Mascot Issues Again Surface...Cleveland To Drop 'Indians'...Will High Schools Do The Same?

Chief02
Varsity

Re: Mascot Issues Again Surface...Cleveland To Drop 'Indians'...Will High Schools Do The Same?

Post by Chief02 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:33 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:31 pm
Chief02 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:09 pm

I didn’t rail against things that aren’t socially unacceptable anymore. I provided examples of how views change over time and each time that happens you have factions such as yourself throwing a temper tantrum. As for the Chieftain head mascot, I think it is still acceptable. It’s not a do as I say, not as I do approach. I apply a little logic and middle ground which is the school attempts to pay homage to the namesake of our town. Is the Chieftain head dress accurate to the Mingo tribe? Not really, but it is somewhat accurate to Logan’s father, Chief Shikellamy of the Iroquois tribe.
Listen Paladin! This whole thing stinks but it is what it is. I personally think its a great time to listen to some new ideas. Maybe the kids in your town dont want to be the cheftains anymore. Its not like you have some storied tradition like Ironton or Athens. Change might be good. Then you wont have to embrace the suck of the current athletic department anymore.
No sense arguing with that guy Howard. He's a "do as I say and I'll do whatever the he11 I want" kind of guy and when you call him out he throws a fit. Yea, much like Paladin. If he's not him he's surely a crony. :mrgreen:
Sorry, no Paladin here KD. :lol:

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Re: Mascot Issues Again Surface...Cleveland To Drop 'Indians'...Will High Schools Do The Same?

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:37 pm
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:31 pm

Listen Paladin! This whole thing stinks but it is what it is. I personally think its a great time to listen to some new ideas. Maybe the kids in your town dont want to be the cheftains anymore. Its not like you have some storied tradition like Ironton or Athens. Change might be good. Then you wont have to embrace the suck of the current athletic department anymore.
No sense arguing with that guy Howard. He's a "do as I say and I'll do whatever the he11 I want" kind of guy and when you call him out he throws a fit. Yea, much like Paladin. If he's not him he's surely a crony. :mrgreen:
Hey now, that's supposed to be a secret. :mrgreen:

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:41 pm

What KDogg? :lol: It’s been a fun debate today. Go Chiefs!

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Chief02 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:44 pm

There you go with that slur again. Shame on you for not sticking to your own standards. :o

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Chief Kdogg wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:47 pm
Chief02 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:44 pm

There you go with that slur again. Shame on you for not sticking to your own standards. :o
Dang it

Snowflake
Freshman Team

Post by Snowflake »

It's all offensive. It all gotta go. I say no nicknames so as to protect the feelings of everyone who could possibly be offended. Now with the democrats back in power we can get this done I just know we can.

"Yes we must continue to wear the masks even after getting the vaccine..."

-A. Fauci

Return to “Football”