thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Coaching 101

Post by thebarlowbandit »

mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:54 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:28 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:22 pm

I’m the complainer obviously.

Those who pretend referees never make mistakes are either biased or ignorant, which are you?
If I was one though, you’d be putting a target 🎯 on people with your arrogance
If I’m arrogant for stating officials make mistakes then you’re ignorant for saying they do not.

I think I know what you mean by target on people but I’d love to hear you explain it.
Never said they don’t, it’s just not the reason a team lost, as some people like to cry. I bet the QB in every game this weekend will make more mistakes than the officiating crews, I bet linemen will blow more assignments and miss more blocks than the officials do. Yet, some one will pop up and complain about the officiating as why they lost.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:06 am
mlittle wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:24 pm I’m neither, just a realistic person who calls BS on those who think they are funny, but are really not.
Well it’s a good thing you’re on this site commenting on every single post that any poster makes even slightly mentioning an official could make a mistake.

And the answer is you are both
I just don’t like the crying. I’ll also defend coaches. People need to try accountability for themselves and their kids from time to time.
I don’t disagree with that

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:10 am

If I’m arrogant for stating officials make mistakes then you’re ignorant for saying they do not.

I think I know what you mean by target on people but I’d love to hear you explain it.
Never said they don’t, it’s just not the reason a team lost, as some people like to cry. I bet the QB in every game this weekend will make more mistakes than the officiating crews, I bet linemen will blow more assignments and miss more blocks than the officials do. Yet, some one will pop up and complain about the officiating as why they lost.
Don’t disagree with this either

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

Cheerdad2020 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 pm Learned a little bit of coaching psychology on Friday night. SV up by 1 with 55 seconds left 4th and 5 or so. Well the refs blow the game with a whistle after the kick was blocked and recovered. If I was coaching Symmes Valley I would or went absolutely nuts when they decided to redo the play because the bad call.

Instead Webb was angry but he realized if he had went nuts it would of been a penalty and gave Northwest the 1at down. Just thinking that was a good veteran coach love that most young coaches may miss.

One of the biggest hose jobs I seen. Keep in mind northwest did nothing wrong
Where was this game played?

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:10 am

That isn't the same thing at all. There's a measure for all those things called "the final score." Individual players accumulate statistics. Teams earn wins and losses. Those mistakes are what the game is about.

Officials' mistakes are not an inherent part of the game.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:56 am
Cheerdad2020 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:02 pm Learned a little bit of coaching psychology on Friday night. SV up by 1 with 55 seconds left 4th and 5 or so. Well the refs blow the game with a whistle after the kick was blocked and recovered. If I was coaching Symmes Valley I would or went absolutely nuts when they decided to redo the play because the bad call.

Instead Webb was angry but he realized if he had went nuts it would of been a penalty and gave Northwest the 1at down. Just thinking that was a good veteran coach love that most young coaches may miss.

Symmes Valley

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

I will respectfully disagree with that. When you rely on human judgement, there will be mistakes. Officials don't enjoy making mistakes. As an official, if you make a mistake, it will eat at you for awhile. In this case, Coach Webb kept his composure and gave his team a chance.

ReedsvilleEaglesFan
Freshman Team

Post by ReedsvilleEaglesFan »

greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:40 am

Symmes Valley
WOW! Can't believe that call went against them at their place. History was made. :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ReedsvilleEaglesFan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:50 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:40 am

Symmes Valley
WOW! Can't believe that call went against them at their place. History was made. :lol:
Well truth be told the call didn't really go against them because it was the correct call, but I get what you're saying.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Buckeye1972 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am I will respectfully disagree with that. When you rely on human judgement, there will be mistakes. Officials don't enjoy making mistakes. As an official, if you make a mistake, it will eat at you for awhile. In this case, Coach Webb kept his composure and gave his team a chance.
Agree with this. Officials don’t want to screw up and they definitely don’t wanna be the guy/girl who potentially made a game changing type mistake. Sucks for them just like it does for the teams involved but again, it’s unavoidable. They make mistakes just like the rest of us and it’s foolish to hold them at such high standards

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

mlittle wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:46 pm
Buckeye1972 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:42 am I will respectfully disagree with that. When you rely on human judgement, there will be mistakes. Officials don't enjoy making mistakes. As an official, if you make a mistake, it will eat at you for awhile. In this case, Coach Webb kept his composure and gave his team a chance.
Agree with this. Officials don’t want to screw up and they definitely don’t wanna be the guy/girl who potentially made a game changing type mistake. Sucks for them just like it does for the teams involved but again, it’s unavoidable. They make mistakes just like the rest of us and it’s foolish to hold them at such high standards
Nobody said they will never make mistakes. Saying player mistakes are the same thing is just wrong. Player mistakes are part of the game.

Like: As a teacher, if my students get a wrong answer, that's part of the outcome. But if I grade the work incorrectly, they get the wrong score.

Officials' are making judgement calls on the fly. Not every call will be right. But saying it's the same as a dropped pass is just incorrect.

Return to “Football”