The State title games should ALWAYS be in The Shoe

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: The State title games should ALWAYS be in The Shoe

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

nice guy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 pm High School Football is King in NE Ohio. Ohio State probably charges too much. They are all about money.
Who the hell are you, Paladin???? It isn't just king in NE Ohio. I would say that SW Ohio would argue you on that so why aren't the games being played up around there?

You all are fools to think money is not why it's being held in Canton. Just look at how much money the Stark Co. fairgrounds has made over the years on parking. $5 a car. That's pretty good revenue for them. If it's not being played somewhere in Columbus, then move it around the state. How are they even doing attendance for the finals this year? Are they having unlimited amount of fans?

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Centrally located in the state makes perfect sense for these games. Why not Crew Stadium? Put down turf and play ball.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

Omega wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:38 pm
82nd wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:23 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:04 pm

Lecta? That is on the other side of the middle of no where just past BFE. I spent a month there just passing through one afternoon.
welcome to the place i call home
God's country indeed. Used to live near Getaway and used to travel the back roads to Rio Grande. Lecta had to be most remote location away from any incorporated village or city in Ohio.
state games here would be supported by 100% by community who else can say that.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

No, I am not that moron. Again, High School Football is king in NE Ohio. Ohio State does not want do with anything except for Ohio State. Basketball is about the only thing that has hung on there.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Canton is way better as a fan.

Yes the travel is a pain, but the people there really care about hosting. Its a better atmosphere, and the new Hall of Fame Stadium is a palace.

JMO having been a neutral at a lot of finals weekends.

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

the shoe is a lousy place for the playoff games

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:48 pm
Omega wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:00 pm
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:44 pm Full stop!

Given the state title games on most occasions draw way fewer than 10,000 fans, Ohio Stadium has not provided a good atmosphere for high school championships in the past. Hallowed ground for sure, but 90,000 plus empty seats make the Shoe look and sound like a mausoleum.
Agree, too large. I attended the finals held there back in the 80's and it was like a morgue.
agree

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Howard Cosell wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:39 pm Centrally located in the state makes perfect sense for these games. Why not Crew Stadium? Put down turf and play ball.
a very good choice
Watched a buckeye spring game there years ago

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

In my many years of attending the finals the best years IMO were 1993-1997 when all games were held in Massillion when it was 5 then 6 divisions. Old school WPA built, 16K seat stadium with newer amenities combined, historical, plenty of parking, easy access, not a bad seat in the house, close to the field, great atmosphere. In 1998 thru around 2012 they alternated between Massillon/Canton which was a decent and easy commute back and forth between games but Fawcett (now Tom Benson) didn't and doesn't have the feel of a great high school venue to me no matter how much money the NFL and HOF have put into it over the years. It was an eyesore in the 80's , 90's and early 2000's before refurbishment.......and the Shoe is just to darn big, period.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Pol pot wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 am Have you heard the argument that OSU does not want the games? You can want the games in the Shoe all you want, but if Columbus does not want them, then it’s simply not going to happen.
No but it wouldn’t surprise me if OSU did not want it. But even if they didn’t want it there are other places in Columbus that i think would. Crew Stadium for example, isn’t it roughly the same size as the Stadium in Canton? And centrally located in the state? Close into interstate, plenty of parking, plenty of food and lodging nearby, to me it sounds better than canton. What about high school stadiums in Columbus, any big enough to host championship game?

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm In my many years of attending the finals the best years IMO were 1993-1997 when all games were held in Massillion when it was 5 then 6 divisions. Old school WPA built, 16K seat stadium with newer amenities combined, historical, plenty of parking, easy access, not a bad seat in the house, close to the field, great atmosphere. In 1998 thru around 2012 they alternated between Massillon/Canton which was a decent and easy commute back and forth between games but Fawcett (now Tom Benson) didn't and doesn't have the feel of a great high school venue to me no matter how much money the NFL and HOF have put into it over the years. It was an eyesore in the 80's , 90's and early 2000's before refurbishment.......and the Shoe is just to darn big, period.
This is probably the best answer. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

