Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

mackdog
Freshman Team

Re: Ironton, Trimble, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Jackson on another level

Post by mackdog »

Ironton, trimble, Jackson currently. Burg has fallen off but recent state level success is there. Waverly no. They may compete with a burg program that is down. In reality Jackson/Ironton beats trimble 9 of 10 but trimble is d 7.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:36 pm Hey, I didn't make that declaration lightly. I see the program taking a downward spiral, badly! Now, whether it will be a whole decade or not? I cannot say? Ironton's JV just wore them out...the 7th did as well. There is a bright spot in Burg's 8th grade though.

2017 is four years ago..not the future
Burg just came off an impressive run unlike any run in their history, so looking at the future against that is probably not a fair comparison.

That said, this year’s Burg team has a very small senior class (numbers wise). This has forced many sophomores into varsity than Burg would normally play, hurting their JV team. Let’s see how they fair when their numbers are back up next year.

Keep in mind, there was a time when Burg lost the SOC multiple times in a row to Valley. That trend changed abruptly.

I also recall in the 1990’s when a below average Portsmouth team beat Burg; people from Portsmouth actually claiming Burg’s winning ways were over. That didn’t age well either.

RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

Runner00 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:45 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:16 pm
Runner00 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:41 pm Remove Trimble and Wheelersburg from this list and yes.
Remove Wheelersburg? They are the only team on this list to win a state title this century. Ironton is the only other school on this list to have any football state titles.

Having a top five all-time winning percentage (all Ohio schools) also puts them on this list.
This year dingus
Name calling? Aren’t you a class act.

May want to wait until Waverly and Burg play before putting Waverly as elite over Burg. That mistake has been made many times over the years…

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Burg just came off an impressive run unlike any run in their history, so looking at the future against that is probably not a fair comparison.

That said, this year’s Burg team has a very small senior class (numbers wise). This has forced many sophomores into varsity than Burg would normally play, hurting their JV team. Let’s see how they fair when their numbers are back up next year.

Keep in mind, there was a time when Burg lost the SOC multiple times in a row to Valley. That trend changed abruptly.

I also recall in the 1990’s when a below average Portsmouth team beat Burg; people from Portsmouth actually claiming Burg’s winning ways were over. That didn’t age well either.
Well, good luck to the Burg (until they play the Tigers) I've always respected their program and one of the most standout attributes the Pirates have I've always admired and been amazed over is that, it doesn't matter how far they are behind, they'll play all four quarters. Anyone who jumps ahead a couple runs early best not relax on that knowledge!

I thought they've had the best program in the Tri-state for a while now (even across the river, cannot dismiss Ashland) but I believe Pendleton's Tigers have pulled way out in the front for now

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
RBH23
SE

Post by RBH23 »

kantucky wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:14 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:06 pm

Well, good luck to the Burg (until they play the Tigers) I've always respected their program and one of the most standout attributes the Pirates have I've always admired and been amazed over is that, it doesn't matter how far they are behind, they'll play all four quarters. Anyone who jumps ahead a couple runs early best not relax on that knowledge!

I thought they've had the best program in the Tri-state for a while now (even across the river, cannot dismiss Ashland) but I believe Pendleton's Tigers have pulled way out in the front for now
Agree that Ironton is ahead right now. They were the better team a few weeks ago, but the score was a little deceiving due to the 4 second quarter turnovers. Don’t get me wrong, Ironton would have won that game regardless of the turnovers, but those made the game lopsided.

In my opinion, Burg trying to run the spread with an inexperienced QB and young OL was a huge mistake. Their best drive against Ironton was when they ran the O from under center; didn’t score but squeezed out about 50 yards before turning over on downs. Same against Chilli: they had much more success running their O from under center than running out of the gun.

As for Pendleton, he has done an amazing job. Now Burg needs to up their game if they want to compete.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:02 am
SEO FOOTBALL wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 am all 5 stars of SEO Football

Kudos to Waverly and Trimble the most though. All home grown talent lol (no transfers)
With one of the state's highest CB numbers in all divisions, Wheelersburg should just label itself as a private academy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Burg has one transfer that came in this year other than that all of them have been going to Burg since kindergarten

Burg grad 85
Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

scott1297 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Kudos to Waverly and Trimble the most though. All home grown talent lol (no transfers)
With one of the state's highest CB numbers in all divisions, Wheelersburg should just label itself as a private academy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I think Burg has one transfer that came in this year other than that all of them have been going to Burg since kindergarten
Wrong

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

You forgot Fort Frye

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

redblue85 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:05 pm You forgot Fort Frye
Yeah fort Frye for sure.

Trimble can’t beat Ironton or Jackson but they are top 5 year in and year out

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BeastOfTheSoutheast
JV Team

Post by BeastOfTheSoutheast »

Runner00 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:41 pm Remove Trimble and Wheelersburg from this list and yes.
Remove Trimble? Argue your statement. How can you not admit that Trimble has one of the top programs for D7 football in SEO? Yes, Ironton and Jackson would handle the Cats, that’s to be expected, but again, Trimble is D7.

