August 27, 2021 Wheelersburg 26 - 3 Chillicothe

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Re: 2021 WK2 Chillicothe @ Wheelersburg

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

frankie wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:36 pm Here we go with "The game was really closer than the score indicated" . Take away this and that and the Burg wins. LMAO!!!
No doubt, and next we're gonna hear how Chilli got all these transfers from outta the woodwork of Ross Co. I used to hear how West Portsmouth was the biggest bunch of sore losers in that area, but hell, these burgers take the cake.

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Don’t they make you chuckle with there logic. Unreal

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Bigdaddyfrcincinnati, your opinion of Ironton and Moeller. I predict a running clock or Moeller will have freshmen and jv in game early or even them not making the trip to Tank.

Seeyaat7
Waterboy

Post by Seeyaat7 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 am Wheelersburg competed well the first half against Ironton. They have a lot of pride and are well coached.

The 3-4 that Wheelersburg came out in confused Ironton for most of the first half. They have good linebackers and a good nose, but the overall talent level isn’t close to what they have had. I believe as team gets film on them they will have more and more issues especially if they aren’t able to possess the ball on offense

Worst offensive line I have seen at Wheelersburg. They are gonna struggle moving and possessing the football against good teams

No idea what Chillicothe has but Wheelersburg is gonna have to overachieve to compete against good teams
Totally agree!! ... and please allow me to add, 4 turnovers is absolutely unacceptable against anyone. Granted, an extremely inexperienced qb doesn't help, and like mentioned above, a line that is average at best. We can't run the ball no matter how good our backs are if there isn't holes to run through, which was proven Friday night. I think our backers and secondary are really good and our defense as a whole will keep us in a few big games moving forward this year. I'm betting we have a great week of practice working on those "not so good areas" this week, and can get the W this week against the Cavilers at the Ed.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:46 pm Burg got dominated at the LOS. Their offensive line is pedestrian at best. Defense isnt all that great. Not as fast as advertised on here this past week.
Burg looked good on the Dline until the turnovers started. Ironton big strong line wore them out. Can’t go by one game and too many turnovers. Now I agree with you on Oline they need work or help fast!!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Kicker. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 pm If burg cuts the turnovers in half this is 10-14 point win, no turnover I think they win 24+
You’re right about turnovers. Burg D is built for speed but the offense turns it over like Friday it’s another long night, Ironton big line wore the smaller fast D down and had their way but before that burg flew to the ball.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Burg is much better than the 40-6 score in their last outing. Anyone calling this to be burgs demise will be sadly mistaken.

It does become quite annoying to hear the what if’s and what the score should of been. But in all fairness The only thing lacking at burg is humility. Now the pressure is off and look for them to roll.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

14U wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:42 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:46 pm Burg got dominated at the LOS. Their offensive line is pedestrian at best. Defense isnt all that great. Not as fast as advertised on here this past week.
Burg looked good on the Dline until the turnovers started. Ironton big strong line wore them out. Can’t go by one game and too many turnovers. Now I agree with you on Oline they need work or help fast!!

Yup they held court for about a quarter but they were just treading water. The size and speed of Ironton plus the inexperience for Burg up front just caught up w em fast. Ironton linebackers established residency in burgs backfield.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Seeyaat7 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:26 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 am Wheelersburg competed well the first half against Ironton. They have a lot of pride and are well coached.

The 3-4 that Wheelersburg came out in confused Ironton for most of the first half. They have good linebackers and a good nose, but the overall talent level isn’t close to what they have had. I believe as team gets film on them they will have more and more issues especially if they aren’t able to possess the ball on offense

Worst offensive line I have seen at Wheelersburg. They are gonna struggle moving and possessing the football against good teams

No idea what Chillicothe has but Wheelersburg is gonna have to overachieve to compete against good teams
Totally agree!! ... and please allow me to add, 4 turnovers is absolutely unacceptable against anyone. Granted, an extremely inexperienced qb doesn't help, and like mentioned above, a line that is average at best. We can't run the ball no matter how good our backs are if there isn't holes to run through, which was proven Friday night. I think our backers and secondary are really good and our defense as a whole will keep us in a few big games moving forward this year. I'm betting we have a great week of practice working on those "not so good areas" this week, and can get the W this week against the Cavilers at the Ed.
Those 4 turnovers occured because they were playing on their heels all night. Irontons defensive line did whatever it wanted. Ironton linebackers did whatever they wanted. They beat up and bullied Lattimore. Ironton secondary w only ONE returning starter put burgs qb in a hilight reel.

