Maria Stein 17 vs New Bremen 24 MAC vs MAC

Kirtland80
All State

Maria Stein 17 vs New Bremen 24 MAC vs MAC

Post by Kirtland80 »

MAC vs MAC for the region. MSML destroyed Riverside 48-8. NB won vs Fort Loramie 16-8. MSML has outscored their 3 opponents 146-8. NB has outscored their opponents 96-28 but have played 2 tougher opponents than what MSML has. Their conference game was 21-13 MSML. Does NB upset MSML or do the Flyers fly to the semi’s? Thoughts?
Last edited by Kirtland80 on Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

6O HORN3TS 🐝
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Maria Stein vs New Bremen. MAC vs MAC

Post by FANOSPORTS »

At playoff time gotta go with the Flyers.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Marion Local 39-0 all-time against Division VII opponents.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 pm At playoff time gotta go with the Flyers.
Agree. They haven’t made state 10 years in a row for nothing. I do think it will be a close game though. I don’t think MSML blows them out. NB defense is solid. Their offense had some trouble tonight so they need to get that cleaned up but if so, I believe NB has a legitimate shot but you gotta go with the Flyers. 16-8 was the final but it easily could have been 30+-8. They can’t make those mistakes vs the Flyers or it will be a long night

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 pm Marion Local 39-0 all-time against Division VII opponents.
Yes they are very good. We had our run ins with them. They are definitely no slouch! Versailles did take MSML to overtime where MSML won 21-20 and NB beat Versailles 36-7. Those teams always play each other hard in that conference. Even if it’s an 8-0 team up against a 2-6 team, you can never count one out

6O HORN3TS 🐝
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:16 pm Marion Local 39-0 all-time against Division VII opponents.
That’s insane

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

MrFirstTake wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:54 pm
That’s insane
It truly is. No one realizes just how good they are until they gotta compete against them. I’m fairly sure you could move them to D4 and while they may not win the title every year, they’d compete and make playoffs just fine. They hadn’t given up a single point in almost 6 full games until tonight, even with second string in

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

More stats for them. Their ‘14-‘15 seniors graduated with 0 playoff losses and a state title in every season, freshman through senior. They are 87-11 all time in playoff games, .887. Both of which are records for wins and win percentage, all time. They are 11 for 14 in state title games, .785, and tied with St. Ignatius for most all time. They average roughly 280 students total a year, 150 boys and accomplish that every year. I could go on and on. It’s astonishing! We got a higher percentage of wins over the last 10 years but less state titles. Most of their losses come inside that conference which is brutal but they win when it counts, outside of conference in the playoffs. Our 7 losses over that last 10 years have been playoff time. We have won 4 in that span vs their 7. They are 141-15 we are 147-7 but to be honest, we are the only really good team in the CVC. Their conference is loaded with talent and good teams so I think their 141-15 is much more impressive

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

No way Goodwin loses to new Bremen. I can’t remember that ever happening. Marion by two or three scores I can see them running the clock playing conservative so score might not be bad but it will never be in question

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm No way Goodwin loses to new Bremen. I can’t remember that ever happening. Marion by two or three scores I can see them running the clock playing conservative so score might not be bad but it will never be in question
I’m not saying NB will win but they have a legitimate chance I think. Out of conference MSML looks like they can score 100 points and probably could, but in conference they have struggled offensively and get played hard. These teams a lot of times (usually Marion local is excluded from this) look average in conference but once they come out of there they aren’t so average anymore. Both teams have an outstanding defense so it should be low scoring but they been having some issues and some turnovers. NB created 5 turnovers in their conference game with MSML and the way their line has been playing I look for them to cause more chaos for them in this game. If NB can cash in on a few of those they could very well win this. NB led that game until late 3rd qtr and only trailed by 1 point going into the 4th. P.S. If Bacon can’t give a good dose of Kiner because he is hurt, look for Versailles to win that game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Told you MAC is tough and they get played hard in conference. 24-17 NB advances

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:54 pm No way Goodwin loses to new Bremen. I can’t remember that ever happening. Marion by two or three scores I can see them running the clock playing conservative so score might not be bad but it will never be in question
Goodwin did just that. 24-17 NB. MAC is tough. No other team in D7 knocks out MSML other than NB

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 am
Goodwin did just that. 24-17 NB. MAC is tough. No other team in D7 knocks out MSML other than NB
Two bad special teams plays lost the game for Marion. Still would of picked them to win 100 out of 100 times but that’s why you play

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Also don’t count lcc out in d 7

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:13 am Also don’t count lcc out in d 7
LCC is very good but I’m taking NB. LCC got knocked off by a worse team than NB, and if NB can beat MSML, especially playoff time, they have a legitimate chance with any team remaining

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:12 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:51 am
Two bad special teams plays lost the game for Marion. Still would of picked them to win 100 out of 100 times but that’s why you play
Yeah it was special teams play. I had to go with MSML as well but it’s really no shocker that NB beat them. I don’t think anyone else in D7 would have knocked off MSML. They played them hard in the conference game also and led until late 3rd and was only down 14-13 going into the 4th

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

My buddy told me that there coach at Marion Stine said he don't make his boys do them there squats so no suprise they got ther backside handed to them cause I no them boys in Brmen does em.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:00 am My buddy told me that there coach at Marion Stine said he don't make his boys do them there squats so no suprise they got ther backside handed to them cause I no them boys in Brmen does em.
They don’t make the state championship game for the first time in 10 years and it’s because their coach doesn’t make them do squats? That’s funny haha

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Wings Teaford
Freshman Team

Post by Wings Teaford »

Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:14 am
Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:00 am My buddy told me that there coach at Marion Stine said he don't make his boys do them there squats so no suprise they got ther backside handed to them cause I no them boys in Brmen does em.
They don’t make the state championship game for the first time in 10 years and it’s because their coach doesn’t make them do squats? That’s funny haha
So nobody allowed to have an opinion on here huh. No wonder there hardly anybody posting no more.

Run the FB Belly and cram it up ther poop shoot!
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Wings Teaford wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:32 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:14 am
So nobody allowed to have an opinion on here huh. No wonder there hardly anybody posting no more.
Never said you couldn’t have an opinion. It’s just a funny opinion. I’m not sure that had anything to do with it

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”