Will OHSAA Do Right By Their Fans? Streaming

Greenwave38
Waterboy

Re: Will OHSAA Do Right By Their Fans? Streaming

Post by Greenwave38 »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:05 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:00 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:28 pm Since the OHSAA is getting 100% of the gate my guess is they open it up to maybe 50% capacity, that's if everyone can abide by the rules that is. Mask wearing being the top priority which has been a huge problem.
Not sure if you'll see 50% or not but I do know of games where there were to be state health inspectors to judge how the rules were being followed. I was told of 1 game in particular in our area that was to have inspectors coming to the game and I'm doubting they were going out of their way to just check on 1 game. Which makes me think if they're doing that this close to playoffs they might be entertaining the idea of raising that number, I don't think you'll see 50% though.
I was told by a state representative that the lieutenant governor was on board with raising the attendance but the governor said no.
I watch the 2pm webcast by the governor and expanding the attendance for playoffs was brought up and the gov was only concerned about parents only

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:09 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:00 pm

Hmmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with having the fewest subscribers in SE and Southern Ohio? Imagine that, Spectrum is a business and makes business decisions.
I was about to ask: how available even is Spectrum in SEOPs territory?
Not very! But it’s amazing how many people want product for free!
We have Spectrum in Portsmouth in I had Spectrum in Oak Hill...

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

madpolecat wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:57 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:05 pm

I was about to ask: how available even is Spectrum in SEOPs territory?
You miss the entire point! I never said spectrum had no subscribers, I said they had a small percentage of subscribers in SE and Southern Ohio. Not enough to sell the advertising and get the viewership needed.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:11 pm
madpolecat wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:57 am

You miss the entire point! I never said spectrum had no subscribers, I said they had a small percentage of subscribers in SE and Southern Ohio. Not enough to sell the advertising and get the viewership needed.
That's an excellent point. Anyone who wants to invest ad dollars in this game would reach a far greater audience by the game being live streamed on Youtube. I know with MyTownTv, the games they've archived there, the ads remain and they continue to reach the public. Spectrum will reach Spectrum subscribers. Practically everyone has access to Youtube

Currently, the archived Cincinnati Sycamore vs Ironton game has 3,400 views. That number just continues to rise as people come back to watch it again and again. One could only imagine how many would view a state championship game on Youtube and for sure over and over again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqyLUYem9LY

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”