Region 27

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

Re: Region 27

Post by SEOfootballFAN1 »

Muffler wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:09 pm Here's how we see them here in Reedsville:

1. Newark Catholic- Because, well, they're NC.
2. East Knox- Only loss is to a 4-0 D6 team.
3. River, Hannibal- Only loss is to a 4-0 D5 team.
4. Eastern, Reedsville- Finally almost 100% and will be hitting on all cylinders by playoff time.
5. Waterford- We beat them.
6. Trimble- A dropped pass and us not being 100% got them the win. Won't happen in round 2.
7. Berne Union- 4-0
8. Frontier- 4-0
You are right on about two of these and that’s Newark catholic and east Knox. Waterford would beat eastern a second go around and Berne union and frontier are terrible
1. NC
2. Trimble
3. Shadyside
4. East Knox
5. Eastern
6. River

Too bad the best two teams will be playing next week in Glouster- winner will win the region.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:01 pm
Muffler wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:39 pm
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:09 pm Here's how we see them here in Reedsville:

1. Newark Catholic- Because, well, they're NC.
2. East Knox- Only loss is to a 4-0 D6 team.
3. River, Hannibal- Only loss is to a 4-0 D5 team.
4. Eastern, Reedsville- Finally almost 100% and will be hitting on all cylinders by playoff time.
5. Waterford- We beat them.
6. Trimble- A dropped pass and us not being 100% got them the win. Won't happen in round 2.
7. Berne Union- 4-0
8. Frontier- 4-0
You are right on about two of these and that’s Newark catholic and east Knox. Waterford would beat eastern a second go around and Berne union and frontier are terrible
1. NC
2. Trimble
3. Shadyside
4. East Knox
5. Eastern
6. River

Too bad the best two teams will be playing next week in Glouster- winner will win the region.
Easy to say since we all know NC is the favorite to win the region.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 am #9 BERNE UNION @ #1 TRIMBLE
I like Trimble to win a tight one. Less than a TD, 34-30.

#5 NEWARK CATHOLIC @ #4 DANVILLE
Give me NC by 10, 24-14. With the Knox County officiating, it could be closer.

#7 SHADYSIDE @ #2 EAST KNOX
I like EK in a defensive struggle, 14-13.

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
If they don't get jobbed by the officials, I like Reedsville to move on, 14-6.
I like your picks, and agree that if the officials are fair and square those will be the outcomes.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:24 pm

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
I like your picks, and agree that if the officials are fair and square those will be the outcomes.
Been to Hannibal once, worst officiating I have ever seen. Good luck to Reedsville!

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
You do realize this isn't a regular season contest and the officials are provided by the state? lol, to plant the seed for blame on the officials in advance is comical lol. Bad calls will happen in every game, has nothing to do with county officiating or home site- just more with bad calls lol

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Shadyside is without its best player.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:38 pm

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
You do realize this isn't a regular season contest and the officials are provided by the state? lol, to plant the seed for blame on the officials in advance is comical lol. Bad calls will happen in every game, has nothing to do with county officiating or home site- just more with bad calls lol
Was thinking the same thing lol

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
Lol. Lol. Lol. They're assigned from the Football Administrator’s office. Lol. They're going to use somewhat local officials. Lol. Guys aren't going to be called in from 6 counties over to do the games. Lol. Right? Lol. Lol. Lol. The OHSAA, which is broke (lol), has to pay these guys $140 per game and $1.00 a mile for anything over 50 miles for their travel. Lol. Lol. Lol. SMH.

https://ohsaaweb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... eyRegs.pdf

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:55 pm Shadyside is without its best player.
wow that's big! Thought they would handle East Knox

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Lol. Lol. Lol. They're assigned from the Football Administrator’s office. Lol. They're going to use somewhat local officials. Lol. Guys aren't going to be called in from 6 counties over to do the games. Lol. Right? Lol. Lol. Lol. The OHSAA, which is broke (lol), has to pay these guys $140 per game and $1.00 a mile for anything over 50 miles for their travel. Lol. Lol. Lol. SMH.

somewhat local? I've seen officials travel 80+ miles for first round matchups! LOL. It's called regional football, therefore the teams are from the same region, therefore they're likely to have officials from within that region, therefore it's also likely both teams could have possibly seen those officials before. Therefore, the argument for biased officials is irrelevant, therefore, the best team shall win the game (and yes there will still be bad calls).

SEOfootballFAN1
Riding the Bench

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:56 pm

at least some people have some common sense. Easy to tell who's used to winning and been there done that, vs those that are used to making excuses and being on the outside looking in.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

#11 EASTERN @ #3 RIVER
You do realize that I'm not the one who pointed the finger at the officials don't you? But I realize your obsession with trolling me gets the best of you and you can't help yourself but to insult me for the comments of others. And now you're doing it with a second username. You must have some major issues. :lol:

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm

somewhat local? I've seen officials travel 80+ miles for first round matchups! LOL. It's called regional football, therefore the teams are from the same region, therefore they're likely to have officials from within that region, therefore it's also likely both teams could have possibly seen those officials before. Therefore, the argument for biased officials is irrelevant, therefore, the best team shall win the game (and yes there will still be bad calls).
So, the OHSAA being flat-ass broke will not play into their travel decisions? I think you're wrong. You know you're wrong.
Last edited by dnis30 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:11 pm

at least some people have some common sense. Easy to tell who's used to winning and been there done that, vs those that are used to making excuses and being on the outside looking in.
Used to winning? Who are you referring to that is "used to winning"?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

East Knox is giving no credit on this thread they made it to the final 4 in D6 last season. I do think the league was a little overrated as Centerburg won the league and got bounced first game.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm

dnis don't mind him too much. He's a troll with more than one username. He likes to troll threads and give out injury reports. My guess is he's a manager or towel boy at Thimble and he hears their coaches talking and then posts that stuff on here.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm
dnis30 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:14 pm

dnis don't mind him too much. He's a troll with more than one username. He likes to troll threads and give out injury reports. My guess is he's a manager or towel boy at Thimble and he hears their coaches talking and then posts that stuff on here.
Lmao. Ok.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:18 pm East Knox is giving no credit on this thread they made it to the final 4 in D6 last season. I do think the league was a little overrated as Centerburg won the league and got bounced first game.
dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:26 pm R25: Lucas
R26: Lima Central Catholic
R27: East Knox
R28: Marion Local
I think EK wins R27.

Superman
JV Team

Post by Superman »

SEOfootballFAN1 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:07 pm

You have to understand that Denise is used to crying about officials. They're just thankful that Lucas got out of region 27 so they don't have to drive up state route 13 through years after Trimble eliminates them again.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

Calls go your way and go against you every single game for eternity as long as there is football being played. Blaming officials is a moronic and uneducated way at watching football. You have to chalk that up to oh well it happens. For as many calls that went against you one game well maybe game 2 of the regular season they went your way. At the end of the year officals aren’t to blame.

As for the idea of local officals siding with River is outright laughable. Seeing as many River games as I have the call bias if you want to call it that very rarely ends up in Rivers favor.

And call me crazy but I do recall the last time in recent history that Eastern was in Hannibal they took a 60-6 beating. If there was any home cooking there it must’ve been for the JVs

Return to “Football”