regional finals?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: regional finals?

Post by formerfcfan »

One thing I noticed this year is when a lower-seeded team beats a higher seeded team, the lower-seeded team does not assume the seed of the team they just beat.

Example: in Region 1 (Division I), #8 seed Medina beat #1 St. Edward in round 2 but has had to play the following two games on the road. In previous years, they would’ve assumed the #1 seed and be designated as the “home” team.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm One thing I noticed this year is when a lower-seeded team beats a higher seeded team, the lower-seeded team does not assume the seed of the team they just beat.

Example: in Region 1 (Division I), #8 seed Medina beat #1 St. Edward in round 2 but has had to play the following two games on the road. In previous years, they would’ve assumed the #1 seed and be designated as the “home” team.
The battling bees i watched their first game against strongsville they looked very good in that one. I hope they knock of Mentor and move onto state.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

MrFirstTake wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:40 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:30 pm One thing I noticed this year is when a lower-seeded team beats a higher seeded team, the lower-seeded team does not assume the seed of the team they just beat.

The battling bees i watched their first game against strongsville they looked very good in that one. I hope they knock of Mentor and move onto state.
Their QB is very good.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

91raider97bobcat wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am From an update posted on October 22:

Football Playoffs Continue
The 2020 OHSAA Football Playoffs continue Friday and Saturday, Oct. 23 and 24. Divisions, I, II, III and VII will play on Friday nights
and Divisions IV, V and VI will play on Saturday nights. Each division will have seven playoff rounds with the exception of Division I,
which will have six. Division I will hold its championship game on Friday, Nov. 13, while Divisions II through VII will be played the
following week.

For the Regional Finals, the higher seeded team will have the choice to host the contest and may choose to host the contest at a site
other than their home site.
For the State Semifinals, contests will be played at neutral sites and will be based on the best site
available (equal travel distance is not a consideration).

This is purely a guess on my part, but I think the OHSAA wants to make sure the regional finals are played on turf. So, I think they'll tell any schools with a grass field to move it to a nearby site that has turf. I can also see some school wanting to move to a larger facility to get more fans in.
If Fort Frye wins the regional finals will be played on grass

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They have a couple really nice athletes but their qb is definitely a big time player f

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:54 pm So the highest rated seed will have the choice to host the regional final and the final 4 games are at neutral sites?
I wonder which team would choose not to play at home i the regional final though?
oh oh pick me pick me, gallia

Return to “Football”