoff game vs Hillsboro in 1996.

Legacy boys….legacy. Refuse to lose seniors! Prater made that refuse to lose play vs Eastmoor…..we’ll need more from he and others.

Players, coaches….good luck. This is big and you can do it! Leave no stone unturned.
Really? A poor man’s Burrow? Is he good? Sure? Is he P5? Nope.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Pol pot wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:05 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 pm I love this matchup….I don’t like this matchup

The good:

They were at home, played almost perfectly, we turned ball over so many times and still had a great opportunity to win….and just lost. We’ve been way cleaner since then. Line better, taking care of ball a bit better, less holdings, false starts. Feels like we should win.

The bad: Novak is very special and scares me. I want to say he’s a poor man’s Burrow but he’s not a poor man’s anything, he’s one of the best QB’s Jackson has ever faced and he can do it all, but he’s also not going to win the Heisman. But he’s ready for everything and can make every pass and run.

It’s going to be a battle and if we limit turnovers and penalties….and get a few stops, we should win. But Novak is special enough to get them to the Final 4….but so is our defense and we are good on offense too.

This could be one for the ages…could be the opposite of the colossal show down in Jackson’s first ever playoff game vs Hillsboro in 1996.

Legacy boys….legacy. Refuse to lose seniors! Prater made that refuse to lose play vs Eastmoor…..we’ll need more from he and others.

Players, coaches….good luck. This is big and you can do it! Leave no stone unturned.
Yes….that’s what that term means to me. He reminds me of Burrow but then I didn’t want to put poor man’s because I don’t like the sound of the expression. Crazy that bothered you. I root for Joe every Sunday and have never said a bad word on here about him like so many others. Joe is the GOAT SE district football players…but I’m allowed to say his name and use it when I see another incredible high school QB. Your comment “is he good?” “Sure?” comment is way underwhelming to Novak. Kid just broke Joe’s passing record for a season….so he’s a least “very” good if we are going to be picky. I can’t imagine him being called less than “great”

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK13 Western Brown vs Jackson (rematch)

Post by greygoose »

Another rematch here in week 13, the first game was 33-28 and I'll go out on a limb and say unless the weather controls the game some this could turn into more of a 45-42 type of game. The ironman faithful know exactly what they're going to see out of WB they don't hide it they're going to ride or die with Novak at the helm---4,400 passing yards, 50 tds and only 6 ints through 12 games to go along with 994 rushing yards and 17 TDS. Western Browns defense is very suspect at best and I think the Jackson offense including the passing game has come a long ways since that first meeting. Jackson over the years has struggled with this style of offense and Western Brown in particular, Novak went for close to 500 all purpose yards in game 1. This is a tough game to call as I believe both teams have gotten a lot better since their 1st matchup and Western Brown even took Clinton Massie down to the wire and have put up a ton of points since this game. Looking like right now the weather could be a factor and for that I'm going to go with jackson by a score but this should be a dandy, hoping to take this one in.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to the ironmen

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

One thing about last game is I believe Jackson played one of their worst games all season and still had a shot to win the game. I can’t remember every detail of the game off the top of my head but I know they had a couple turnovers and a handful of killer penalties. Their offense at that time didn’t really have any rhythm but that’s not the case anymore. They have developed a really nice balanced offense. Their defense had a tough time stopping the qb but I think they do a better job of that at this point in the season. I know their’s been talks of bad weather and I hope it’s as cold and nasty of weather as it can get. I think western brown’s offense has a tough time playing in that. Jackson needs to make this a grind it out, tough, physical, nasty game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:43 am
Pol pot wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:05 pm

The good:

Yes….that’s what that term means to me. He reminds me of Burrow but then I didn’t want to put poor man’s because I don’t like the sound of the expression. Crazy that bothered you. I root for Joe every Sunday and have never said a bad word on here about him like so many others. Joe is the GOAT SE district football players…but I’m allowed to say his name and use it when I see another incredible high school QB. Your comment “is he good?” “Sure?” comment is way underwhelming to Novak. Kid just broke Joe’s passing record for a season….so he’s a least “very” good if we are going to be picky. I can’t imagine him being called less than “great”
🎤 drop