Paul Brown Tiger Stadium is one of the absolute best venues for HS football in Ohio.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:20 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:32 pm In my many years of attending the finals the best years IMO were 1993-1997 when all games were held in Massillion when it was 5 then 6 divisions. Old school WPA built, 16K seat stadium with newer amenities combined, historical, plenty of parking, easy access, not a bad seat in the house, close to the field, great atmosphere. In 1998 thru around 2012 they alternated between Massillon/Canton which was a decent and easy commute back and forth between games but Fawcett (now Tom Benson) didn't and doesn't have the feel of a great high school venue to me no matter how much money the NFL and HOF have put into it over the years. It was an eyesore in the 80's , 90's and early 2000's before refurbishment.......and the Shoe is just to darn big, period.
This is probably the best answer. Pretty much agree with everything you said.

Paul Brown Tiger Stadium is one of the absolute best venues for HS football in Ohio.
:D

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

They should always be played at Ohio State but the cry babies in NEO won’t have it

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

I wouldn't mind seeing a rotational schedule, Canton, Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland

Its all in the hips
Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Crew Stadium with turf is the best location. Hotels, centrally located, restaurants, other attractions. Maybe Northeast Ohio is the king of HS football because youngsters have easy access to the championship games whereas kids in Southern Ohio have none. Minus Burg and Ironton, if you polled kids ages 14-6 in Southern Ohio you would probably have less than 1% having gone to a state championship football game.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:44 am Crew Stadium with turf is the best location. Hotels, centrally located, restaurants, other attractions. Maybe Northeast Ohio is the king of HS football because youngsters have easy access to the championship games whereas kids in Southern Ohio have none. Minus Burg and Ironton, if you polled kids ages 14-6 in Southern Ohio you would probably have less than 1% having gone to a state championship football game.
The Crew is building a new Soccer only Stadium in the Confluence Park area West of the Arena district off 315 and 670 that will be completed in 2021 for a stated $300 million which is already over budget and Taxpayers are footing over $100 million of that and the cost is rising as we speak. The "Old" Crew Stadium (Mapfre) is being turned into their "Training" facility going forward and I'm sure at more taxpayer expense. The big boys just keep taking and getting rich while everyone else that are average citizens keep paying for their mistakes, blunders and progressive ideas in this city. I guess this sport is the real "futball" and along with Hockey have taken over in C-bus.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:51 am They should always be played at Ohio State but the cry babies in NEO won’t have it
You are just freaking stupid!!!! OSU does NOT want the state football finals, that is not a secret, but people like you have to keep pushing silly statements.

To the poster who said put turf down and play at Crew. Great idea. You buying the turf?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Shoedaddy wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:44 am Crew Stadium with turf is the best location. Hotels, centrally located, restaurants, other attractions. Maybe Northeast Ohio is the king of HS football because youngsters have easy access to the championship games whereas kids in Southern Ohio have none. Minus Burg and Ironton, if you polled kids ages 14-6 in Southern Ohio you would probably have less than 1% having gone to a state championship football game.
I bet when the games were in Columbus 5 years ago, less than 1% still went! People act like these games were in big demand when they were in Columbus. That's great revisionist history.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:47 am You are just freaking stupid!!!! OSU does NOT want the state football finals, that is not a secret, but people like you have to keep pushing silly statements.

To the poster who said put turf down and play at Crew. Great idea. You buying the turf?
You were looking for Massillon didn't want the tournaments

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Rusty Shackleford wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:33 pm
Pol pot wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:53 am Have you heard the argument that OSU does not want the games? You can want the games in the Shoe all you want, but if Columbus does not want them, then it’s simply not going to happen.
No but it wouldn’t surprise me if OSU did not want it. But even if they didn’t want it there are other places in Columbus that i think would. Crew Stadium for example, isn’t it roughly the same size as the Stadium in Canton? And centrally located in the state? Close into interstate, plenty of parking, plenty of food and lodging nearby, to me it sounds better than canton. What about high school stadiums in Columbus, any big enough to host championship game?
Mapfire is grass. And it’s not going to a high school

Return to “Football”