Week 4: Pikeville(2-0) @ Wheelersburg (2-1)

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Re: Week 4: Pikeville(2-0) @ Wheelersburg (2-1)

Post by FightingTiger99 »

scott1297 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:53 pm Congrats to Burg for finding such a good team to play I'm sure they could have found a much weaker team to play and win. But by playing Pikeville win or lose they get better because of it . Cause the old saying is that your only as good as your competition! And safe travels to Pikeville and hope for an injury free game. And I'm wandering does anyone know when Burgs starting qb will be back? He was in uniform last week and warmed up with the team but had his hand still wrapped up. Also Burgs starting rb #2 Lattimore hopefully he is back and %100 for tomorrow's game! GO BURG!
I think Burg gets more on the field benefit from this game than Ironton will get from the moeller game. Ironton should've scheduled up but not so far to the extreme. Irontons not going to get much of a read on their team because of it. Burg will have more positive takeaways as far as on the field. Win or Lose.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Burg should win. Go burg! then see ya next week!

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg should win this game especially since it is at Wheelersburg. The long bus trip should take it toll plus Pikeville is a smaller school. Burg handled Russell without much problem so I would expect the same. There is a huge difference between Ohio football and Kentucky football. But give both schools credit for playing instead of sitting out this week.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:54 am Wheelersburg should win this game especially since it is at Wheelersburg. The long bus trip should take it toll plus Pikeville is a smaller school. Burg handled Russell without much problem so I would expect the same. There is a huge difference between Ohio football and Kentucky football. But give both schools credit for playing instead of sitting out this week.
Pikeville is a lot better than Russell, even being a smaller school enrollment wise.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Should be a dandy...can’t wait!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck BURG

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Not a fan of the pirates but this tiger will rooting for them to represent the best conference in southern ohio and the state! good luck pirates!

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Something has been missing all season but I couldn’t put my finger on it until today.

RIP Madd Dogg
Attachments
BAA0FD81-8CD4-4A12-A651-96DD020401B6.jpeg

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:45 pm Image

Something has been missing all season but I couldn’t put my finger on it until today.

RIP Madd Dogg
Missing dogg's CalPreps predictions as well! Dude loved his team and always meant well.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Pikeville is massive on both the offensive and defensive line. Burg down 14-7 at half.

Burg gets the ball to start the 2nd half. They need to come out and score.

Pikeville QB is really good. Makes smart decisions on his passes. Doesn’t try and force things.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Pikeville is very impressive on both sides of the ball.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Told ya Pikeville was good.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Really like Burg’s D, but the O is a dumpster fire. A playoff run is not going to happen this year, but if they want a shot at the SOC, changes must be made on the offense; from play calling to execution.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm Really like Burg’s D, but the O is a dumpster fire. A playoff run is not going to happen this year, but if they want a shot at the SOC, changes must be made on the offense; from play calling to execution.
Could see the Burg winning 1st round, maybe 2nd due to expanded playoffs but dont feel too confident on their odds past that. Although ill never count Burg out.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game tonight by two really good teams. Glad I was able to go. Pikeville was all that was advertised.

Burg went toe to toe with them but too many turnovers tonight by Burg stopped some nice drives.

Now need to prepare for another strong team in Jackson

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:56 pm Really like Burg’s D, but the O is a dumpster fire. A playoff run is not going to happen this year, but if they want a shot at the SOC, changes must be made on the offense; from play calling to execution.
Could see the Burg winning 1st round, maybe 2nd due to expanded playoffs but dont feel too confident on their odds past that. Although ill never count Burg out.
Don't get any easier next week for Burg.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Have to agree. Nothing up the middle all night yet Burg kept trying to run up the middle. Lattimore got the ball maybe once on the jet sweep, for a pretty good gain. He has to touch the ball more.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Too many turnovers to win. Getting Lattimore back (hopefully at some point) would probably help, but their offense going to be limited regardless with inexperienced QBs. But just like the Ironton game, if you don’t take care of the football, you don’t win. Coaches can’t hang on to the ball for them.*

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:05 pm
SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:04 pm
Don't get any easier next week for Burg.

You are correct but Burg's toughest game after that will be Waverly and it's a home game along with West. If Burg losses next week and then wins out, they will have a first round home game. If they are doing like last year they might get two home games.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:07 pm

Have to agree. Nothing up the middle all night yet Burg kept trying to run up the middle. Lattimore got the ball maybe once on the jet sweep, for a pretty good gain. He has to touch the ball more.
I like what I saw briefly out of Jones. Having a QB who can run dramatically improves that offense.

Return to “Football”