Playoff tickets

longball
JV Team

Playoff tickets

Post by longball »

How will tickets be sold for playoff games?

icanpickem
All Conference

Re: Playoff tickets

Post by icanpickem »

TICKETING PROCESS
The OHSAA will send playoff ticketing guidelines and information to schools on Friday and will meet virtually with all playoff schools on Monday morning to discuss. According the latest order from the Ohio Department of Health and the Governor, only 15 percent of the stadium’s permanent seating capacity are permitted to attend games, unless the site has been approved for a variance by the Ohio Department of Health. Note that the home team can have its band in attendance for its games, while both teams can have cheerleaders.

All playoff tickets will be sold online through www.OHSAA.org/tickets and will be available starting Tuesday, October 6.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

so the public can purchase tickets if available? Would like to see some seniors to be able to go..

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am so the public can purchase tickets if available? Would like to see some seniors to be able to go..
I would assume that tickets will be available to parents first and would be split evenly between schools. At most facilities that would mean no tickets for the public.
15% at Nelsonville-York is around 400 people. I doubt that in 2 weeks when the Buckeyes play their will be any tickets left for the public.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:21 am
longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:53 am so the public can purchase tickets if available? Would like to see some seniors to be able to go..
I would assume that tickets will be available to parents first and would be split evenly between schools. At most facilities that would mean no tickets for the public.
15% at Nelsonville-York is around 400 people. I doubt that in 2 weeks when the Buckeyes play their will be any tickets left for the public.
so there are 400 parents? i doubt that so where do the other tickets go?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I'm just saying, i know if you know the right person you can get into these games... lots of underclassmen posting on social media that they are there while seniors are spending their last year of friday night lights at home... also know adults going that dont have kids that play... just be nice if we all wouldn't be so selfish

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:02 pm lots of underclassmen posting on social media that they are there while seniors are spending their last year of friday night lights at home...
???

They’re high school students. You know, the classmates of the participants. Why should they not be allowed to watch their friends and boyfriends play if the size capacity permits?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

If there are extra tickets, shouldn't seniors get first dibs?
Last edited by longball on Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm what are you questioning ?
See above.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm If there are extra tickets, shouldn't seniors get first dibs?
Seniors like who? Twelfth grade high school students?

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:56 pm
longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:54 pm If there are extra tickets, shouldn't seniors get first dibs?
yes high school 12th grade students. This is their last year and will never get this time or experiences back. Why is that so hard to understand?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:05 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:56 pm
yes high school 12th grade students. This is their last year and will never get this time or experiences back. Why is that so hard to understand?
It’s not hard to understand.

Seems like it should be a school policy to decide how remaining tickets are hashed out, not something universal across OH.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

I agree, my point exactly. It doesn't seem like certain schools are even trying to be fair about who they pass out tickets to.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I personally would like to see "Senior citizen's" get first dibs 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Darn 12 dollars a ticket. I complained about 8 dollars lol

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
ACCBiggz
JV Team

Post by ACCBiggz »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:19 pm Darn 12 dollars a ticket. I complained about 8 dollars lol
Likely accounting for the surcharge of doing it through a third-party service like Hometown Tickets as opposed to the old way. This way they get the same margins while paying the service to handle it. Look at it this way, you'd still be ahead on the season since you didn't buy a home game ticket. :lol:

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

How about increasing the seating from the ridiculous 15% capacity to at least 25% and keep the ticket prices where they were last year. They jack the prices up to make up for the low number of fans attending.
MANDATE masks be worn (If they don’t wear them make them leave) and 6’ social distancing and you can easily do 25%-35% seating capacity, possibly up to 50%.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

longball wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:58 am
Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:21 am
so there are 400 parents? i doubt that so where do the other tickets go?
Be pretty close when you throw in band and cheer and split families
Last edited by mlittle on Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

It should be 50%. Just spread out!

Return to “Football”