August 27, 2021 Wheelersburg 26 - 3 Chillicothe

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2021 WK2 Chillicothe @ Wheelersburg

Post by wobycat »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:54 am
wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:39 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:46 pm Burg got dominated at the LOS. Their offensive line is pedestrian at best. Defense isnt all that great. Not as fast as advertised on here this past week.
Come on man. Be a little more open and less rose glasses. Burg stopped irontons first three possessions. I’ll admit Burg was outmatched at the LOS on the offensive side for burg. But two turnovers were gifts for ironton. The pick six I’ll give props. Kid made a great play.
Burg did a good job defensively in 1st quarter shuffling thru diff looks up front. Took Ironton about a quarter to find a rhythm and it was over from there.
So basically what I’m hearing is ironton with four transfers just beat a terrible team that gave up 4 turnovers and it took them until late fourth to put up the running clock only scoring twice in 2nd half.

So the narrative is ironton may not be as good if burg is as slow and weak as told on here. Took them a long time to dominate them if you ask me.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:50 pm

Come on man. Be a little more open and less rose glasses. Burg stopped irontons first three possessions. I’ll admit Burg was outmatched at the LOS on the offensive side for burg. But two turnovers were gifts for ironton. The pick six I’ll give props. Kid made a great play.
Burg did a good job defensively in 1st quarter shuffling thru diff looks up front. Took Ironton about a quarter to find a rhythm and it was over from there.
So basically what I’m hearing is ironton with four transfers just beat a terrible team that gave up 4 turnovers and it took them until late fourth to put up the running clock only scoring twice in 2nd half.

So the narrative is ironton may not be as good if burg is as slow and weak as told on here. Took them a long time to dominate them if you ask me.
Ehh. Stats tell a different story. Ironton played sloppy. Made some mental errors and accumulated nearly 90 yards worth of penalties. It these two team met in week 3 or 4 when things are normally executed a bit cleaner, Ironton may have put up 40 on Burg by halftime because Burgs offensive line was/is way overmatched in this matchup. The gap in talent is VISIBLE.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Intriguing game. Chillicothe will have its moments and some big plays. But Wheelersburg wins by 14-21

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:46 pm Burg got dominated at the LOS. Their offensive line is pedestrian at best. Defense isnt all that great. Not as fast as advertised on here this past week.
That's what happens when they get tired of physically being pounded. The 2-3 yard running plays turn into 7+ yard plays later in the game.

It's what Lutz did for years. Iso, trap, power. I watched many teams that got to the point they were running away from the blockers and if they couldn't stop a play, Ironton would run it until they did. And always come back to it later.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 pm

That's what happens when they get tired of physically being pounded. The 2-3 yard running plays turn into 7+ yard plays later in the game.

It's what Lutz did for years. Iso, trap, power. I watched many teams that got to the point they were running away from the blockers and if they couldn't stop a play, Ironton would run it until they did. And always come back to it later.

They wouldve/couldve dominated from jump but Burg mixed up their looks up front and it caused Ironton some early confusion. Once they adjusted they were ok HOWEVER they still committed a lot of penalties and didnt quite sustain a dominant push in running game. Still room for improvements. 💯

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Jv score:

Ironton 37
Burg 0

Burg fans, you cant continue scapegoating "recruiting" as an excuse.

Its pretty clear that Irontons young staff is plugged in w development and providing access to opportunities at the next level and lapping Burgs aging and perhaps slightly antiquated staff.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

Prime Time wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:02 am BigDaddyfrmCincinnati, your opinion of Ironton and Moeller. I predict a running clock or Moeller will have freshmen and jv in game early or even them not making the trip to Tank.
It'll be a 1st half matchup. If Ironton can score one TD, that's a win. If Ironton can hold them to one-3-in-out, that's a win. If Ironton can make them punt more than 3-times in the first half, it's a win. In this type of game, Ironton will have to take the small wins and use them to build momentum in order to hang around. If they can do this and not allow big plays---keep the clock moving, and hope for a chance at the end to pull off an upset.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:17 pm
Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:09 pm

They wouldve/couldve dominated from jump but Burg mixed up their looks up front and it caused Ironton some early confusion. Once they adjusted they were ok HOWEVER they still committed a lot of penalties and didnt quite sustain a dominant push in running game. Still room for improvements. 💯
I agree that Burgs coaching had a solid plan to keep Ironton off balance.....Burg has an excellent coaching staff. Being the first game of the season there will be a lot of emotions in that first quarter. And lots of stupid penalties. At the end of the day, Ironton was just stronger, meaner and better. Talent rose to the top.

