2021 Too Early Rankings

Izladoom
All State

Re: 2021 Too Early Rankings

Post by Izladoom »

Don’t count out valley they return a lot including the best receiver in the area they just need to replace some of the lines. anyone know if they are dropping to d7 or staying in d6 for now?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:17 pm Don’t count out valley they return a lot including the best receiver in the area they just need to replace some of the lines. anyone know if they are dropping to d7 or staying in d6 for now?
I mentioned Valley in my post as one of the small schools in the area to watch for. As far as D6 or D7 they'll have to wait on the numbers if memory serves they were only 3 boys away from being D7 this season.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:00 pm
wobycat wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:13 pm Burg needs to find an offensive line. It will be an interesting year for the Pirates in that category. Look for some sophomores to possibly play. Skilled they are fine and defense but that o line will be a wonder.
How many linemen were seniors?

72 will be tough to replace
All of them but I believe a sophomore finished the season because of injury. They have three kids that will have some game experience, maybe four. They have a really good junior that didn’t play this year for some reason so hopefully he can come back. Then I have no idea. Burg is another year away possibly for regional and state contention. When the sophomores now are seniors, that will be their next great chance at winning the big prize. The freshman at burg have one of the most solid classes in awhile. No big star but are really solid in all positions. They make a great class to go along with some of the big play makers in the grade above them.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Good posts in this thread.

SOCII by 2020 finish
Waverly has alot to replace and they travel to Wheelersburg and West. They will have some really good seniors receivers, but they won't have the one on one matchups they had this year and the quarterback is a huge loss.

Wheelersburg has some really good backs returning. Holes on the line and questions at quarterback. Also the loss of Miller is huge on both sides of the ball.

West returns the most offensive starters and a very stingy defense. Will be sophomore/junior dominant. I think they will be very good

Oak Hill has significant losses on both sides. They will struggle in the league for the next 3 or 4 years

Minford returns a good back, but looses some significant players. They probably take a step back.

My opinion West and Wheelersburg play week 10 for the Gold Ball

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Westfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:49 am Good posts in this thread.

SOCII by 2020 finish
Waverly has alot to replace and they travel to Wheelersburg and West. They will have some really good seniors receivers, but they won't have the one on one matchups they had this year and the quarterback is a huge loss.

Wheelersburg has some really good backs returning. Holes on the line and questions at quarterback. Also the loss of Miller is huge on both sides of the ball.

West returns the most offensive starters and a very stingy defense. Will be sophomore/junior dominant. I think they will be very good

Oak Hill has significant losses on both sides. They will struggle in the league for the next 3 or 4 years

Minford returns a good back, but looses some significant players. They probably take a step back.

I see it coming down to Burg and West as well. I noticed you left off Valley in this post.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

SOCII by 2020 finish

West will be competitive for the next several years.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:02 pm

SOCII by 2020 finish

I see it coming down to Burg and West as well. I noticed you left off Valley in this post.
I totally forgot
Valley will be solid. Good skill. Their success will be determined by line play and over physicality. I would pick them 4th behind Waverly

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Westfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:32 pm

SOCII by 2020 finish

I totally forgot
Valley will be solid. Good skill. Their success will be determined by line play and over physicality. I would pick them 4th behind Waverly

You're good. That's about where I would place them too. I think it's going to be West and Burg battling it out for a few years.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Westfan wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:32 pm

SOCII by 2020 finish

I totally forgot
Valley will be solid. Good skill. Their success will be determined by line play and overall physicality. I would pick them 4th behind Waverly

SEOP2001
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOP2001 »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:40 am Wheelersburg IMO is gonna have to make a change in style offensively. They don't have a proven quarterback and their best returning players are backs (Lattimore, Swords, Williams).

Waverly will be good, but teams will have a much easier time covering 2 receivers than 4, and has been said there is no replacing Shanks. They will still be good, but they will take a significant step back and then another larger step back after this junior class graduates. League wise this year they travel to Wheelersburg and to West.

Ironton looses Carrico, Hacker, Howell, Deere, etc. Very good players. They have alot of players but however they try to spin it, you don't replace guys like Carrico. If the last two games have shown anything, the talent advantage isn't what it was made out to be. If Tindall played Saturday, Ironton would be rolling out the round balls this week.

West was young and competitive. The core of their team is Freshmen and Sophomores. The quarterback seemed to improve as the season went on. Bishop and Sissel may be two of the best players in the area.

Jackson has a potential D1 quarterback in Winters. I see them trending upward
Better take a look at the stats of the qb position at Jackson. Spires vs Winters

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

SOCII by 2020 finish

I agree with your assessment of good posts on this thread. Seems to be thought out statements before stated and folks conversing over topics worth conversing over ; and with sense. It’s been a good read for sure. I think your west side guys got the pieces there for a breakout year come fall 2021. I recall them young and huge upfront when I watched them in a scrimmage against Jackson then again later on in the year against Wellston. That was fall of 2019. That said. They will be a good football and I really like your last sentence in your post above.

Do Yiu know if Jackson/ west will continue their pre-season scrimmages in 2021? Great opponent for each other to open up with.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West was supposed to scrimmage at Jackson this year before Covid hit. I assume the scrimmage will continue but I'm not for sure

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:55 am
Happy McGavin wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:11 am Trimble loses 2 seniors who started both ways, so technically returning 18 of 22 starters
Only 1 started both ways, the other only started O Line. They started 3 freshman on defense vs NC, and will be returning 19/22 starting positions- will be very senior heavy next year in all positions except O Line.
I thought Spencer went both ways, either way, expectations will be real high in Glouster next year

Its all in the hips
TigerMania
JV Team

Post by TigerMania »

The Ironton Fighting Tigers will still be pretty tough even after this group of awesome seniors leave us.

Return to “Football”