Statistics Are Like Bikinis...They Show A Lot, But Not Everything.
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:16 pm
Paulcrew wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:04 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:10 am

Already been discussed. At length as to why burgs can numbers are high. I’ll remind everyone again. Quite a few live in other school districts but live in the Wheelersburg zip code. What you and others should know is 99% of their players started at burg in kindergarten. It’s been like that for a long time.

However, thank goodness for valley transfers, eh!

Lol.
If these kids who live in other districts, started at Burg in kindergarten, and Burg has best of the best in staff, shouldn’t Burg be awesome? why do transfers who have been at ironton for less than a year do better than these kids?
The difference I see in the two programs is ironton has a renewed sense of pride and the weight room program sets them apart from most area schools . They do have better athletes than wheelersburg but they also put the work all year because it’s important to them. They can simply bully most d5 teams in Ohio. Jackson being a stout hard nosed d3 program went toe to toe with ironton but most teams simply can’t go the full 10 rounds without being KOd.
Jackson is well coached and i’m
glad the two schools have renewed the rivalry. I look forward to visiting Jackson every other year, as the football facility is one of, if not best in the area.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

wobycat wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:45 pm

Already been discussed. At length as to why burgs can numbers are high. I’ll remind everyone again. Quite a few live in other school districts but live in the Wheelersburg zip code. What you and others should know is 99% of their players started at burg in kindergarten. It’s been like that for a long time.

Lol.
If these kids who live in other districts, started at Burg in kindergarten, and Burg has best of the best in staff, shouldn’t Burg be awesome? why do transfers who have been at ironton for less than a year do better than these kids?
Burg is a great program. But when you get kids that started at their previous high school and probably could start anywhere in the area, you make your team better. Any team in the area would benefit. I seriously doubt anyone can tell if a kid is a football player in kindergarten.
I guess the question then is… Why aren’t kids transferring to
Burg as much now? Is Burg administration turning down open enroll requests?

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

BeastOfTheSoutheast wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:37 am
Remove Trimble? Argue your statement. How can you not admit that Trimble has one of the top programs for D7 football in SEO? Yes, Ironton and Jackson would handle the Cats, that’s to be expected, but again, Trimble is D7.
Again ... this year.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am

Burg is a great program. But when you get kids that started at their previous high school and probably could start anywhere in the area, you make your team better. Any team in the area would benefit. I seriously doubt anyone can tell if a kid is a football player in kindergarten.

Because Burg has never had more than 1-2 kids come in to play, unlike Ironton who is bringing in 5-6 kids a year here lately.

You all kill me with all of the transfers Burg has had over the years!!!! Unfreakingbelievable just how stupid some of you are!!!

Bi

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Lol.

Because the kids Ironton is getting have been taught or coached at another school and then come to Ironton as Juniors or Seniors to play football.

Of course they are coming on there own, to "better themselves" as I've read on here.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You are ate up with Burg envy. Did you play on one of the Ironton teams from 2013-2018 that got smacked in the mouth by the Burg???

Woby has explained why Burg's numbers are up and you seem to keep thinking Burg is like Ironton in brining in 5-6 kids who immediately play for Ironton and without them Ironton is mediocre at best

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:26 am
Paulcrew wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:22 am

Because Burg has never had more than 1-2 kids come in to play, unlike Ironton who is bringing in 5-6 kids a year here lately.

You all kill me with all of the transfers Burg has had over the years!!!! Unfreakingbelievable just how stupid some of you are!!!

Bi
What's so unbelievable about it? If it amazes you don't know nothing about transfers, you know lets just start all this F$%#@ poop again, I'm not hear to debate this with you #%@** people from Wheelersburg, if you want my answer ill give you the answer, if you don't like it, don't comment back on the thread.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:31 am

You are ate up with Burg envy. Did you play on one of the Ironton teams from 2013-2018 that got smacked in the mouth by the Burg???

Woby has explained why Burg's numbers are up and you seem to keep thinking Burg is like Ironton in brining in 5-6 kids who immediately play for Ironton and without them Ironton is mediocre at best
No one is envy of the pumpkin patch right now. Keep your blinking lights and halloween festival filled stands and hold this L.

Mission15
Riding the Bench

Post by Mission15 »

The bottom line is Wheelersburg has mutliple kids who live out of district who attend WB, I don't care if they are K or junior, that's the bottom line. They get multiple kids to start school at Wheelersburg who frankly shouldn't be attending WB based on where they live because mommy and daddy are brainwashed into thinking Wheelersburg is this "Harvard of the Hills".

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

The actual bottom line is, it is well within the rules of the OHSAA so it doesn’t really matter what anyone believes about where someone else’s children should attend school.

Return to “Football”