WK 2: St Henry 12 @ Fort Frye 16 Final

Kirtland80
All State

Re: WK 2: St Henry (1-0) @ Fort Frye (1-0)

Post by Kirtland80 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:11 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 pm
Kirkland80 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:51 am

I think FF wins this one if they can get past the MAC mystic. Maybe in a year or two they will take a few more steps up and put Kirtland on the schedule.
FF gave us a game last time we played them. Nice name btw. I like FF in this one
I know our staff has tried hard to replicate the participation kirtland gets in the weight room and other strength training type stuff. The dedication kirtland kids have shown is enormous. Since that loss to kirtland our entire program has made a huge effort in getting and keeping our kids in the weight room. With much success :)
The undefeated seasons and the deep playoff runs show that dedication also. Keep up the good work and good luck

6O HORN3TS 🐝
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:59 pm
CFB1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:20 pm
efarns wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

I don't know why scheduling decisions are made. Also, I don't go around on other teams' message boards telling them who they should and shouldn't play.
I think some posters are growing tired of the “nobody will play us in Southeastern Ohio card” that a few on here are pushing, and the fact that the constant whining about schools dropping FF gets old. The fact is they had the chance to play a top D5 school within a reasonable distance in this part of Ohio in Week 2 and declined. That is why they are playing a school that has to travel 200 miles and 3.5 hours this weekend.
Playing up a few games is fine. Playing up 1 or 2 divisions for every game can be quite demanding. Is ff headed there, not quite yet. Have we scheduled "up" this year? For sure.

I think where ff is coming from, particularly when it comes to previous teams they have played for years is that ff took a beating for many years from woodsfield/monroe central, caldwell, and even Shenandoah and never once tried to get out of those games. But now, ff is dominating those series and those teams fled like they were on fire. Am i happy we are no longer playing those teams, for sure. I think it was a suprise that they dropped us and put us under alot of pressure finding games. Particularly finding a schedule that wasn't a gauntlet run after gauntlet run. I feel trimble is a great addition, ff and waterford will always play based on the economics alone, and hoping williamstown will keep us. But honestly, it's looking more and more like we are going to have to play a d5 type schedule moving forward. Love the pick up of st henry and lcc. Sometimes you don't have to be 10-0 to be the best team in your region. Just ask newark catholic
this is a very good point. MC, caldwell, Shenandoah refusing to play FF is the kicker. if we just had 5-6 games vs similar size schools we could count on every year that were somewhat local (MC, Caldwell, shenandoah, williamstown, trimble, waterford), scheudling would be a whole lot easier. and would have no trouble playing larger schools. as it stands...its a tough draw this year for the cadets

Blitzkreig77
Waterboy

Post by Blitzkreig77 »

Will this game be streamed?

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

Would like to watch it being streamed as well. Doubt it is but you never know.

Nothing better than a great tan on a nude beach!
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Blitzkreig77 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 am Will this game be streamed?
No stream

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I wish this was a Friday game because I’m so jacked up.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

redblue85 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:43 am
CFB1 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:20 pm

I think some posters are growing tired of the “nobody will play us in Southeastern Ohio card” that a few on here are pushing, and the fact that the constant whining about schools dropping FF gets old. The fact is they had the chance to play a top D5 school within a reasonable distance in this part of Ohio in Week 2 and declined. That is why they are playing a school that has to travel 200 miles and 3.5 hours this weekend.
Playing up a few games is fine. Playing up 1 or 2 divisions for every game can be quite demanding. Is ff headed there, not quite yet. Have we scheduled "up" this year? For sure.

