WK 10: River Valley (7-2) @ Shadyside (3-6)

RVRaiderFan
All State

Re: WK 10: River Valley (7-2) @ Shadyside (3-6)

Post by RVRaiderFan »

As always you can listen to the River Valley Broadcasting Crew, who will be making the trip to Shadyside! Eric, Carl and Jerrod will be live from Shadyside as the Tigers take on the Raiders! We will start with the Pre-game Show at 6:40pm (Gametime is 7:00pm).

You can listen to the broadcast at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/river-val ... oadcasting

You can also listen on the FREE Ustream app on your phone!

GO RAIDERS!!!!
Last edited by RVRaiderFan on Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
thedude
Waterboy

Post by thedude »

SEOALLivesMatter wrote:
madpolecat wrote:The Raiders are having a great run.

I would assert that this is the best team that has gone through RV.
Now will they have the cojones to come back to the major league that they cut-n-ran from years ago? Or will they continue to duck competition in the minor league?
River Valley never belonged in the SEOAL. They should have been in the TVC from the start. Their history would be much different if they had been. Do you want every school in southeastern Ohio to be a part of it?

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

thedude wrote:
SEOALLivesMatter wrote:

Now will they have the cojones to come back to the major league that they cut-n-ran from years ago? Or will they continue to duck competition in the minor league?
River Valley never belonged in the SEOAL. They should have been in the TVC from the start. Their history would be much different if they had been. Do you want every school in southeastern Ohio to be a part of it?
I guess the question is do you want to get better by playing tougher competition, or just have a better record by playing in the minor league? Only RV can answer that.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

A lot of people think that RV was basically "winless" in the SEOAL, (0-7 every year from 1998-2001) will do that lol).

RV, despite their football history, did defeat every team in the SEOAL except for Jackson. If I remember correctly, their best record was probably against Marietta and Warren. They also had some nice wins over Logan as well.

As for "cut-n-run" from SEOAL.....I dont know about that, but they did make the best decision for them at the time, which was to go to a more competitive league in the OVC.

However, thedude is correct. They should have been in the TVC since day 1 at RV back in 1992!

thedude
Waterboy

Post by thedude »

Playing schools that are much bigger and have a greater pool of athletes to pick from does not make you better. The RV program picked up when they moved to the OVC.

SEOALLivesMatter
Waterboy

Post by SEOALLivesMatter »

thedude wrote:Playing schools that are much bigger and have a greater pool of athletes to pick from does not make you better. The RV program picked up when they moved to the OVC.
And then they did the cut-n-run from that league. How long will it be before they actually move up in competition instead of down?

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Shadyside has a good defense but if the raiders can put up 21 points, they should come home with a victory!

Waterboy

Post by 64594546 »

The 93 team could indeed carry this teams water they faced a murders row schedule their first year. So let's just take it easy, happy rv is having a good season hope they get that playoff chance.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I'd look for a close game. Shadyside D keeps them in the game. Toss up

Have gun, will travel
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

SEOALLivesMatter wrote:

My guess is that RV will continue playing in TVC with the opportunity to play for conference championships. Players will have a chance to earn all conference honors also. Tell me again, what league will your team be playing in? :roll: :roll:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

64594546 wrote:The 93 team could indeed carry this teams water they faced a murders row schedule their first year. So let's just take it easy, happy rv is having a good season hope they get that playoff chance.
92 or 93 football season? I know it was the first year RV opened. Can't remember everyone they played but do remember it was a biotch of a schedule.

Miami Trace
Ironton
East Bank, WV

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Good Luck Raiders, bring home the victory!

It is about NOW!

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

What schools consolidated to form River Valley?
I'm still picking Shadyside to pull this one out. Gonna be a muddy mess. Rained all day/night Tuesday and more expected.

NYBUCS
Waterboy

Post by NYBUCS »

i believe Shady has turf? Atleast if i can recall. i thought Trimble played there and i saw a turf field.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

carbon_dated wrote:What schools consolidated to form River Valley?
I'm still picking Shadyside to pull this one out. Gonna be a muddy mess. Rained all day/night Tuesday and more expected.

River Valley was formed from North Gallia, Kyger Creek, Southwestern, and Hannan Trace in the fall of 1992. In fall of 1996, South Gallia opened with most of the Hannan Trace and Southwestern side going there.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Logan played there and they have a vey nice grass field!

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

In the early years at RV, the schedule featured Point Pleasant and Gallipolis... and those were not the strongest teams on the schedule, by far.

Ironton. Portsmouth. East Bank WV. Miami Trace.

Not a fun start for a nascent program.

If memory serves me (Dad was coaching for those teams and my brothers played)
Portsmouth was in Year One (1992)
Ironton was in 92 and 93.
East Bank was 93.
Miami Trace was 94.

sportsfan
JV Team

Post by sportsfan »

Shadyside is well coached and plays hard at home. They have improved in each game. River Valley better bring their A game.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

This will be a trenches game. The team with the best line play on both sides wins. I'd like to see River Valley win, but it's too close to call

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Shadyside is playing for a playoff spot. They are well coached and are pretty good on defense. Their offense is not very good at all.

RV should have enough fire power to pull off the win. Likely a rematch with Alexander waiting in week 11. Would be a great one.

Return to “Football”