Post by radiodavel »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Re: Bailing Out The OHSAA

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Interesting comment:
Pat Houseworth
October 8, 2020 at 1:53 pm
This corrupt organization should be disbanded and start anew, with new leadership. The OHSAA is a corrupt, heavy handed outfit, that is only interested in power and lining it’s pockets, not interested at all in the promoting of Student Athletes./quote]

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

The OHSAA simply manages high school sports in Ohio. The member schools elect board members who appoint a commissioner. The OHSAA isn't some evil, mafia type organization. They exist because of the inability of schools to police themselves. They have to deal with a number of issues that schools, coaches and athletes have created. OHSAA hasn't been in this kind of financial difficulty before the tournaments they help manage have been very successful financially.

rubberbiscut
Waterboy

Post by rubberbiscut »

Post by rubberbiscut » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:23 pm

All this 6 game BS is so Ohsaa can get their $$$$ if it had anything to do with the safety of the players Ohsaa wouldn't have let schools continue on with a 10 game schedule after losing in the playoffs. Everything nowadays is about the $$$$$$$$$ Ohsaa got to Dewine ( who I don't think is a good Gov. And I'm a republican) and pressured him into this. So then Ohsaa Jack's the ticket prices so( Yep you guessed it ) so they get their $$$$$ just my opinion.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

rubberbiscut wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:38 pm Post by rubberbiscut » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:23 pm

All this 6 game BS is so Ohsaa can get their $$$$ if it had anything to do with the safety of the players Ohsaa wouldn't have let schools continue on with a 10 game schedule after losing in the playoffs. Everything nowadays is about the $$$$$$$$$ Ohsaa got to Dewine ( who I don't think is a good Gov. And I'm a republican) and pressured him into this. So then Ohsaa Jack's the ticket prices so( Yep you guessed it ) so they get their $$$$$ just my opinion.
Yeah, I guess you have no clue that the 6 games came from the coaches association as a plan to keep the season alive and get the governors permission to even have a season. But facts are clearly something you are not interested in.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:50 am Interesting comment:
Pat Houseworth
This corrupt organization should be disbanded and start anew, with new leadership. The OHSAA is a corrupt, heavy handed outfit, that is only interested in power and lining it’s pockets, not interested at all in the promoting of Student Athletes./quote]
Lots of wild accusations with little facts.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

rubberbiscut wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:38 pm Post by rubberbiscut » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:23 pm

Prime Time what'd you do just get a new account and copy and paste this same statement in another thread, :lol: . You do realize the ability to play more games is TOTALLY up to the schools, OHSAA is allowing them to do this if they want to. No one is making any schools play more games and I think I've seen where a few have scheduled like 1 additional game. If OHSAA was so greatly concerned with the money aspect of things don't you believe they would've as you say pressured the governor into allowing more to attend?? Wouldn't they have setup better systems to charge for streaming throughout the season?? You just signed up and seems like you have some sort of axe to grind but you're not looking at it factually just my opinion.

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 am

Prime Time what'd you do just get a new account and copy and paste this same statement in another thread, :lol: . You do realize the ability to play more games is TOTALLY up to the schools, OHSAA is allowing them to do this if they want to. No one is making any schools play more games and I think I've seen where a few have scheduled like 1 additional game. If OHSAA was so greatly concerned with the money aspect of things don't you believe they would've as you say pressured the governor into allowing more to attend?? Wouldn't they have setup better systems to charge for streaming throughout the season?? You just signed up and seems like you have some sort of axe to grind but you're not looking at it factually just my opinion.
OHSAA has nothing to do with streaming of regular season games, that is up to each individual school, Otherwise 100% on your post.

Greenwave38
Waterboy

Post by Greenwave38 »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:50 am Interesting comment:
Pat Houseworth
Pat that shows how much you know. They have new leadership. Doug ute former newark hs pricipal took the job. The coaches vote on how the ohsaa is run. They just voted to expand the playoffs to 12 teams per region next year.

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

oh$aa

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I am no fan of OHSSA. But sone of the comments on here are ridiculous. Do you know if you look at OHSSA expenditures what the biggest expense is?

It is the liability insurance and catastrophic injury insurance that they get a umbrella policy for that covers every high school that is OHSSA sanctioned and is probably the biggest reason your school can afford to have high school sports.

If they are going to pay that policy where do you expect the money for the premiums to come from?

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

svac83 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:20 pm I am no fan of OHSSA. But sone of the comments on here are ridiculous. Do you know if you look at OHSSA expenditures what the biggest expense is?

It is the liability insurance and catastrophic injury insurance that they get a umbrella policy for that covers every high school that is OHSSA sanctioned and is probably the biggest reason your school can afford to have high school sports.

If they are going to pay that policy where do you expect the money for the premiums to come from?
It's OHSAA

This Pandemic is a FARCE. It's politically driven that has done nothing but shut down the economy, hurt businesses, and almost destroyed all sports!

Protect the Vulnerable, let everyone else live their lives!!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Maybe that is why spell check kept fixing it and I kept changing it. I know it is OHSAA don’t know what I was thinking. I don’t want to get into the politics of the pandemic. I fall in the middle of the argument which is not a place where very many people are.

I wear a mask when I cannot social distance inside or out. I do this out of respect for others. When I am social distanced I do not have my mask on.

I support local buisnesses and feel we should be able to be much closer to normal then we are. I understand the death rate is about the same as the FLU. I also understand that it is about 5 times more contagious that is why we have had so many deaths.

So it is what it is OHSAA didn’t create it. They are just playing by the rules.

Return to “Football”