2021 VALLEY INDIANS FOOTBALL

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Re: 2021 VALLEY INDIANS FOOTBALL

Post by Voice of Reason »

I saw a team play their guts out until their depth and health took its toll. There's winnable games left on Valley's schedule but they are treading on thin ice if the injury bug hits. I think they played 13-14 kids last night, maybe a few others for a snap or two. That's tough against bigger (numbers wise) deeper teams.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:20 am
coop wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:16 am How’d the jamboree game with ND go?
Valley started out and took the ball down the field 70 yards in about 9 plays. They fumbled at the goal line and it turned into a touchback for ND.

Valley's next drive was derailed by a chop block and stalled out around the ND 20 if I remember right.

Valley went about 40 yards in 40 some seconds late in the half and kicked a FG from 42 yards I believe.

ND didn't have a first down (and were probably negative 20 or so yards) until the last two minutes of the first half. They hit a pass for 20-25 to Campbell that set them up on the Valley 12. The next 3 plays resulted in losses of 30 yards and Valley took over at the 42.

The 2nd half was all JV and both teams scored on long plays. Valley's a pass and ND's was a run.

It looked like everyone got out healthy and now focus can turn to Portsmouth in 6 days.
Typical ND play. I bet there is a 5’5 lineman trying to block for a 6’0 running back. The three goal line plays were probably to the “featured Back” behind those infamous pulling guards.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:35 am
RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 pm Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!
One of the worst posts in the history of this site.....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is so true. Players play the first half, and coaches are the huge factor in the second half if the talent is equal.

RelaxGoat

Post by RelaxGoat »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:12 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:04 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:35 am [quote=RiverBallFan1 post_id=<a href="tel:1942073">1942073</a> time=<a href="tel:1629427701">1629427701</a> user_id=17311]
Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!
One of the worst posts in the history of this site.....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For sure. Valley has no business being up 3 at the half. Talent wins games. The next 3 years are gonna be rough and no coach can change that

Talent and depth wins games. Valley has some talent. They have zero depth. They are learning to live as a D7 school while still playing the D4/D5 schedule.
[/quote]

Talent wins games for whomever is the coach. Coaches win games when the talent is down. Otherwise, why would you need a coach?

Return to “Football”