RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: RD 2: Valley (3-4) @ Worthington Christian (5-1)

Post by EasternDspy »

This is why I prefer to let everybody in. Teams play way different schedules I say we decide who is better on the field.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

The Valley schedule will bode well for them this week.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
GoBucks1980
Waterboy

Post by GoBucks1980 »

Valley by a few scores. WC lost a lot from last year and got beat by really the only decent team they played this year. Valley's schedule prepared them, 34-20.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

im going to take the Indians by 2 TDs.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:17 am This is why I prefer to let everybody in. Teams play way different schedules I say we decide who is better on the field.
I tend to agree with you on this one, I think it's made for a bit more of a wildcard year. Teams getting to matchup with teams they wouldn't see otherwise, plus if a team starts to get a couple wins under their belt before taking on a higher seed who knows what might happen. If the kids and teams are up for it why not?? Not hurting anything

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:17 am This is why I prefer to let everybody in. Teams play way different schedules I say we decide who is better on the field.
I tend to agree with you on this one, I think it's made for a bit more of a wildcard year. Teams getting to matchup with teams they wouldn't see otherwise, plus if a team starts to get a couple wins under their belt before taking on a higher seed who knows what might happen. If the kids and teams are up for it why not?? Not hurting anything
I agree to an extent.

When coaches are realists, this system can work. Otherwise, there will be some bad situations.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

I think Valley has the second best program in the SOC since moving up and completely dominated the smaller division before that. I know they haven't always finished there but when you look at what Darren has accomplished over that time with a much smaller pool of players speaks volumes to the "Program" that is in place. they run a gauntlet every year and the playoff record shows it. I think WC is in for a rude awakening in this game. Darren's ability to "work" the refs is good for 7 points by itself LOL

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to Valley Saturday night. This sounds like a winnable game and really think Valley got some deep playoff runs coming next couple of seasons.*

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Blitz wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:48 pm I think Valley has the second best program in the SOC since moving up and completely dominated the smaller division before that. I know they haven't always finished there but when you look at what Darren has accomplished over that time with a much smaller pool of players speaks volumes to the "Program" that is in place. they run a gauntlet every year and the playoff record shows it. I think WC is in for a rude awakening in this game. Darren's ability to "work" the refs is good for 7 points by itself LOL
Yeah what he has done in such a small community is pretty amazing. They rarely lose to a school that is their size.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:17 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:18 pm
I agree to an extent.

When coaches are realists, this system can work. Otherwise, there will be some bad situations.
Oh I agree with that assessment full heartedly.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Looking forward to this game. I think a win here will give the Indians a lot of confidence moving forward and setting them up for next season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

coop wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:28 am Looking forward to this game. I think a win here will give the Indians a lot of confidence moving forward and setting them up for next season.
I will take that a step further. I think a win this week can be huge for the Valley basketball and baseball teams this season. Both are set up to make deep runs in D4, and by having their young core win some football games would be huge in the winter and spring.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree. Getting these youngsters this experience is huge. Looking forward to seeing these kids develope and compete.

Bo_Diaz
JV Team

Post by Bo_Diaz »

A buddy of mine told me there are full games on youtube of Worthington Christian. I watched a little last night and I would think Valley has an excellent chance to win this game. They have to be confident with how they have played the last two weeks, and their schedule should have them prepared for this matchup.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes from across the river in Mohawk land Valley!

shoelace
JV Team

Post by shoelace »

I like Valley to win this game.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good luck tonight Indians. Hold on to the dang ball and go get that W.

PistolPete7
Freshman Team

Post by PistolPete7 »

Valley wins this game easier than one might think..

lineman7
All Conference

Post by lineman7 »

Is there streams to watch this? I heard there was going to be a couple possibly...

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

lineman7 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:50 pm Is there streams to watch this? I heard there was going to be a couple possibly...
It will be streamed live on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_IB7w ... afgucfDC-g

Return to “Football”