WK 8 West at Valley

#sports_is_life
Waterboy

WK 8 West at Valley

Post by #sports_is_life »

Any thoughts on this one? Who comes out with the W?

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Re: WK 8 West at Valley

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Originally I would say West is the clear favorite, not by a lot but favored. If they play like they did against Minford though then im not so sure. Seemed like a completely different team. So this game will probably come down to which West team shows up to play.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

This game will be more competitive than many expected a couple of weeks ago. Injuries have impacted both teams but I believe West has a deeper bench However, Valley doesn't quit and plays hard so it will be a battle to the end. West throws the ball pretty well and has a solid running game. Valley will need to guard the edges to take away the big plays, their secondary has improved but needs to be consistent. On offense Valley must take care of the ball better and eliminate the team penalties and they will have a good shot at winning. Valley and West both need this game badly if they are eyeing the post season.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

West should rebound if they let valley hang around it could be interesting but I like West here

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Valley needs this game in order for a chance at the playoffs since this is probably the last winnable game for them

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:58 pm Originally I would say West is the clear favorite, not by a lot but favored. If they play like they did against Minford though then im not so sure. Seemed like a completely different team. So this game will probably come down to which West team shows up to play.
Minford is a good team IMO they were the favorite against West afrwe seeing both of them play

Burg grad 85
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:21 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:58 pm Originally I would say West is the clear favorite, not by a lot but favored. If they play like they did against Minford though then im not so sure. Seemed like a completely different team. So this game will probably come down to which West team shows up to play.
Minford is a good team IMO they were the favorite against West afrwe seeing both of them play
That was my first time watching Minford this season and I was impressed they looked good. Not taking anything away from Minford trust me was just pointing out that West had a off night. They couldnt catch a ball to save their lives which was surprising after watching them pass against Waverly. Defense had a bad night as well but Minford was moving the ball regardless.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Will West rebound after being handled rather rudely by the Falcons this past Saturday? West probably has more depth than the Indians, but the game is at Valley. Both teams seemed to have had a lot of key injuries so far this season. Hopefully it will be a very competitive game. This late in the season, lets hope that both teams have an injury free game.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Who is going to be out for Valley?

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

I hope I am able to make this game on Friday (wife's family coming in town :roll: :D ) , because it could potentially be a very entertaining game. Knowing who is in and who is out for Valley will be a big key. And after watching West on Saturday, I think they have a few injuries too. Valley definitely needs this game and hopefully they are healthy enough to be in it. Valley played really hard on Friday in a tough spot, I left that game very proud of this team.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

If you would have asked me two weeks ago I was probably all ready looking over this game to be completely honest. Their was tension brewing in the stands, on the sideline, and on the field last Friday. I think Minford is way better than expected. But the lack of motivation on the field and sidelines is what is hard for me as a lifelong supporter of West for 30 plus years. The looks on some kids faces, are that they dont want to be there. I have seen more excitement at funerals. I seen the late years of the 90's when they struggled, to a state championship team. I've seen Sammons back to Dick Tiption, And Tripplet to Ben Johnson. One thing remained the same, whether it was a good or bad team. You knew you was going to get hit, you knew you would be in a physical dogfight. I have talked to several people over the years and I have heard it several times. No matter the talent level, no one wants to play us because of the reputation of physicality. It isnt there right now. Minford played more like West Siders last Friday. We couldn't catch a pass because recievers were looking for a defender instead. I watched our kick and punt returner drop atleast 3 balls. And he fair caught a ball before half when a defender wasn't within 25 yards of him. The way our offense is designed, I am afraid after a 14 point deficit we cant come back. I have seen one motivated game, and that was against Waverly. This post isn't suggesting they aren't good. I truly believe they could beat anyone in this Region. Not by the product of what I watched last week of course. But what they are capable of. They don't have an identity at this point, and they are about out of sand in the hour glass. Not only is a home playoff game probably not going to happen. With a loss here and burg in 2 weeks, they are sitting home in a 16 team playoff brackett. Their is no excuses for that. The ball is still in your hand fellas. What do you all want.
Last edited by SiderBlood on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Series History
West leads the series at 37-12 all time against the Indians.
Average score is 26-12
Largest margin of victory- 54 points in 1965. West won 62-8
Longest win streak- 26 games in a row for West

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Agreed, Minford physically dominated West and hit much harder. I was surprised at the size of Minfords line and receivers. West dbs were forced to cover much taller guys and their receivers for hit a few times and didn't rise to the occasion. I also thought they failed to adept and find ways to get Sissel the ball other than a dive up the middle. Coach Crabtree at Valley has coached in and won a whole lot of games and I'm sure he's going to have the proper game plan to beat West. West may have more talent and a deeper bench but Valley isn't going to roll over and will take advantage of any mistakes.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:00 pm Agreed, Minford physically dominated West and hit much harder. I was surprised at the size of Minfords line and receivers. West dbs were forced to cover much taller guys and their receivers for hit a few times and didn't rise to the occasion. I also thought they failed to adept and find ways to get Sissel the ball other than a dive up the middle. Coach Crabtree at Valley has coached in and won a whole lot of games and I'm sure he's going to have the proper game plan to beat West. West may have more talent and a deeper bench but Valley isn't going to roll over and will take advantage of any mistakes.
I don't think Sissel has got the ball in any other form than a dive since maybe a quick pitch against Portsmouth. And it is a shame because he is a great running back, we aren't even giving him the best opportunity to flourish. They have picked on our small corner all year, I expect a veteran coach to exploit it more this week. We have failed to make a change this far, I can't see it coming now. Crabtree is great at what he does, even with less talent, he will level the playing field.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Valley is trending up and will compete for sure. If west should lose this game it'll most definitely come down to coaching. I said it at the beginning of the year about west, losing coach Johnson would make a difference even with all west had coming back.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

West 30
Valley 21

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

packers80 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:07 pm Valley is trending up and will compete for sure. If west should lose this game it'll most definitely come down to coaching. I said it at the beginning of the year about west, losing coach Johnson would make a difference even with all west had coming back.
I'll have to agree on Johnson.

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Even with Valley getting a lot of points from NW (double for each win) and with NW going to win out or lose 1... Does valley need. Another win to get in?

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

lineman7 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 am Even with Valley getting a lot of points from NW (double for each win) and with NW going to win out or lose 1... Does valley need. Another win to get in?
I think so because they are getting nothing from oak hill and eastern

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

lineman7 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:59 am Even with Valley getting a lot of points from NW (double for each win) and with NW going to win out or lose 1... Does valley need. Another win to get in?
It is going to be pretty close. A win and they will be in play for a home game.

Return to “Football”