I think where ff is coming from, particularly when it comes to previous teams they have played for years is that ff took a beating for many years from woodsfield/monroe central, caldwell, and even Shenandoah and never once tried to get out of those games. But now, ff is dominating those series and those teams fled like they were on fire. Am i happy we are no longer playing those teams, for sure. I think it was a suprise that they dropped us and put us under alot of pressure finding games. Particularly finding a schedule that wasn't a gauntlet run after gauntlet run. I feel trimble is a great addition, ff and waterford will always play based on the economics alone, and hoping williamstown will keep us. But honestly, it's looking more and more like we are going to have to play a d5 type schedule moving forward. Love the pick up of st henry and lcc. Sometimes you don't have to be 10-0 to be the best team in your region. Just ask newark catholic
this is a very good point. MC, caldwell, Shenandoah refusing to play FF is the kicker. if we just had 5-6 games vs similar size schools we could count on every year that were somewhat local (MC, Caldwell, shenandoah, williamstown, trimble, waterford), scheudling would be a whole lot easier. and would have no trouble playing larger schools. as it stands...its a tough draw this year for the cadets
According to Caldwell’s schedule they still play you and have played you every year since forever. Is this not happening in the future?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:17 pm

According to Caldwell’s schedule they still play you and have played you every year since forever. Is this not happening in the future?
Caldwell informed Fort Frye this will be the last season they play.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

All State Ot Casey Brooker is going to control the line of scrimmage.
Attachments
F423F7F2-FE16-4447-9F93-F3D961E9D408.jpeg

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:24 pm

Did not know that. Sad that game is ending to. Guess they want to try to schedule easier games for new coach

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

This is sad and makes no sense. You have to challenge yourself to get better and with all the teams making the playoffs you should. It also makes sense financially to play. The crowds at football and basketball games between Caldwell and Fort are always great. Is Caldwell keeping them in other sports?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Fort Frye in your matchup with St. Henry. Lets hope for an injury free game for both teams.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 pm

This is sad and makes no sense. You have to challenge yourself to get better and with all the teams making the playoffs you should. It also makes sense financially to play. The crowds at football and basketball games between Caldwell and Fort are always great. Is Caldwell keeping them in other sports?
I was told that only games Caldwell even makes good money on is Shenandoah and Fort Frye. AD must be smarter than everyone else. Probably looking to play Connotton Valley or Newcomerstown

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

D7 programs in this part of the state, with numbers the way they are, have to look out in their own interests. Not sure playing Ft. Frye accomplishes that.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:56 pm D7 programs in this part of the state, with numbers the way they are, have to look out in their own interests. Not sure playing Ft. Frye accomplishes that.
Except Tradition and huge financial gain.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:48 pm
redskinwitness wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:45 pm

I was told that only games Caldwell even makes good money on is Shenandoah and Fort Frye. AD must be smarter than everyone else. Probably looking to play Connotton Valley or Newcomerstown
Fort has dominated the past 5 years in football but before that Caldwell definitely had the upper hand. In hoops it’s almost always a great game and every few years Caldwell gets them. I’d actually say Caldwell will be favored in hoops this year. I hope Caldwell don’t drop them in anything. I was told Caldwell is being considered for the league Shenandoah just joined. Maybe that has something to do with it

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell has been pretty good vs Fort Frye since Coach Huck arrived

Caldwell vs Fort Frye

2020- Fort Frye (26-0)
2019- Fort Frye (56-7)
2018 - Fort Frye (42-8)
2017- Fort Frye (33-0)
2016- Fort Frye (59-22)
2015- Fort Frye (15-9)
2014- Caldwell (24-8)
2013- Caldwell (19-20 )
2012- Fort Frye ( 35-34)
2011- Caldwell ( 48-0)
2010- Caldwell (34-7)
2009- Fort Frye (10-7)
2008- Caldwell (21-7)

740Timothy
Waterboy

Post by 740Timothy »

Owen brown too much for St Henry’s to handle. Fort by 40.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:11 am
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:56 pm D7 programs in this part of the state, with numbers the way they are, have to look out in their own interests. Not sure playing Ft. Frye accomplishes that.
Except Tradition and huge financial gain.
It’s hard for FF because they came in as a really good program when everyone around them is experiencing some varying degree of program decline (usually numbers, corresponding to tough enrollment situations.) At the same time it’s hard to get teams to commit to games they’re going to be overmatched by numbers in.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck FF

Return to “Football”