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Game is at Waverly

Giorgio Tsoukalous
JV Team

Post by Giorgio Tsoukalous »

Great venue for this game. Plenty of parking, nice facilities, I'll be taking this one in.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Awesome, wondered about Waverly just because of the ease of the drive for both teams. Looking like the weather forecast has gotten a little better for friday night. Currently saying AM showers and game time temps in the mid-40s. Unless something comes up I believe I'll be making a trip to take this one in

CWolf12
Waterboy

Post by CWolf12 »

Looking forward to this rematch game! I would say this one will be full of highlight reel material! Premier athletes on both teams. The Ironmen defense will be hard hitting and tough! Hopefully we can keep them from making too many big plays!

tigercat74
Riding the Bench

Post by tigercat74 »

Will it be streamed? Thanks in advance.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Mid to low 40’s…..both teams will need to be able to throw it without turnover. Jackson needs a successful running game.

Jackson’s defense….it’s been special. Most of the game though Novak knew what was coming and how to solve it. Ty Jones got to him once but we chased him around and he knew where option 2, 3, 4 were and hit them. Knowing what we know after that game…how can Jackson adjust to better slow Novak down? It’s no small task. My very low level knowledge of defensive schemes thought that last game that since we had trouble getting pressure that using a player like Mapes some more to be long and in the passing lane a bit and someone watching the QB in the middle for potential problem causing. Again, Novak has seen so much and their line is good, this I no easy task for our stout defense. Those guys have the defense prepared every week, they’ll be ready snd have adjustments. It’s going to be so fun to watch the chess match in the midst of this big time match up.

Go Red

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Excited to be a part of hosting this game.

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Hopefully Ironman fans travel well to this one and make some noise Friday. I stopped by the pee wee Super Bowl tonight on my way home and that crowd was louder than any Jackson varsity crowd I’ve seen in long time.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ironmen34 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:07 am Hopefully Ironman fans travel well to this one and make some noise Friday. I stopped by the pee wee Super Bowl tonight on my way home and that crowd was louder than any Jackson varsity crowd I’ve seen in long time.
Alumni Stadium was loud and caused Eastmoor some problems this past Friday. I’ll agree Jackson fans are typically pretty quiet, but they we’re definitely loud this last game.

TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

Good luck Ironmen!

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Jackson is 10-2 this year. Their wins are against teams with a combined 57-45 record. Their 2 losses were against 11-1 Ironton and 10-2 Western Brown. They’re averaging 36.42 points per game while giving up an average of 11.33 points per game. Jackson has only given up 20 points against the last 4 teams they’ve faced.

Western Brown is 10-2 this year. Their wins are against teams with a combined 48-56. Their 2 losses were against 8-3 Monroe and 10-1 Clinton-Massie. They’re averaging 51.33 points per game (scored 616 so far) while giving up an average of 22.1 points per game.

Jackson held Western Brown to their lowest point total in the regular season, 33. I believe that Jackson gets the win this week something to the tune of 28-21 or 35-21.

LBD0263
Riding the Bench

Post by LBD0263 »

We need the house packed this week. If your an Ironman fan please consider making the trip, this could be a very special year and journey you wouldn't want to miss seeing in person. Support your Ironmen and rock the house this week.

Freelobotomy
Waterboy

Post by Freelobotomy »

This will be a fun game to watch. Jackson has been on a upward trajectory after the wb loss... Western Brown has done the same. Iv watched alot of Western brown football and I must say Western brown would blow out the Western brown team that they was in the week they played Jackson. Also I thank Jackson would blow out the Jackson team that lost to Western brown. Haha if that makes any sense.

Return to “Football”