Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

Post by wobycat »

transplant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm I think its more of kids transferring vs kids being encouraged to come to a school. But yeah, everyone gets transfers, everyone has kids leave. It happens. Adapt to it or quit complaining i guess.
I’m not complaining but I’m curious on what steps you think other teams need to adapt?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

Post by Chilli_Dawg_614 »

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:43 pm
transplant wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:34 pm I think its more of kids transferring vs kids being encouraged to come to a school. But yeah, everyone gets transfers, everyone has kids leave. It happens. Adapt to it or quit complaining i guess.
I’m not complaining but I’m curious on what steps you think other teams need to adapt?
Being that it is part of the game, saying ironton or burg would not be the same w/o transfers, would kinda be like saying they wouldn't be the same w/o helmets.

Why is it even a discussion?

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

The ( burg) staff needs to get younger. More acclimated to the game and interests and what attracts athletes in 2021 instead of 1994. The exposure Ironton kids are getting is NORMAL. The social media marketing is NORMAL. Per what most major prep programs are doing. Transfers/recruiting is part of that also. Gotta get up to speed.

Not every kid in 2021 grows up w a dream of playing for a program they see falling behind. They grow up dreaming about opportunity.
Last edited by Chilli_Dawg_614 on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:47 pm
The ( burg) staff needs to get younger. More acclimated to the game and interests and what attracts athletes in 2021 instead of 1994.
Disagree. They win games. Plus tiger Laverde and chip from cold water aren’t young pups

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

wobycat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:48 pm

The ( burg) staff needs to get younger. More acclimated to the game and interests and what attracts athletes in 2021 instead of 1994.
Disagree. They win games. Plus tiger Laverde and chip from cold water aren’t young pups
Better talent at those schools per man

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

I agree, more good players makes the team better, thanks coach.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I guess i just meant to adapt to the current times of kids transferring. Wasn't meaning other teams need to adapt. Kids transfer to all schools. Might not always be the best player, but every school gets them.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:08 am
vladimir wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 am Many football players as well. They were studs and had an impact on games.

EDITED post
vladimir wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:03 pm

In 2009, Bendolph didn't play really after the VASJ game, nor did he in the 2nd half of the season b/c he was still living in Portsmouth. He was a neighbour with an opposing SOC coach that had video of him coming and going from his home in Portsmouth. Woodward did the right thing by not dressing him the rest of the season; however, it took the threat of video evidence to the OHSAA first. Also, a cease and desist letter from a local attorney.

How was Bendolph then able to play basketball for Burg that year?! What made him all of a sudden eligible for that??

Like is being said in this thread, sure kids are transferring to other schools like crazy these days but I get sick and tired of reading how Burg has been doing it for years when at most if it’s been one kid, a kid who has not came in and dominated and had Burg had not had this player or players they would have had a horrible season. If someone can give me the name of that player name I will eat crow and never post on this subject again.

If you take away the players Ironton has brought in over the last three years are they even that good of a football team??? I know the Young kid from Raceland was a huge addition the year he came and was a high impact player for them. The kicker that came from West, huge difference maker.

Big difference in bringing in one player to bringing in 5-6 players. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!
By the time basketball season came around he somehow ended up with an apartment in the Wburg school district and when the school year was over he was living back in P-town.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:52 pm

False. Those schools do not have the D1 recruits Ironton had/has, yet both schools have and will continue to wipe the field with Ironton.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.clevel ... utType=amp

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:19 pm

False. Those schools do not have the D1 recruits Ironton had/has, yet both schools have and will continue to wipe the field with Ironton.

Logical fallacy. 1 example is not a universal absolute.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:31 pm

How many examples do you need? The Kirtland team that beat Ironton in the first match had no D1 athletes. The Coldwater team that thumped Burg in the state semis had no D1 prospects, and their best play only had one small school offer.

