River Valley's Michael Conkle breaks 2 school records

RVRaiderFan
All State

River Valley's Michael Conkle breaks 2 school records

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Congrats to River Valley's Michael Conkle on breaking 2 school records against Huntington Ross on Friday night!

Conkle had 305 rushing yards, which broke the school record (Cole Young 2019- 274 yards) for most rushing yards in a single game.

Conkle also went over 1,100 yards on the season and broke the school record for most rushing yards in a season! Conkle did all this in ONLY 8 games and in his Sophomore season!

Congrats to Michael Conkle!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Re: River Valley's Michael Conkle breaks 2 school records

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 am Congrats to River Valley's Michael Conkle on breaking 2 school records against Huntington Ross on Friday night!

Conkle had 305 rushing yards, which broke the school record (Cole Young 2019- 274 yards) for most rushing yards in a single game.

Conkle also went over 1,100 yards on the season and broke the school record for most rushing yards in a season! Conkle did all this in ONLY 8 games and in his Sophomore season!

That's great! I wonder if he'll be at Gallia next year?

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:32 am
RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:28 am Congrats to River Valley's Michael Conkle on breaking 2 school records against Huntington Ross on Friday night!

ReedsvilleEaglesFan.....SHHHHHHH LOL

Unfortunately though I know what you mean. It happens. I'm 100% sure it wont with this kid! He's a Raider through and through, and both parents are Raider alumni.

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:35 am
ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:32 am

ReedsvilleEaglesFan.....SHHHHHHH LOL

Unfortunately though I know what you mean. It happens. I'm 100% sure it wont with this kid! He's a Raider through and through, and both parents are Raider alumni.
That's good. It's much easier to build a program when your best players stay at the school.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to Michael Conkle on your two school records. What's great is that you will have 2 more years to possibly break your own records.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Cam....errr I mean Conkle to GA 2021 season????

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Jokes aside, congrats to this young man on a terrific season. Hope nothing but the best for him in the future

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Congrats. Been a pretty good class with him and the Jackson QB

Southeast Engine
Waterboy

Post by Southeast Engine »

Impressive. I'd like to see how well he does against good teams in the next couple of years.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Congrats to him. Also congrats to the center and QB for getting him the ball, and to the line for blocking so he can get the yardage.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Congrats

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

Rvfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm Congrats to him. Also congrats to the center and QB for getting him the ball, and to the line for blocking so he can get the yardage.
Your son plays on the line huh? :D

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Tow Head wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:30 am
Rvfan wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:21 pm Congrats to him. Also congrats to the center and QB for getting him the ball, and to the line for blocking so he can get the yardage.
Yea, so? I'd say the same thing about any kid who sets a record in a team sport, no kid, no matter how good he or she is, can't break or set records without the rest of the team doing their jobs. If it was golf, track, swim, xc, or wrestling, I'd say congrats and leave it, because those are individual team sports.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Rvfan wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:34 pm
Yea, so? I'd say the same thing about any kid who sets a record in a team sport, no kid, no matter how good he or she is, can't break or set records without the rest of the team doing their jobs. If it was golf, track, swim, xc, or wrestling, I'd say congrats and leave it, because those are individual team sports.
I think it pretty much goes without saying when a rb carries the ball the qb must give it to him and the line must block

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

MrFirstTake wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:20 pm

I think it pretty much goes without saying when a rb carries the ball the qb must give it to him and the line must block
For the most part, yes. But I've seen instances where a RB or QB get little support and yet set records. If what you guys say was always true then every RB on every team that has a good line would be setting records and all the record setters would be teamed up with all staters in front of them. But that's not always a given. Sorry. :D

FourEyes
Waterboy

Post by FourEyes »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:49 am

For the most part, yes. But I've seen instances where a RB or QB get little support and yet set records. If what you guys say was always true then every RB on every team that has a good line would be setting records and all the record setters would be teamed up with all staters in front of them. But that's not always a given. Sorry. :D
It’s a team sport, must have complementary players all around for success to be achieved. OLine is a thankless position, no doubt helped this young man set records. QB’s don’t set passing records unless the receivers catch the ball, RB’s don’t set records without having holes to run through. Congrats to this RB!!

Tow Head
Freshman Team

Post by Tow Head »

FourEyes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:26 pm

It’s a team sport, must have complementary players all around for success to be achieved. OLine is a thankless position, no doubt helped this young man set records. QB’s don’t set passing records unless the receivers catch the ball, RB’s don’t set records without having holes to run through. Congrats to this RB!!
Well I've seen it done without much blocking, so we can agree to disagree. If what you said is always true every lineman would be all state on every team that a RB broke a record on. I get your point with the catching of passes though. But a QB can set records running the ball too.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Tow Head wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:44 pm
FourEyes wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Well I've seen it done without much blocking, so we can agree to disagree. If what you said is always true every lineman would be all state on every team that a RB broke a record on. I get your point with the catching of passes though. But a QB can set records running the ball too.
But only if that QB has good blockers lol just kidding. Congrats to the kid with the record. Wish him luck in the future.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

Congratulations

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

great--I GUESS HE WILL BE AT Jackson NEXT YEAR?

Return to “Football”