On defense: Keys & Washington set up residency in Burgs backfield.

Story coming into this game from burgs fans was their speed.

Ironton made Burg look slow.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

14U wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:49 pm
Kicker. wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:41 pm If burg cuts the turnovers in half this is 10-14 point win, no turnover I think they win 24+
You’re right about turnovers. Burg D is built for speed but the offense turns it over like Friday it’s another long night, Ironton big line wore the smaller fast D down and had their way but before that burg flew to the ball.
Burg wasnt faster either. Not at all. Irontons D line & Linebackers were the fastest guys on the field all night long. Keys & Washington bullied Lattimore. 💯

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:10 am Burg wins big. Chillicothe is not very good.
Neither is Burg

Toss up

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

smurray wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:29 am You have to take the Pirates at home in this one. Ironton handed it to em but Chillicothe isn’t Ironton.
No idea how good Chillicothe is but I can’t imagine them going to Wheelersburg and coming out of there with the W.
With Burgs o line they can get beat anywhere in these next 4weeks. If you come out 2 - 3 Id be pragmatic if i were you.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

wobycat wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:39 pm
Come on man. Be a little more open and less rose glasses. Burg stopped irontons first three possessions. I’ll admit Burg was outmatched at the LOS on the offensive side for burg. But two turnovers were gifts for ironton. The pick six I’ll give props. Kid made a great play.
Burg did a good job defensively in 1st quarter shuffling thru diff looks up front. Took Ironton about a quarter to find a rhythm and it was over from there.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I admit that Burg is quick but that does no good when the players are getting knocked on their backs. Not sure what Chillicothe has but they played D2 Teays Valley pretty tough, so they arent awful and I am sure they have some size and speed of their own.

I will go with Burg but no result would surprise me.

Didnt get to see how good the Burg back (Lattimore?) is because he rarely got out of the backfield against Ironton, but he really missed some key blocks and didnt look like he played that hard if the ball wasnt in his hands.

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Biggest jump is from week 1 to week 2 I look for Chillicothe to be much better this week 3 big plays cost them the game against Teays Valley and talking to some Teays fans this is expected to be one of their best teams in some time. Don’t know how good brug is this season because Ironton is the class of se Ohio. We’ll know more about both teams after this week I’ll take Chilli 28-21

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

14U wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:58 pm Ok you take 3 fumbles and one INT away this is a different game. Burgs not bad but again this year lost players before the season. In that junior class there are 4 players that started from 7 grade up that’s out or left. To me it looks like burgs numbers are down from years past. Let’s get back to turnovers. How many was in a 1st and goal? Or just dropped without being hit? With all the turnovers the D wore down!! Also special teams. Blocking needs to be better. Many times the tigers about blocked punts and did on extra point, right through the middle. There is a lot for burg to work on but they’ll be ready Friday. I seen burg do a lot of things they haven’t done before. The coaching staff will get together and get things fixed. Last thing it looks like they lost another starter last night has anybody heard what happen to number 4? Also I seen a few other limping or needing help off field.
So can Ironton take away the 2 long pass plays? Maybe just maybe there were good reasons they fumbled.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I don’t bet against burg at home against anyone in any sport!
Way too much pride within that community. Regardless of struggles I think they win at home Friday.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BURG wins this one

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Chillicothe in a close one. They seem to come up big in games like this especially when they are counted out. They always will have athletes and be able to match all times in SE Ohio just because of the size of their school. When things click for Chillicothe they can be pretty good. Teays Valley has been decent of late so should be a good game.

Chillicothe by 7 even though the game is at the Burg lol.

Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

Burgby at least 21

Return to “Football”