I can continue…

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:42 pm

How many examples do you need? The Kirtland team that beat Ironton in the first match had no D1 athletes. The Coldwater team that thumped Burg in the state semis had no D1 prospects, and their best play only had one small school offer.

I can continue…
Please do. Make it an absolute. Be consistent w how you are presenting it.

Two examples dont make it an absolute either btw. I could go on.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

I can continue…
And before you do, remember, subjective examples do not equate to final absolute conclusions.

Resumbmit your findings.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:47 pm

I can continue…
And before you do, remember, subjective examples do not equate to final absolute conclusions.

Resumbmit your findings.
You made a claim with no proof or evidence to back it up. Just pulled it out of thin air. I give you three games that contradict your “made-up” claim and now you question the proof.

Ironton has been loaded with D1 recruits the past few years, and yet Kirtland with no D1 recruits have taken them to the woodshed. Your claim “Kirtland has superior talent”simply just does not hold up.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:08 pm

I can continue…

Resumbmit your findings.
You made a claim with no proof or evidence to back it up. Just pulled it out of thin air. I give you three games that contradict your “made-up” claim and now you question the proof.

Ironton has been loaded with D1 recruits the past few years, and yet Kirtland with no D1 recruits have taken them to the woodshed. Your claim “Kirtland has superior talent”simply just does not hold up.
Loaded w d1 recruits? Loaded?

Again you're not understanding. Your isolated examples or perception of loaded does not equate it to an absolute. You are exaggerating.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

vladimir wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:48 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:08 am
vladimir wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 am Many football players as well. They were studs and had an impact on games.

EDITED post

How was Bendolph then able to play basketball for Burg that year?! What made him all of a sudden eligible for that??

Like is being said in this thread, sure kids are transferring to other schools like crazy these days but I get sick and tired of reading how Burg has been doing it for years when at most if it’s been one kid, a kid who has not came in and dominated and had Burg had not had this player or players they would have had a horrible season. If someone can give me the name of that player name I will eat crow and never post on this subject again.

If you take away the players Ironton has brought in over the last three years are they even that good of a football team??? I know the Young kid from Raceland was a huge addition the year he came and was a high impact player for them. The kicker that came from West, huge difference maker.

Big difference in bringing in one player to bringing in 5-6 players. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!
By the time basketball season came around he somehow ended up with an apartment in the Wburg school district and when the school year was over he was living back in P-town.

About like Waginger at South Webster!!! :o :o :o

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Chilli_Dawg_614 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Resumbmit your findings.

Again you're not understanding. Your isolated examples or perception of loaded does not equate it to an absolute. You are exaggerating.

They are loaded with D1 recruits, just ask them. I know you’re a newbie on here but just about everyday there for awhile Ironton posters were posting about this D1 recruit or that D1 recruit.

There words not ours!!!

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Resumbmit your findings.

We only have these two games to compare Kirtland against Ironton. In those two meetings, Kirtland had zero D1 recruits, Ironton had four; including the best inside linebacker in the nation. It’s not perception, it’s reality.

Your claim was that “Kirtland wins because they have more talent”. That does not appear to be so, at least not so against Ironton. You simply made the claim without any facts or data to back it up.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:49 pm

They are loaded with D1 recruits, just ask them. I know you’re a newbie on here but just about everyday there for awhile Ironton posters were posting about this D1 recruit or that D1 recruit.

There words not ours!!!
Ok so you're being facetious.

Chilli_Dawg_614
Freshman Team

RBH23 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:53 pm

We only have these two games to compare Kirtland against Ironton. In those two meetings, Kirtland had zero D1 recruits, Ironton had four; including the best inside linebacker in the nation. It’s not perception, it’s reality.

Your claim was that “Kirtland wins because they have more talent”. That does not appear to be so, at least not so against Ironton. You simply made the claim without any facts or data to back it up.
He was the #1 rated Lb? In the nation? He was a 4 star right?

What other 3 or 4 went D1?

Return to “Football”