Week two; Minford at Chesapeake

Post by mglight88 »

Saturday at 830 pm
Anyone doing updates?

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Re: Week two; Minford at Chesapeake

Post by FalconFever02 »

I would say outside of current parents/family members the Minford football fan base is alienated, complacent and essentially non-existent.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

6-0 minford 2q

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

Halftime
Same score

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Any updates

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

13-0 minford
3q

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Score reported 33-0 Final Minford. Any truth to this?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nice win for Minford. Seems like people over there already giving up on this season. They young and probably aren’t going to compete for SOC II, but put a few wins together and see if you can sneak in expanded playoffs*

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

When you've got a young and inexperienced team you take any building blocks you can get and you just try to pile enough together to hope it was enough in the end. If nothing else you hope you've compiled enough to keep on building for the next season.

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Yeah youth is nice and exciting but many believe the ceiling has already been reached with this regime.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

FalconFever02 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:36 am Yeah youth is nice and exciting but many believe the ceiling has already been reached with this regime.
Very true, Minford seems to worry more about winning at the lower levels. I've spoke with a few different parents over the years and they all say how great they've done in pee wee and junior high and how this group is the group. Only to get to HS and everything is peaked out or simply not utilized the right way, last years seniors I believe went undefeated in JH yet spent their entire high school career as basically a .500 or slightly better ball club. Quite frankly the one thing I can say for Minford and I'm quite shocked to be honest with you is that you don't really see kids transfer out, nor do you see them come in though. Seems like the numbers dwindle though as they reach HS, and .500 is the norm and they're ok with that. Eventually though kids will start to get tired of it and want more it's inevitable.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I know nothing about the Panthers this year. Congrats to the Falcons on the win. Not surprised by the win, a little bit by the margin of the win.

Return to “Football”