Reg. Season Week 10: Logan (2-7) Vs Teays Valley (3-5)

loganlocos
SEOP

Reg. Season Week 10: Logan (2-7) Vs Teays Valley (3-5)

Post by loganlocos »

With Sheridan winning last week, Logan was able to schedule a home game with Teays Valley to replace a trip to Thornville to close out the season.

Technically Logan could schedule one more game in the next two weeks (Teays plays Amanda next week) - but I believe this will be it for the Chiefs.

Could be a good game if Logan can continue to build on the confidence of the last two weeks. Teays is always physically tough and they don't make mistakes. They are tough to beat.

Paladin
SEOP

Re: Reg. Season Week 10: Logan (2-7) Vs Teays Valley (3-5)

Post by Paladin »

Should be more of a competitive game, but don’t see Logan winning this.

Have gun, will travel
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Logan can compete if they stick to more run.......and the O line needs to continue to do their job.......eliminate mistakes and penalties in all areas.......looked good the last two weeks with more run plays.......... and would probably have more W's on the season if the play caller would have done so.......the 80% pass game early in the season never worked and failed them severely........should have went more to the run.....early on it was noticeable for any qualified experienced staff member to recognize........The pound game seem to be Logans strong suit........secondary better be tight and tuned for this one .......and please..........get rid of the 2 point conversions early in the game unless needed......I hear Logan has a great kicker........why not use him more???????...........................

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Inches I thought I read somewhere he was injured early in the year so maybe that why they didn't use him. I agree with paldi I think Teays will take this one. They beat Logan Elm earlier in year and the Braves walloped Logan. Teays is usually big, strong and physical up front so they can probably handle Logan's running game. Lancaster piled up almost 400 yards rushing last week on them but the Gales would do that to anybody in these parts. Logan will need to air it out a little in this one if they been like they were in years past. Would be a great way to end the season if the Chiefies could pull it off, it would give a shot of confidence and enthusiasm leading into next year winning the last three.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bolt, he wasn't in injury situation last week, or the week before and they seemed to went for 2 in both games. Kicked some but went for 2 right off the bat. Why not kick the extra point if the boy can kick 40 yarders easy. Logan when they did run the ball in other games they was defeated in did pretty well. Agree with 9 and half on that. Understand balance offense is good, but if your offense doesn't have the tools to be passing all the time, and the run game is the noticeable bread and butter you should stick to more of it. Logan's line isn't exactly small, and seems to be blossoming late. Think they will do fine against valley. Good luck Chiefs!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:18 am Bolt, he wasn't in injury situation last week, or the week before and they seemed to went for 2 in both games. Kicked some but went for 2 right off the bat. Why not kick the extra point if the boy can kick 40 yarders easy. Logan when they did run the ball in other games they was defeated in did pretty well. Agree with 9 and half on that. Understand balance offense is good, but if your offense doesn't have the tools to be passing all the time, and the run game is the noticeable bread and butter you should stick to more of it. Logan's line isn't exactly small, and seems to be blossoming late. Think they will do fine against valley. Good luck Chiefs!

A good kicker is a must. Jackson lacked confidence in their place kicker and it hurt them in the first round of play-off against Tri-Valley. Jackson got down close with mere seconds to go in the game for a 30yrd field goal to win the game and the thought of sending that kicker out to win the game seemed to not even be an option. Zero confidence in his ability to win the game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

