2020 Portsmouth 12 - 18 Gallia Academy

toldya
Freshman Team

Re: 2020 Portsmouth 12 - 18 Gallia Academy

Post by toldya »

Come on guys your record is 5-1. Enjoy it. You have the same record as Jackson who according to their posters is the best group of skilled athletes around. Also much better record than some of your former coaches have. Go 0-6 and I guarantee you will not whine about 5-1, I don't care how many penalties or predictable the team is. Enjoy your day.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

I always enjoy my day, told ya... But some days are more enjoyable than others. And I always have a little cheese with my whine...lol. JACKSON, are you serious, they always over rate themselves. Which former coach are you talking about? Are you talking about your present coach, people from gallia were SO upset when he left, just keep him around for 10 years or so and I am sure he will turn your program around.. Does he still run the wing tee?....lol...

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Re: October 2, 2020 Portsmouth - Gallia Academy

Post by Rvfan »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:48 am They've got a freshman on defense who looks like he might be something special. The freshman class as a whole looks impressive.
Freshmen shouldn't play on Friday nights, that's what JV games are for.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Rvfan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:22 pm
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:48 am They've got a freshman on defense who looks like he might be something special. The freshman class as a whole looks impressive.
If you ask me those freshman are not currently better than james either so i stilk dont see why he only plays defense when the game is on the line in 4th quarter

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

There have been 5 freshman start for Gallipolis this season.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

play them or lose them

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I do not care what grade a player is in best player should play period. It is very rare that you have a freshman that can start on Friday night. But this is the real problem no one is talking about with GA, GA only has thirty some kids on the team 9-12. The teams making deep runs in the playoffs are dressing double or triple that many kids. Why are kids not coming out for the team? That also makes it hard to have an JV or Freshman team to get younger kids in game reps. When you do have those games you might as well not have a practice for you varsity because then you wont have enough kids to give a good look.....

RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

THEbuckeyes wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:51 pm
I do not care what grade a player is in best player should play period. It is very rare that you have a freshman that can start on Friday night. But this is the real problem no one is talking about with GA, GA only has thirty some kids on the team 9-12. The teams making deep runs in the playoffs are dressing double or triple that many kids. Why are kids not coming out for the team? That also makes it hard to have an JV or Freshman team to get younger kids in game reps. When you do have those games you might as well not have a practice for you varsity because then you wont have enough kids to give a good look.....

There is no sense of accountability with this team and with the coaches as well. To build a program the varsity coaches as well as junior high coaches need to be involved with the youth football programs and need to be active in the schools as well. The youth football program as of 2/3 years ago had over 100 kids throughout now they have half that many. 33 5/6 graders a just a couple years ago now you have 12-13 of that remaining class?

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

i live in the county but you do know that it's gallipolis right. when the county schools took their kids back home from grade school football the demise started of midget league and not long after that any player that was half decent put on a purple and gold shirt and the dad was now an assistant elk coach. there were so many assistant coaches the head guy said hey your in and an assitant ran onto the field lol. who was the saunders that ran the program?

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

gallipolis has there guy in PENROD staff is iffy after that.

RIVERRAT304
Waterboy

Post by RIVERRAT304 »

82nd wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:25 am i live in the county but you do know that it's gallipolis right. when the county schools took their kids back home from grade school football the demise started of midget league and not long after that any player that was half decent put on a purple and gold shirt and the dad was now an assistant elk coach. there were so many assistant coaches the head guy said hey your in and an assitant ran onto the field lol. who was the saunders that ran the program?
This has been the last 3/4 years. When Buddy Moore was running the Elks League (15’-18’) the numbers were increasing and over 100 kids playing and most of those kids were city kids not county. Since he has left along with others the numbers keep decreasing. Winston Saunders ran the league back in the 80s and 90s if I’m not mistaken and then the Elks took over.

As far as coaching goes, I think we rather play “friends” than play the kids we need to win. They don’t want to upset any players or parents. If your a junior/senior it seems you can do whatever off the field or on the field and there is no consequences. This is why we are constantly out coached.

Return to “Football”