HANG ON! OHSAA To Move State Football Championships To Massillon

Kirtland80
All State

Re: HANG ON! OHSAA To Move State Football Championships To Massillon

Post by Kirtland80 »

Steely Dan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:10 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm
Beergogglebluez wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:16 pm darn. I had a ticket for the kirtland and ironton game. Living in Portsmouth I’m not making that drive. The decision makes no sense.
It’s because Franklin county officials issued a stay at home order starting 6 pm tomorrow I believe lasting what I read was 28 days
Hold on here just a minute. I'm not playing semantics. Franklin county officials issued an "advisory", not an order. This is the biggest bunch of BS I think I have ever witnessed out of the OHSAA. One day before the games begin, and now you shift them 120 miles north to another site, with the teams having already made hotel arrangements for family, etc? What a f'n disaster this is going to be. Way too much politicking and back scratching going on here. Bullshit.
Ok I misused a word but that is the reason. I don’t care much for it either. Not for us but for teams like you guys and the auglaize county and Mercer county schools also. I don’t choose sites. I think it’s more than fair in or around Columbus or Jackson even but even at Jackson you’d still have teams traveling further but I don’t mind where we travel. It’s a road trip to me
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

henrysteele wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:00 pm It seems probable that Massillon offered free usage of their stadium. Most schools would do so in order for their team to play at home for a state title.

OHSAA makes more money. Massillon gets a real edge on a state title for their school. A win-win. LOL

Not sure why Ironton has agreed to this. Expenses for Ironton go up significantly. Ironton's band is now staying home. Kirtland saves money, and their kids can sleep in on Saturday.

Will Ironton be forced to leave very early on Saturday morning, ride more than 4 hours on a bus, and then march out to play? Where does Ironton find money for a hotel? Could they even find a hotel at this point?

"OHSAA sucks!" I hope the few Ironton fans allowed in shout that throughout the game.
It’s not Kirtlands fault but the kids won’t sleep in on Saturday. 9 am or so they will be in the weight room

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:34 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:10 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:19 pm

It’s because Franklin county officials issued a stay at home order starting 6 pm tomorrow I believe lasting what I read was 28 days
Hold on here just a minute. I'm not playing semantics. Franklin county officials issued an "advisory", not an order. This is the biggest bunch of BS I think I have ever witnessed out of the OHSAA. One day before the games begin, and now you shift them 120 miles north to another site, with the teams having already made hotel arrangements for family, etc? What a f'n disaster this is going to be. Way too much politicking and back scratching going on here. Bullshit.
I almost always agree with your posts Steely and this is spot on also......and as I told Kirtland80 on another post earlier that even with that 6 pm mandate, it would be enforced as much a fine for littering or parking in a disabled parking space here in Franklin county. :D
Talk with OHSAA get it moved back. Like I said, we’d come to tanks if we could. Road game no different than home to us

6O HORN3TS 🐝
henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I know a lot about weight lifting. I am still one of the strong guys at my gym.

If your coaches are dumb enough to have them lifting a few hours before a game of such magnitude, they are nuts. Last thing you would want is a bum knee from squatting or a sore shoulder from benching putting a key player out for the state championship game.

Credit luck for no such injury occurring in the past at your school. Lifting injuries happen with the best of lifters and trainers. I have seen some nasty injuries from equipment breakage and pushing the envelope too hard.

Ironton has always had that attitude about traveling to play, too. Nice attitude to have, but there is a reason home teams get points from gambling handicappers.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

henrysteele wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 pm I know a lot about weight lifting. I am still one of the strong guys at my gym.

If your coaches are dumb enough to have them lifting a few hours before a game of such magnitude, they are nuts. Last thing you would want is a bum knee from squatting or a sore shoulder from benching putting a key player out for the state championship game.

Credit luck for no such injury occurring in the past at your school. Lifting injuries happen with the best of lifters and trainers. I have seen some nasty injuries from equipment breakage and pushing the envelope too hard.

Ironton has always had that attitude about traveling to play, too. Nice attitude to have, but there is a reason home teams get points from gambling handicappers.
Yeah I read that wrong. Thought it said Sunday. Was trying to reply to too many things lol. They do lift a lot. Like every day of the year a lot but no injuries due to that so far. They gotta make up their size disadvantages somehow so they lift and lift and work on strength. Irontons line is way more beefier than ours is

6O HORN3TS 🐝
henrysteele
JV Team

Post by henrysteele »

I have a great appreciation for Kirtland's iron game. No doubt it has played a key role in the growth of Kirtland football into what it is today.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Last year, per man, Kirtland was the faster team and it made all the difference. If thats the case again, Kirtland will win by at least 2 scores.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:28 pm Last year, per man, Kirtland was the faster team and it made all the difference. If thats the case again, Kirtland will win by at least 2 scores.
They are fast. We don’t have the size. Strength and speed is what we rely on

6O HORN3TS 🐝
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm Little choice if you were going to have fans available at the game.