I just hope for a respectable showing by the Chiefs. I’m hoping that this opportunity to play one last time on their field, and the confidence they have gained the past two weeks, gives them a needed adrenaline boost to play smash mouth football. Finish strong boys!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

http://www.loganfootball.com/stories/kn ... RtjJ6XaFNY

Know your foe: 'Old school' Vikings bring physical football on Friday

LoganFootball.com Scouting Report on Teays Valley

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:18 am Bolt, he wasn't in injury situation last week, or the week before and they seemed to went for 2 in both games. Kicked some but went for 2 right off the bat. Why not kick the extra point if the boy can kick 40 yarders easy. Logan when they did run the ball in other games they was defeated in did pretty well. Agree with 9 and half on that. Understand balance offense is good, but if your offense doesn't have the tools to be passing all the time, and the run game is the noticeable bread and butter you should stick to more of it. Logan's line isn't exactly small, and seems to be blossoming late. Think they will do fine against valley. Good luck Chiefs!
They were successful on all them 2 point attempts the last couple weeks so maybe they saw something in film we didn't see trench. They actually missed the extra point kick on the last touch down scored in the East game. I don't know you got me but as long as they work it's all good.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:35 pm
They were successful on all them 2 point attempts the last couple weeks so maybe they saw something in film we didn't see trench. They actually missed the extra point kick on the last touch down scored in the East game. I don't know you got me but as long as they work it's all good.
And if doesn't work, well, scratch a point real quick. It's not smart play imo doing it early in a game when you got a good kicker. They've done it numerous times when the kicker was off the injury list I was told. Just was told again this morning by a little birdie. :( I hope they do the point after kick if they score any TD's this week. And kick-ur deep on kick offs. Opponents getting use to the squibs as well and end up with decent yards to start. Like to see them win this last game. Carry some momentum over for next season. They surely need it.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I think I remember locos saying the boy that kicked the field goal had been out with an injury.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

I remember it too, but pretty sure the kicker has been back for at least a few games give or take. Where ya at Locos? :lol: When did he exactly return from the injury list? :lol: Was told today by a little close birdie to the school he has been back. Who knows for sure, but they will need him tomorrow playing a decent team like Teays. Bet they won't let the 2 point conversion happen so easily. :lol: GO CHIEFS!!!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

In the article Logan vs Maysville it sounds like he as been back before last week. Probably go back to where Logan was getting seven points on TD and not 6/8.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

noreply66 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:05 am In the article Logan vs Maysville it sounds like he as been back before last week. Probably go back to where Logan was getting seven points on TD and not 6/8.
8-) Thanks for the info, Noreply.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

http://www.loganfootball.com/uploads/1/ ... ek_ten.pdf

Week 10 LoganFootball.com Game Notes!

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:44 pm I remember it too, but pretty sure the kicker has been back for at least a few games give or take. Where ya at Locos? :lol: When did he exactly return from the injury list? :lol: Was told today by a little close birdie to the school he has been back. Who knows for sure, but they will need him tomorrow playing a decent team like Teays. Bet they won't let the 2 point conversion happen so easily. :lol: GO CHIEFS!!!
Chapin made his first PAT back in the Watkins Memorial game.

On the season:

Jackson: missed 36 FG

Frasure kicked against Amanda, Warren, B-C, and Logan Elm.

Watkins: 3-3 PAT

Cols. East: 4-5 PAT

Maysville - 1-1 PAT; 37 FG

On the season Chapin is 8-9 on PATs and 1-2 on FGs (36NG, 37G).

Frasure was 3-3 on PATs tries.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

On the Point after touchdown:

Logan is playing the numbers. They aren't "calling" a 2-point play, they're lining up and counting, looking for a numerical advantage in certain parts of the field. If the defense lines up the way they expect, they'll run or pass it in. If the defense lines up correctly, they'll motion in and kick.

Sometimes Chapin (the kicker) is out wide "blocking" before they motion in and kick. You'll notice the holder (Eaton Castle) is ALWAYS in on those plays.

FWIW - Logan is 6-9 on two point tries, earning 12 points. If they had gone 100% on kicks they only would have gotten 9 points. So they are in the plus column there.

Two of the "missed" two pointers were in the Amanda game right after they lost Chapin to the injury.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Good info Locos! TV-2 is doing a free telecast tonight, yay!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

heard Logan wins 28/03????

Return to “Football”