JV Team

Re: WK 1: Belpre @ Warren

Post by Fletchlives »

Warren by as many as they want.

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Has anyone heard anything about Belpre’s scrimmage performances? I don’t see Warren losing this game but don’t got a clue what Belpre’s got.

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Frontier beat them 7 TDS to 0

redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

chrishilton91 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:18 am Frontier beat them 7 TDS to 0

Well then...think Belpre's in trouble, don't think Frontier was supposed to have a lot back

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

I expect the warriors to roll in this one. It’ll be hard for this warrior fan to get much sleep this week. First game on new field, celebrating 50 years of warren football, and the buzzards are coming down 339 to lock horns with the warriors. We may have lost a lot but I fully expect a win here. LETS GO BLUE!!!

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Eerily quiet… ANYWAYS it’s GAMEDAY and I’m pumped up. Let’s go blue!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warriors321 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:33 am Eerily quiet… ANYWAYS it’s GAMEDAY and I’m pumped up. Let’s go blue!
First game of the year, rivalry, and a new field couldn't ask for much more, Go Blue!

Go Blue
redblue85
Freshman Team

Post by redblue85 »

Even tho Warren lost a lot, believe they roll tonight, Cant see Belpre being good this yr

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

Would love to see Belpre pull off the upset but Warren should win this game without to much trouble.

Belpre is young and undersized at most positions.

Good luck and good health to both teams.

As always....LETS GO EAGLES!!!

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Warren takes 7-0 lead early 2nd qtr. On about a 65 yd run. Belpre scores next possession on about 85 yard pass. Warren leads 7-6, 9 minutes left in first half.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Warren leads 14-6

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

Warren scores on an 82 yd run with 25 sec. Left in 1st half.
Warren leads at the half 20-6

22whs03
Waterboy

Post by 22whs03 »

Honestly, this game surprised me. Belpre isn't as bad as I thought they would be and warren isn't as good as I thought they would be. Belpre has no run defense and Warren's passing game was not very good. Warren needs a go to wide receiver but Williams makes up for it running. Both teams had way too many mistakes. Belpre doesn't have the depth and subs. One of Belpre's players (I believe he scored a touchdown) went for medical attention at halftime and never returned.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Despite the score, I came away more impressed with Belpre. Belpre may have dressed 16 players, (disappointing considering the new cosch) but they played TOUGH. In the end Warren was able to use their advantage up front and take advantage of Belpre's lack of depth. Warrens running back had a HUGE game, had to have been close to 300 yards. Warrens OLine dominated up front, and there were many times he wasn't getting touched until 10 yards downfield. That boy was quick and he ran hard for his size. It was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. So many mistakes. Warren really had opportunities to put this game away early. Had some wide open receivers, but a combination of Taylor being off, and receivers dropping way too many open passes, Warren wasn't able to execute. I suspect they will get that fixed.

I think its going to be a difficult season for both teams. Good luck to Belpre, I will be rooting for those kids. Hard to play a season with less than 20 kids.

Go Blue!

chrishilton91
Freshman Team

Post by chrishilton91 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:20 am Despite the score, I came away more impressed with Belpre. Belpre may have dressed 16 players, (disappointing considering the new cosch) but they played TOUGH. In the end Warren was able to use their advantage up front and take advantage of Belpre's lack of depth. Warrens running back had a HUGE game, had to have been close to 300 yards. Warrens OLine dominated up front, and there were many times he wasn't getting touched until 10 yards downfield. That boy was quick and he ran hard for his size. It was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. So many mistakes. Warren really had opportunities to put this game away early. Had some wide open receivers, but a combination of Taylor being off, and receivers dropping way too many open passes, Warren wasn't able to execute. I suspect they will get that fixed.

I think its going to be a difficult season for both teams. Good luck to Belpre, I will be rooting for those kids. Hard to play a season with less than 20 kids.

Go Blue!
It's what I predicted but many on here said give him a chance. Embarrasing. He started with over 30 kids but ran them off with the way he speaks to kids.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

chrishilton91 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:24 am
Bucknuts88 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:20 am Despite the score, I came away more impressed with Belpre. Belpre may have dressed 16 players, (disappointing considering the new cosch) but they played TOUGH. In the end Warren was able to use their advantage up front and take advantage of Belpre's lack of depth. Warrens running back had a HUGE game, had to have been close to 300 yards. Warrens OLine dominated up front, and there were many times he wasn't getting touched until 10 yards downfield. That boy was quick and he ran hard for his size. It was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. So many mistakes. Warren really had opportunities to put this game away early. Had some wide open receivers, but a combination of Taylor being off, and receivers dropping way too many open passes, Warren wasn't able to execute. I suspect they will get that fixed.

Go Blue!
It's what I predicted but many on here said give him a chance. Embarrasing. He started with over 30 kids but ran them off with the way he speaks to kids.
Yes, the first tough step in changing a losing culture is to weed out those who aren’t interested in changing the losing culture.

The problem for Belpre is that too many people will never be interested in changing that losing culture.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Go Blue!
Or they're just soft.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Ff3233 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:33 am

Go Blue!
Or they're just soft.
I'm a little concerned here. Are we saying the kids quit because he was too tough on them? He's a motivational speaker. I played for some pretty hard nose coaches. Maybe the times have changed? Is it one of those deals or has he legit been abusive? I can't imagine a third of your roster quitting on you. Hate to hear that

Return to “Football”