Burg played hard and never quit....typical Burg kids. But at some point they got tired of the physicality of Ironton up front.

I still think the SOC 2 will come down to Burg and Waverly.

Ironton should easily run through the OVC.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg wins this game with ease. Historically they rebound after a tough loss and usually do it with flare. In the past they have run scores up the next game to prove a point. After some undue criticism (they were state champs 4 yrs ago), look for the coaching staff to run up some huge numbers against Chillicothe. JMO

TheMarchingCavalier
Waterboy

Post by TheMarchingCavalier »

Last week, one of Chillicothe's linemen went down with a heat cramp celebrating the first touchdown against TV... I rest my case. So many injury timeouts for heat cramps killed any momentum we could have built against TV as well as basic week one mistakes. Not to mention that our line got beat on every single play. Horrible conditioning for the heat and an undersized line will be the Cavs' downfall again. I take Burg with a big win and valuable playoff points, 41-10.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see any way Wheelersburg doesn't keep a running clock after three quarters. Chilli will be fine against teams that they can stack up better in terms of line play, you can't do that against Burg. Not this year.

Marching Band is a real sport!
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg 45
Chilli 14

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Don't think Chillicothe is that bad...31/19 Burg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:32 pm Burg 45
Chilli 14
You could be right, but I think Burg will have to figure out some things up front to put up 45.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:22 pm
PirateFan[69] wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:32 pm Burg 45
Chilli 14
You could be right, but I think Burg will have to figure out some things up front to put up 45.
I agree. Burg played great defensively for the most part in ironton game. They struggled late because offense couldn’t get going. Credit ironton defense too but you could tell burg hasn’t figured out all their pieces. I suspect they will be better offensively in this game, but not sure if they can get to 45 yet.

If they do, then they’ve really took a huge step forward

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SpeedKillz wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:33 pm Jv score:

Ironton 37
Burg 0

Its pretty clear that Irontons young staff is plugged in w development and providing access to opportunities at the next level and lapping Burgs aging and perhaps slightly antiquated staff.

This shows you how effing clueless you are!!! Most of Burg's better Sophomore's are playing varsity this year. 4 Sophomore's started on the OL in the varsity game. The QB for Burg is a Sophomore so he didn't play in the JV game.

Hell, if you want to start trimming hairs, Burg's 8th grade team won by I think 14 or 21. Heard it wasn't even close.

You will see a different Burg team this week. Trust me!!!!

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Ironton 37
Burg 0

This shows you how effing clueless you are!!! Most of Burg's better Sophomore's are playing varsity this year. 4 Sophomore's started on the OL in the varsity game. The QB for Burg is a Sophomore so he didn't play in the JV game.

Hell, if you want to start trimming hairs, Burg's 8th grade team won by I think 14 or 21. Heard it wasn't even close.

Ironton started 3 sophomores and several juniors who had never played a varsity down til last Friday. Don’t think that Ironton is all seniors. You Burg fans love to twist the narrative that you played all young kids and teams that beat you are older. The QB that torched you was a Sophomore as well by the way.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

XandOs wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Ironton 37
Burg 0

Ironton started 3 sophomores and several juniors who had never played a varsity down til last Friday. Don’t think that Ironton is all seniors. You Burg fans love to twist the narrative that you played all young kids and teams that beat you are older. The QB that torched you was a Sophomore as well by the way.

Maybe not played varsity for Ironton!!!

Sorry, just had to!!!!!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG rebounds in this game and I like them by a couple scores. Jackson is a beast but I see BURG going into SOC play at 3-2.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton 37
Burg 0

This is the narrative.

Ironton dominated in returning experience outside of their Sophomore QB who is the irontons best athlete in that class. The seniors at burg have know for awhile that they were a small group coming up.

The three new additions, 7,5, and 3 to irontons roster also mss made the tigers a lot more potent.

Having said that, burg offensive line had trouble with trying to move ironton. Irontons defensive line is the best in this area by far.

Burg played very good defense but the in ability to run coupled by the turnovers made this game super lopsided in score.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

wobycat wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:01 pm

This is the narrative.

Ironton dominated in returning experience outside of their Sophomore QB who is the irontons best athlete in that class. The seniors at burg have know for awhile that they were a small group coming up.

The three new additions, 7,5, and 3 to irontons roster also mss made the tigers a lot more potent.

Having said that, burg offensive line had trouble with trying to move ironton. Irontons defensive line is the best in this area by far.

Burg played very good defense but the in ability to run coupled by the turnovers made this game super lopsided in score.
I thought this was a Chillicothe at Wheelersburg thread? Why are most rehashing the Wheelersburg/Ironton game?

Return to “Football”