2021 VALLEY INDIANS FOOTBALL

Izladoom
All State

Re: 2021 VALLEY INDIANS FOOTBALL

Post by Izladoom »

I think valleys season will come down to health as always. They could finish anywhere from 8-2 to 5-5.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Coal Grove game is a toss up
Probable wins over Minford and Oak Hill
Bad losses to the 3 W’s

Voice of Reason
Riding the Bench

Post by Voice of Reason »

Like many have said on here, Valley's health will go a long way towards determining their success. They don't have much depth from what I have seen/heard.

Portsmouth - Valley (Portsmouth probably a slight favorite)
Valley - Coal Grove (Pick'em)
Valley - Piketon (Piketon is possibly the favorite if they can play defense)
Beaver Eastern - Valley (Valley)
Northwest - Valley (Valley)
Valley - Oak Hill (Valley)
Waverly - Valley (Waverly)
Valley - Portsmouth West (West)
Valley - Wheelersburg (Burg)
Minford - Valley (Probably Valley, but this game is always wild)

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Will the weather for Thursday play in one teams favor more?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

transplant wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:58 am Will the weather for Thursday play in one teams favor more?
On turf, I don't think it matters all that much. But if it becomes an issue, it would probably play into Valley's favor. I think the Indians will try to pound the ball and control the clock. Portsmouth will spread it out and throw it.

Less than 80 hours until kick.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Thanks, I figured Valley would try to pound the ball and control the clock, as they will in most games. But both teams have QB's with good arms. Wasn't sure of Portsmouth's run game or their run defense. If the rain continues and causes trouble for Portsmouth to throw the ball, I'll go with the Indians. Should be a good game to open the season.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Very disappointing year for the Indians. Even good coaching wont be enough.

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

smurray wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:48 pm
GoAt 10 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:35 pm Despite numbers, valley is always a tough out. Look for them to get beat by Burg/Waverly but compete with west/Minford. Good luck and stay healthy!
And Oak Hill?
Yes! Sorry forgot Oak Hill in there. And sideblood, I’m not saying valley is going to beat west, or the other two Teams mentioned, but if they stay healthy I think they have a enough to compete. Just my opinion.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I hope to see the numbers improve for Valley, I counted 29 in that team photo, and I believe thats less than Green, who has 31 kids out.

Looking forward to seeing how things shake out for Valley, they have a great staff, great facilities(especially the new field house being built), and a great community.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:47 pm Very disappointing year for the Indians. Even good coaching wont be enough.
Barring a bunch of injuries, Valley will be just fine. Their first group will be very competitive. Depth is the issue as Valley is closing in on D7 numbers. But their first group on both sides of the ball will keep them in a lot of games.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

It is my understanding that Valley would have most likely been a DVII squad had the state done the normal realighment. Having acknowledged the smaller numbers Valley still returns several starters and will hold their own. The big chiefs up front will be a strong point and the skill position players are athletic. I am looking forward to Thursday, I believe Valley will control the line and the game.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

transplant wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:29 pm Thanks, I figured Valley would try to pound the ball and control the clock, as they will in most games. But both teams have QB's with good arms. Wasn't sure of Portsmouth's run game or their run defense. If the rain continues and causes trouble for Portsmouth to throw the ball, I'll go with the Indians. Should be a good game to open the season.
Portsmouth has a really solid couple of backs…but the line is a huge question mark, per usual. Not sure about run defense tbh. What I’ve read is they held Waverly in check on the ground in the scrimmage. That said I’ve heard Waverly was missing several starters on the OL and were very vanilla with play calling. So it’s hard to say, traditionally Portsmouth hasn’t been able to stop the run. Everyone knows that and attacks it. I think we will see a lot of points scored in this game if the weather cooperates.

Who Dey!
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

PTrojan59 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:41 pm
transplant wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:29 pm Thanks, I figured Valley would try to pound the ball and control the clock, as they will in most games. But both teams have QB's with good arms. Wasn't sure of Portsmouth's run game or their run defense. If the rain continues and causes trouble for Portsmouth to throw the ball, I'll go with the Indians. Should be a good game to open the season.
Portsmouth has a really solid couple of backs…but the line is a huge question mark, per usual. Not sure about run defense tbh. What I’ve read is they held Waverly in check on the ground in the scrimmage. That said I’ve heard Waverly was missing several starters on the OL and were very vanilla with play calling. So it’s hard to say, traditionally Portsmouth hasn’t been able to stop the run. Everyone knows that and attacks it. I think we will see a lot of points scored in this game if the weather cooperates.
Sounds about right, i agree, last team with the ball wins?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:47 pm Very disappointing year for the Indians. Even good coaching wont be enough.
They return quite a bit off a young team, I'd say they're in that 6-7 win range and given where they've been I'd say most Valley faithful will take that. They will also be much more competitive this year against those top teams they've got a couple toss up games in Portsmouth and West that could push them closer to the 6-8 win mark depending how it falls. I think Valley takes CG, after watching Portsmouth though they can turn it into a track meet and I don't think Valley wants that. If they play discipline ball and Roe is kept in the pocket I'll take Valley in that one.

RiverBallFan1
Freshman Team

Post by RiverBallFan1 »

Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!

"Come on Dave, give me a break" Ted Templeton UNCHAINED!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 pm Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!
Wut?*

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

RiverBallFan1 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:48 pm Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!
One of the worst posts in the history of this site.....Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:35 am [quote=RiverBallFan1 post_id=<a href="tel:1942073">1942073</a> time=<a href="tel:1629427701">1629427701</a> user_id=17311]
Players win the first half, coaching wins the second half…Coaching lost tonight!!
[/quote]

For sure. Valley has no business being up 3 at the half. Talent wins games. The next 3 years are gonna be rough and no coach can change that

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:04 am
Crab's Brother wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:35 am [quote=RiverBallFan1 post_id=<a href="tel:1942073">1942073</a> time=<a href="tel:1629427701">1629427701</a> user_id=17311]
For sure. Valley has no business being up 3 at the half. Talent wins games. The next 3 years are gonna be rough and no coach can change that
[/quote]

Talent and depth wins games. Valley has some talent. They have zero depth. They are learning to live as a D7 school while still playing the D4/D5 schedule.

Return to “Football”