Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Regional Semi: Wood (8-0) Burg (7-1)

Post by Raycharles »

RaceEagle wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am
Raycharles wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:27 am
Only one place to eat in Lafayette and that’s the pizza shop (amici’s)I’m a little bias but I think it’s one best pies around so be a great place to get a bite to eat. Unless you are going through Coshocton there is a few places to eat there.
I used to take the scenic Rt. 16 (East Broad St) from Columbus thru Newark to Coshocton and would stop there for eats before going on Rt. 36 to I-77 when travelling to the State finals every year.......and if you blink on the main road you won't see West Lafayette on your way to Newcomerstown. Beautiful country out there !!!!! :D
WL is a metropolis now! There's a Dollar General!
Can’t forget about the General store and the new and improved Circle k instead of Dairy Mart.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

PirateFan[69] wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:38 am Burg by 21
Ridgewood goes down

21sseems a lot to me against a solid defensive ridgewood team. However , I believe Tha Burg gives a total team effort and catches a break they Will come out on top.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If ridgewood wouldn’t have that dern QB, then burg could go up there and easily win this one. Lol

Burg will have to play a great game to upset the generals. They are pretty dang good.

Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Anyone from West Lafayette who thinks the generals are gonna skate by the Burg needs their head examined. I don’t care what last years result was. Burg is a very well coached and very seasoned team. Generals will need to fire on all cylinders and don’t let the burg get momentum. I just hope these boys don’t get caught up in looking on to Ironton. I do think the Wood will win, but I think this game is a lot closer than what people are giving the burg credit for. I’ll take wood somewhere in the 35-21 range. And if you are burg fan making the trip up, you won’t be disappointed. Even with a very limited crowd, the atmosphere will be awesome. Looking forward to a good game and Go Wood!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:11 pm Anyone from West Lafayette who thinks the generals are gonna skate by the Burg needs their head examined. I don’t care what last years result was. Burg is a very well coached and very seasoned team. Generals will need to fire on all cylinders and don’t let the burg get momentum. I just hope these boys don’t get caught up in looking on to Ironton. I do think the Wood will win, but I think this game is a lot closer than what people are giving the burg credit for. I’ll take wood somewhere in the 35-21 range. And if you are burg fan making the trip up, you won’t be disappointed. Even with a very limited crowd, the atmosphere will be awesome. Looking forward to a good game and Go Wood!
I agree with this post and it’s a good one.

As a FighTing Tiger fan, IDC, who wins.

I do know, we’d love a ReMatch w/WLR or a make up from the C-19 cancellation of our annual opener with WB.

HOWEVER, I,nor any1 that loves IronTon Football is looking past Harvest Preparatory.

They’re a solid team that’s young, hungry, & played consistently good squads all season.

It’ll take IHS AAA Game for victory.
HP was in final four in D7 last year.

Good luck WB
Good luck WLR

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I believe each time these two foes have played the home team has won each game? I know last season was played at lancaster but technically Ridgewood was the home team

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

Wood is a noticeably better football team than Waverly.

Hoops practice on monday in Burg.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

I’ll take Wood 28-24 in a close game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Kicker. wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:24 pm I believe each time these two foes have played the home team has won each game? I know last season was played at lancaster but technically Ridgewood was the home team
Burg is 4 - 1 against Ridgewood

Burg grad 85
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Burg in your game with Ridgewood Saturday night. Let's hope for an injury free game for both teams.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm Wood is a noticeably better football team than Waverly.

Don’t get ahead of yourself. Burg can easily win this game

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:56 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:44 pm Wood is a noticeably better football team than Waverly.

Nah, Wood wants another shot at Ironton this year. Tingle is gonna be the difference again like last year and this time on his home field. It'll be a little closer score but still a win.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Nah, Wood wants another shot at Ironton this year. Tingle is gonna be the difference again like last year and this time on his home field. It'll be a little closer score but still a win.
Not trying to get away from this topic but Assuming we both get there, I say they just go ahead and give us Ironton in the semi’s. Let another team at least get to make the trip to Canton. If not and assuming we both make the semi’s, I’m sure each of us would be favored to win. Just assume it’s us, Otsego, Ironton, and Roger Bacon. Give Otsego Bacon

6O HORN3TS 🐝
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Just a hypothetical here. If Tingle gets hurt, do you think Wood still wins? Is there backup just as good? Would there defense be good enough to keep Burg enough in check or would losing him demoralize the rest of the team?

Everyone making these statements how Wood is too powerful. They want Ironton again. Trust me. No one wants to play Ironton any worse than Burg. I think everyone in Southern Ohio wants to see that game.

Anything can happen in these games that could change the outcome at the snap of a finger.

Also, not saying I want the young man to get hurt. That way when the Burg wins they can say they beat them with there best. ;) ;) ;)

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good luck to burg. Need to be sound in all phases. If they can play a decently clean game, I think they have a shot at the upset.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 am

Just a hypothetical here. If Tingle gets hurt, do you think Wood still wins? Is there backup just as good? Would there defense be good enough to keep Burg enough in check or would losing him demoralize the rest of the team?

Everyone making these statements how Wood is too powerful. They want Ironton again. Trust me. No one wants to play Ironton any worse than Burg. I think everyone in Southern Ohio wants to see that game.

Anything can happen in these games that could change the outcome at the snap of a finger.

Also, not saying I want the young man to get hurt. That way when the Burg wins they can say they beat them with there best. ;) ;) ;)
Answer to the hypothetical: A resounding NO as he is the Mozart, Chopin, Bogart, Wayne, Elvis, Bowie, Rembrandt and Picasso of that team. Not big in stature but he makes them go. Sorry about all the Arts references :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Yeah he’s really good

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:06 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:12 am

Answer to the hypothetical: A resounding NO as he is the Mozart, Chopin, Bogart, Wayne, Elvis, Bowie, Rembrandt and Picasso of that team. Not big in stature but he makes them go. Sorry about all the Arts references :D

That's about what I figured. I don't think Burg is like that. If they lose the QB they have someone that can replace him and even though they haven't played much I think he would do fine. Burg just needs to match them score for score about like they did Waverly. I believe last year when they kicked the FG instead of going for it, Burg lost a lot of momentum. They moved right down the field on them and stalled right about the 10. I would bet if they have the 4th and 1 this year they are going for it. Burg can't let them get a 2-3 TD lead on them. If they do, game over!!!! I still believe Burg is going to be the best team Wood has faced all year. If it comes down to the kicking game, I like the Burg's chances. Pretty impressive out of the Burg kicker Braxton Sammons last week kicking a 42 yard FG after playing a soccer match earlier in the day. Those 3 points were HUGE in that game!

Good luck Pirates. This Burg fans thinks you can bring home the win!!!

teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

Burg will be the best team that Wood has played all year. I'm expecting Wood to beat them by 2 or 3 TDs. I'm sure lots of opponents have hoped Tingle would have a bad game (or worse). Wood is still a very good team without Tingle. Likely just not top 2 in the region.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to the Pirates, from this Fighting Tigers fan.

Return to “Football”