WK2 Valley v Northwest... Right?

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Re: WK2 Valley v Northwest... Right?

Post by Voice of Reason »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:40 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:17 pm
N2Hoops wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:51 am Mental block for NW when it comes to Valley.
I'll take Valley in the re-match. It's a mental thing for NW against Valley at this point. Plus, Crabtree (valley's coach) will have more than one day of preparation. Coaching won it this past week and I believe will do so again.
Maybe but if northwest don’t fumble twice in the 4th they win the game. If valley doesn’t find a few more players to rotate on the line they won’t be able to win to many games. That line was totally gassed.
I guess it’s a difference of perspective and opinion but I felt Valley’s line was much much stronger late. NW seemed to be cramping and gassed. With the offense that NW runs, Valley would have been in trouble late if they weren’t still playing hard. To me, one team clearly finished and had more juice late. Valley’s passing game that was so scrutinized last week was really good late and I think that had to do with lack of pass rush.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

This is a head scratcher

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:47 pm When it comes down to a game like that, coaching and a winning culture usually come out ahead.
No doubt. Northwest still learning to win games like this instead of giving them away. Only one game though and they should roll through SOC I, so learn from it, and be ready to go next week.*

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 am
packers80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:47 pm When it comes down to a game like that, coaching and a winning culture usually come out ahead.
No doubt. Northwest still learning to win games like this instead of giving them away. Only one game though and they should roll through SOC I, so learn from it, and be ready to go next week.*
I think ND and symmes Valley will be challenges for NW. Hopefully they learn something, like you said, from this game and it helps them going forward.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

packers80 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:33 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 am
I think ND and symmes Valley will be challenges for NW. Hopefully they learn something, like you said, from this game and it helps them going forward.
They absolutely will be challenges.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

It was a great game, not 14-7 like I predicted but 28-21. Northwest played well for 2 and a half quarters, but you could see them getting gassed like Valley did against Portsmouth. Valley athletes, and great coaching rose to the occasion and came back and scored 21 points. Coaching brought this home for Valley. Good luck both teams and week 5 should be another good game.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

N2Hoops wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:51 am Mental block for NW when it comes to Valley.
I'll take Valley in the re-match. It's a mental thing for NW against Valley at this point. Plus, Crabtree (valley's coach) will have more than one day of preparation. Coaching won it this past week and I believe will do so again.
Maybe but if northwest don’t fumble twice in the 4th they win the game. If valley doesn’t find a few more players to rotate on the line they won’t be able to win to many games. That line was totally gassed.
The line was tired, but they wore NW out the last 9+ minutes of the game. Say what you want, but Valley took over in the 4th and just wore NW down.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:17 am

The line was tired, but they wore NW out the last 9+ minutes of the game. Say what you want, but Valley took over in the 4th and just wore NW down.

Yeah we did but our line was worn out too 26 and 56 could barely move by end of game they was playing off pure adrenaline they just need to find 1 or 2 guys that can help and give these guys some rest
It helped that we didn’t have to cover deep passes so our defensive backs didn’t have to keep running deep

Return to “Football”