And playing Hoban at Massillon will not be much help for Massillon
I like Massillon in that game. I think they finally get over the hump. Hoban been having some mishaps lately
I hope you have better luck picking tomorrow than tonight. Because, it’s going to be a long night in PBS for the local team.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:47 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:29 pm Little choice if you were going to have fans available at the game.

And playing Hoban at Massillon will not be much help for Massillon
I like Massillon in that game. I think they finally get over the hump. Hoban been having some mishaps lately
I hope you have better luck picking tomorrow than tonight. Because, it’s going to be a long night in PBS for the local team.
It’s looking that way. I may be wrong on this one. I’ve hit all the others so far

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What a COS??? Who didn’t see this coming! Stark co mafia must have spoke up on this one and demanded them moved back.

On a side note doesn’t the state pay for the hotels? If they do I hope it hits them hard. Serves them right. Don’t they realize they needed all of the fans they could get and I guarantee this takes fans away.

thebarlowbandit
All State

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 pm What a COS??? Who didn’t see this coming! Stark co mafia must have spoke up on this one and demanded them moved back.

On a side note doesn’t the state pay for the hotels? If they do I hope it hits them hard. Serves them right. Don’t they realize they needed all of the fans they could get and I guarantee this takes fans away.
Limited to 1,500 people regardless. But in Franklin county that was looking unlikely. The county is Purple, not all schools let you travel to a purple county.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:28 pm What a COS??? Who didn’t see this coming! Stark co mafia must have spoke up on this one and demanded them moved back.

Limited to 1,500 people regardless. But in Franklin county that was looking unlikely. The county is Purple, not all schools let you travel to a purple county.
That's funny! Isn't Ohio State playing in Franklin county today at Noon??????
Trust me, there were other venues in other centrally located counties that were never even asked. Massilon just happened to "step up" and host the games. Not buying it. Something going on between someone at OHSAA and someone in Stark county. JMO!!!!!

thebarlowbandit
All State

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:07 am

Trust me, there were other venues in other centrally located counties that were never even asked. Massilon just happened to "step up" and host the games. Not buying it. Something going on between someone at OHSAA and someone in Stark county. JMO!!!!!
Yes they are and WITH NO FANS, NOT EVEN PARENTS, also, the OSU game will be over before 6:00 when the Franklin Co curfew goes into effects. You really think schools, who are state agencies are going to violate the rules of other state agencies?

thebarlowbandit
All State

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:34 am

Yes they are and WITH NO FANS, NOT EVEN PARENTS, also, the OSU game will be over before 6:00 when the Franklin Co curfew goes into effects. You really think schools, who are state agencies are going to violate the rules of other state agencies?
And find me a Central Ohio stadium who can hold the requirement and was willing! I’ll be waiting!

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

As much as I enjoy a good conspiracy, there is Occam's Razor: the simple and obvious answer is more than likely the correct answer. In this case it is fear of covid. We should be thankful the high school football season in Ohio will reach a conclusion

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:01 pm
Mad-Dogg wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:49 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:45 pm

I’ve heard about their stadium too. Burg travels really well. I was at the 2017 championship game and there probably wasn’t a person left in Wheelersburg. That would be fun too
There might have been a few people left lol
There was A LOT there! I think the announcer even commented on it. Great to see a turnout like that for a team 4 hours or so away
We travel good

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Omega wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:20 am

As much as I enjoy a good conspiracy, there is Occam's Razor: the simple and obvious answer is more than likely the correct answer. In this case it is fear of covid. We should be thankful the high school football season in Ohio will reach a conclusion
Can’t forget the crew play at home today too

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
BuckeyeBond
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckeyeBond »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:35 am

And find me a Central Ohio stadium who can hold the requirement and was willing! I’ll be waiting!
Selby Stadium at Ohio Wesleyan has held D-1 playoff games & could have held this years games if at all possible. It’s centrally located and hold around 10k.

thebarlowbandit
All State

BuckeyeBond wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:06 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:35 am

Selby Stadium at Ohio Wesleyan has held D-1 playoff games & could have held this years games if at all possible. It’s centrally located and hold around 10k.
NOT this year they didn’t, and in fact OWU and their entire conference has played NO fall sports! Have allowed no games on their campus, including their own students and yet YOU say they would have hosted outside high school teams.

And Mr Einstein, Shelby would only allow 1365 covid fans and they had no waiver to go to 1500.

I will be more than happy to give you Doug’s office number (OWU AD), feel free to ask them if they would host. 740-368-3738 Please ask them if they would have hosted. Nice try, but just because you thought of a stadium doesn’t mean you actually have any information

Return to “Football”