Burg 23 West 14 2021 Playoffs

MrPerfect
Freshman Team

Re: Wk:11- West @ THE BURG Round 2

Post by MrPerfect »

Regardless of who wins, the season will end next week sadly.

WWE HALL OF FAME
Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

MrPerfect wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:11 pm Regardless of who wins, the season will end next week sadly.
I have to agree with you, our pass defense has to make some serious adjustments to keep playing on. Go Burg

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg wins the rematch 23-14 and won this one on the defensive side of the ball by holding West scoreless in the second half. They did just enough offensively to put points on the board. The two FG were very well needed points. Anyone that thought this weeks games was going to be anything like last weeks was just fooling themselves. Great win guys.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good job BURG

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

I'm not much on moral victories, but we showed we could play. The 4 play stuff on the goal line was big. And man what having a kicker means. You can make an argument, without Burgs kicker, we win. They know how to finish the game. We lose 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense. The future is there. As always, Proud to be a West Sider.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good game by west. Played well. Burg moves on to try to knock off ridgewood

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Great effort
Boys really played well. Thought West was gonna find a way. It was there for the taking. West just has to clean up the little things and continue to expand the playbook on both sides of the ball. Wheelersburg kicker is a weapon and was the difference tonight

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Want to say thanks to Coach G also. Johnson was better than given credit for, and we fell a little short on some games this year. But for his first year here, I'm excited for the future. He seems to connect better to the kids on a personal level than the prior, and I think that will speak for itself later on. Loved the gutsy calls tonight too.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

West showed up and made this a really good game, Burg does what Burg can do and find a way to win. Now they take on a buzz saw in Ridgewood and hands down the best QB in Tingle they've faced all year. Young man has a lot of experience under his belt. Going to be an uphill battle for sure. Good Luck.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West should be the team to beat in the league and possibly the area if they have a great offseason and even though this was a loss, it is good motivation

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Westfan wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:10 pm West should be the team to beat in the league and possibly the area if they have a great offseason and even though this was a loss, it is good motivation
Ironton will be the best team in the area next year. Burg will be the team to beat in the SOC; Burg has a lot coming back next year.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westfan wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:10 pm West should be the team to beat in the league and possibly the area if they have a great offseason and even though this was a loss, it is good motivation
Burg does return a lot but it should come down to West and Burg for the SOC title next year. The league could have some interesting games next year depends on how Minford and Waverly develops what they have coming back and freshman coming in. Ironton I'm sure will be back towards the top and I believe Jackson returns some big players, they do lose some guys but they've got major contributors coming back including Winters and Wolford to lead the backfield.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:57 pm West showed up and made this a really good game, Burg does what Burg can do and find a way to win. Now they take on a buzz saw in Ridgewood and hands down the best QB in Tingle they've faced all year. Young man has a lot of experience under his belt. Going to be an uphill battle for sure. Good Luck.
The qb from Pikeville was really good also Jacksons qb was no slouch but Pikevilles qb threw a nice ball was very accurate and had good size. Burg has faced Tingle before maybe that will help who knows? Go Burg!

Burg grad 85
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:31 pm
Burg does return a lot but it should come down to West and Burg for the SOC title next year. The league could have some interesting games next year depends on how Minford and Waverly develops what they have coming back and freshman coming in. Ironton I'm sure will be back towards the top and I believe Jackson returns some big players, they do lose some guys but they've got major contributors coming back including Winters and Wolford to lead the backfield.
Burg’s advantage is less about talent and more about numbers. This year, West has 46 total players while Burg has 72. Take away the seniors, West returns 38 while Burg returns 60.

Those numbers are a significant advantage for Burg.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:41 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:57 pm West showed up and made this a really good game, Burg does what Burg can do and find a way to win. Now they take on a buzz saw in Ridgewood and hands down the best QB in Tingle they've faced all year. Young man has a lot of experience under his belt. Going to be an uphill battle for sure. Good Luck.
The qb from Pikeville was really good also Jacksons qb was no slouch but Pikevilles qb threw a nice ball was very accurate and had good size. Burg has faced Tingle before maybe that will help who knows? Go Burg!
I don't know anything about the Pikeville QB, but there's no comparing Winters and Tingle when discussing the QB position, 2 totally different players, plus 2 entirely different offenses. They have faced Tingle before but was it that game last year that seen him go down? Can't remember I know he was injured in the playoffs. This will actually make 3 years in a row facing him, losing 42-17 and 13-10. Not sure what all Ridgewood returned as they had a really nice defense last season also, in looking at their scores looks like they picked up where they left off only loss is to a really good Garaway team 19-14.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:41 pm
I don't know anything about the Pikeville QB, but there's no comparing Winters and Tingle when discussing the QB position, 2 totally different players, plus 2 entirely different offenses. They have faced Tingle before but was it that game last year that seen him go down? Can't remember I know he was injured in the playoffs. This will actually make 3 years in a row facing him, losing 42-17 and 13-10. Not sure what all Ridgewood returned as they had a really nice defense last season also, in looking at their scores looks like they picked up where they left off only loss is to a really good Garaway team 19-14.
Tingle is good I agree but all I was saying is that Burg has faced some descent qb"s this year might not be as good as Tingle but Burg will be prepared and yes Tingle went down last year but came back in and played in the end and I will say that Burg is probably the underdog and they are used to that this year been the underdog in a few games and they have seemed to be up for the battle minus the Ironton game where they laid a huge egg! Lol

Burg grad 85
Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:53 pm I'm not much on moral victories, but we showed we could play. The 4 play stuff on the goal line was big. And man what having a kicker means. You can make an argument, without Burgs kicker, we win. They know how to finish the game. We lose 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense. The future is there. As always, Proud to be a West Sider.
How can you say that? He kicked 3 FG's. Take those away its 14-14 and going to OT.

How does that give West the win?? Especially since Burg has the best kicker according to you.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:06 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:53 pm I'm not much on moral victories, but we showed we could play. The 4 play stuff on the goal line was big. And man what having a kicker means. You can make an argument, without Burgs kicker, we win. They know how to finish the game. We lose 2 starters on offense and 3 on defense. The future is there. As always, Proud to be a West Sider.
How can you say that? He kicked 3 FG's. Take those away its 14-14 and going to OT.

How does that give West the win?? Especially since Burg has the best kicker according to you.
He is a weapon period and it’s not just field goals. Bombs punts and kickoffs too. Fear of his onside kicks messes with your kickoff returns. He is a legit D1 player and difference maker

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

West played a lot better last night which most Burg fans expected. With majority of their team returning, West is set up well for next 2-3 years.

As for Burg, those kids just keep playing and find a way to win. Glover ran hard as always and Jones is hitting enough throws to keep defense honest. Sammons truly was the difference last night showing how a good kicker can impact a game.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Sammons for president

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Football”